Of all components of a PDF file, a table with complicated and numerous values may be the most difficult to edit. Yet, you simply cannot move the table from Word to PDF by simply copying and pasting. Doing so almost always results in a few lost values.
It is also likely that by trying to copy a table from PDF to Word, you will lose the formatting of the table and if it is complicated, you may have a very hard time figuring out where the values go. To avoid all these issues, your best bet is to convert the PDF to Word without losing the formatting. Here, we show you how to do that easily with UPDF.
Way 1. How to Copy and Paste from a Table from PDF to Word Without Losing Formatting
The best way to copy and paste a table from PDF to Word is to convert the PDF to Word format. UPDF will allow you to do that without losing the formatting of the original PDF on Mac. This means that all the values on the table will remain intact, eliminating the confusion of having to figure out where everything should be.
UPDF for Mac is also a very simple solution. The whole process even when converting a large file will take only a few minutes. Here's how the process works:
Step 1: Import the PDF Document
Open UPDF on your computer and then click on the "Open File" button. This will open your computer's file explorer and you can choose the PDF file that you would like to convert.
Alternatively, you can simply drag and drop the file into this main interface to import it into the program.
Step 2: Select the Convert Option
In the right panel, click on the first icon and then select the "Word" option as the output format.
Step 3: Convert PDF to Word
In the pop-up window, you can set the Output Format, and page range. If the document is a scanned PDF, you can select "Text Recognition Settings" to convert scanned PDF to editable Word.
Oce done, click the "Export" button. After that, the conversion process will then begin immediately and you should see the progress next to the document.
When the conversion is complete, the output folder you selected will open and you can open the newly converted Word document to see the converted table.
Step 4: Copy Table from PDF to Word
After the conversion, you can copy the table to your destinated Word document.
This is the whole process to copy and paste a table from PDF to Word. Easy, right?
Way 2. How to Copy Table from PDF to Word with MS Word
You will also be able to copy the table from PDF to Word by simply opening the PDF in Word. This method will however only work with newer versions of Word (Word 2013 and above). Follow these simple steps to use this method:
- Step 1: Right-click on the PDF document.
- Step 2: From the options that appear, choose "Open With."
- Step 3: Choose "Word" in the options on the dropdown. If it is not among the options, click on "Choose another app" to choose Word.
- Step 4: A pop-up message will appear saying, "Word will now convert your PDF to an editable Word document…". Click on "OK" and the PDF document will be opened in Word where you should be able to see the table and make any changes.
This method will convert the entire PDF file to Word. If you want to copy the table to another Word document, you can do that easily. Here's how:
- Step 1: Click on the "Move" icon on the top-left corner of the table (it's the arrow pointing in four directions to select it.
- Step 2: Once the table is selected, right-click on it and select "Copy."
- Step 3: Open the new Word document, right-click on it and then choose "Paste." The table should appear on the new document with its formatting intact.
Way 3. How to Copy and Paste a Table from PDF to Word with Adobe Acrobat
You can also easily transfer the PDF document to Word using Adobe Acrobat. This is the premier PDF creation and editing tool that can also be used to convert PDF documents to other formats. Install Adobe Acrobat onto your computer and then follow these steps to convert the PDF file to Word:
- Step 1: Find the PDF file on your computer right-click on it and choose "Open With > Adobe Acrobat."
- Step 2: Once the document is open in Adobe Acrobat, click on "File" in the top-right corner.
- Step 3: From the options that show up, select "Convert to Word, Excel, or PowerPoint."
- Step 4: This will open the conversion window. Click on the "Export to Word" option and your PDF will be converted to Word format.
You can then open the resultant Word document and then copy and paste the table to a new Word document. Please note, however, that this method will only be useful to you if you sign in to your Adobe account. Adobe Acrobat is also a premium tool that you need to purchase to use.
- Simple Methods to Edit Link in PDF
- Top 10 PDF Link Editor
- Add Background
- Effortless Ways to Change PDF Background Color
- 3 Different Ways to Add PDF Background
- Simple Ways to Remove Background from PDF
- Add Link
- How UPDF Helps you Study from Home
- What are the Different Versions of PDF/A?
- Master the Art of the PDF with 10 Tips & Tricks for UPDF