Summarizing PDFs is essential to convert lengthy documents into small, readable text. This eliminates the hassles of reading long content while saving important time and effectively absorbing critical points. Meanwhile, there are specialized summarize PDF online free tools, including ChatGPT.
Concurrently, this article provides the solution to summarize PDF with AI and includes UPDF, the robust PDF management tool. Moreover, this tool will help you summarize the scanned PDF by making it editable and searchable using its OCR technology.
Part 1: How to Use ChatGPT to Summarize PDF
ChatGPT is a Natural Language Processing (NLP) tool driven by AI technology. Subsequently, with ChatGPT, users can have human-like conversations by which they can get solutions to their queries, which also includes getting a PDF summary. But what steps do you need to follow to summarize the PDF with ChatGPT? Let's find out:
Step 1: Launch the OpenAI website on your device's browser and click "Try ChatGPT." Following this, sign up with your account credentials and log in with the same email and password.
Step 2: You will now enter the main interface of ChatGPT. In the available message bar, type a prompt question asking ChatGPT to write a summary for you and include the required word count. Press "Shift/Option + Enter" from your keyboard to enter a new line of the same message.
Step 3: Now you need to copy the text of your PDF file.
To copy the content of your PDF, launch the UPDF PDF Editor on your PC/Macbook and press the "Open File" button to access the document. Afterward, select the content of the PDF and choose the "Copy" option by right-clicking on it.
Note: if your PDF document is a scanned one, you can use the OCR feature of UPDF to copy text from the scanned PDF. You can find the detailed instructions in Part 3 of this article.
Step 4. Now paste your text to be summarized. Click "Enter," and ChatGPT will begin writing the summary.
Part 2: How to Summarize PDF with AI Online Free
To pursue AI to summarize PDF documents, you don't need special computing knowledge because the process is straightforward and convenient. In this part, we will take My Assignment Help as an example to summarize the PDFs with the help of AI. This tool is quite simple to use, and almost all AI tools have the same procedure like this. Meanwhile, the process is as follows:
Step 1: Launch the My Assignment Help AI PDF Summarizer on your browser and press the "Click to add Files" icon. Next, select your PDF file from the device and add it to the summarizing tool. Wait for some time because file uploading will take time.
Step 2: Set the summary length from the available slider as per your requirements. The supported characters are 1000 during a single summarizing process.
Step 3: Click the "Summarize" button, and the system will begin processing your pdf summary. After PDF summarization is done, you can either copy text by clicking the "Copy" icon or download text in a PDF file by clicking the "Download" icon from the screen's right side.
Part 3: How to Summarize a Scanned PDF
Scanned PDFs are generally a collection of scanned paper images within the document. This means users cannot edit or search for data from these PDF documents. But if you want to create a summary from the provided information in these documents, it would be better to make them editable and searchable first. For this purpose, the UPDP PDF editor is an excellent tool for OCR functionality.
UPDF OCR is an AI-powered tech that turns your scanned PDFs, paper documents, and images into searchable and editable PDFs. Its OCR tool is available in 38 languages to support PDF summarization from wider perspectives. Moreover, you can also adjust output layouts from 3 options. Above all, the converted file after OCR will be much smaller than the original file.
Straightforward Instructions to Apply OCR on Scanned PDF
UPDF OCR technology is a revolution in this modern world that makes document management of scanned files much easier. To use UPDF OCR technology, follow the simple steps discussed here:
Step 1: Launch UPDF and Import File
Open UPDF on your device and press the "Open File" button from the home screen. Afterward, choose your PDF document and click "Open."
Step 2: Apply the OCR Functionality
From the toolbar on the right side of the screen, press the "Recognize Text Using OCR" icon. The OCR window will open, where you must select the Layout, Document Language, and Page Range.
Step 3: Turn the Scanned PDF into a Copyable and Editable PDF
After doing all the settings, press the "Perform OCR" button and select the location to save the OCR file. Once folder selection is made, hit the "Save" button to complete the process.
Now, you can copy the content and paste it to ChatGPT to summarize the PDF easily!
Good News - UPDF Will Add the "AI Summarize PDF" Feature in June 2023
If you are tired of copy-pasting your information from your document into the ChatGPT website, then don't worry anymore because UPDF will add ChatGPT into its tool in June. This will save a lot of time and allow you to protect your document information from getting leaked. Some of the features that you will be able to perform with UPDF's ChatGPT integration are the following:
- Translate PDF: With this feature, you will be able to transfer your document data into any language that you want. Moreover, it will help you find the grammar mistakes in your file.
- Write and Rewrite PDF: UPDF's ChatGPT integration will allow you to create new unique, and original content depending on your prompt. Secondly, you can use it to rewrite the information by inserting your requirements, such as long content, short content, horror emotions, funny tone, etc.
- Summarize PDF: You can even generate different types of summaries for your PDF document.
- Explain: It can even help you understand the challenging terms of your assignments or questions.
Other Key Features of UPDF PDF Editor
- PDF Edit: You can edit PDF files by writing or rewriting text. This way, you can also adjust the font style, size, and color of the text. Moreover, you can also add or remove images and even apply different structural edits to your pictures. Links could also be inserted and styled with unique appearances.
- Annotation of PDF: You can annotate your summarized PDFs with the UPDF annotation tool. Furthermore, you can add comments, underlines, highlights, text boxes, strikeout text, sticky notes, stamps, and stickers. For PDF stamps, you can also create your customized stamp.
- Organizing PDF: With UPDF, you can manage your PDF pages by adding, deleting, cropping, extracting, rotating, splitting, and re-arranging. This way, you can bring your document in the correct order, and your thumbnail will be in the right position.
- Page Tools and Compress PDF: UPDF allows you to use the page tools like adding watermarks and background colors to your documents. You can also compress the PDF file by reducing its size to an optimal level. It also allows you to select the document quality while compressing documents.
Part 4: FAQs on Summarizing PDF Files
1. Is there a way to summarize a PDF for free?
There are many PDF summarizers online free tools available on the internet, such as ChatGPT, that you can use for free. Moreover, many paid summarized PDF AI tools also offer free trials.
2. How to write a summary of a PDF?
For writing a summary for PDF, you're required to follow these simple and easy steps here:
- Step 1: Decide the topic of your summary and make an interesting subject for your storyline. Make notes about the plot, characters, or situation appearing in your PDF, and design an outline.
- Step 2: Fill the outline with precise paragraphs involving the main points of your story. Begin writing a story by filling in paragraphs through important points drafted.
3. How to summarize a book?
To summarize a PDF book, you need to follow some straightforward steps, which are as follows:
- Step 1: Read the book carefully and write down all important ideas, tips, points, and notes. Organize your extracted important points in the right order.
- Step 2: Design an outline based on the extracted points, and make sure to provide a section for each point. Following the drafted outline structure, start writing your summary.
4. Can Google summarize a PDF?
Currently, Google cannot summarize a PDF for you. However, on Google Docs, you can write and manage your own summary.
5. What is the difference between Summarising and paraphrasing PDFs?
Summarizing is a way to convert lengthy documents into shorter and summarized text with essential and crucial information. Meanwhile, paraphrasing PDFs involves changing or twisting words of original content.
The fact is, we all get bored and sleepy while reading long texts. A similar case is with long-form and lengthy documents. Concurrently, using a summarize PDF online free tool for summarizing long text can be helpful. Similarly, summarizing PDF with ChatGPT is also a useful way to get your summary in desired personalization and word count.
Due to these reasons, this article discussed the step-by-step guides to summarize your PDF with an AI tool and ChatGPT. You also learned about UPDF, which provides state-of-the-art facilities for PDF document management.
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today
- 4 Ways to Convert VSDX to PDF (With and Without Visio)
- How to Use ChatGPT Read PDF Files with 3 Ways
- Nitro Vs Foxit: Which One is Better?
- How to Transfer PDFs Between iPad/iPhone/Android and Windows/Mac?
- How to Fix Windows 10/11 Desktop Icons Missing After Restarting? (6 Effective Ways)
- Notion AI vs. ChatGPT, Which One is Better to Use?
- What is Notion AI and Everything You Need to Know about Notion AI
- How to Hide Icons on a Mac Desktop? (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How to Customize Mac Desktop? The Ultimate Guide (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How To Save PowerPoint as PDF with Notes
- 7 Methods to Turn a Slideshow into PDF
- How to Password Protect PowerPoint: Restrict Editing/Printing/Accessing
- 4 New Ways to Edit PDFs on Chromebook
- How to Make A Fillable PDF in Google Docs