When you compress PDF files, you're essentially reducing their footprint or their size to make them smaller. This, in turn, makes it easy to share these PDFs on social media, websites, through email and chat, and so on. So what are the best tools to compress PDF to 100KB or minimize PDF size to whatever you want? Let's have a look.
Why Compressing PDF Files?
Easy to Share: When you need to send a document on mobile via chat or a messaging app, file size limits are often a problem. Compressing your file will help it go through without a hitch.
Easy to Upload: If you need to upload your PDFs to the web, lower file sizes will make the process go faster. It's also easier for others to view or download the file from the web.
Easy to Archive: For storage purposes, it's essential to compress PDFs because memory is usually a premium in most scenarios, and compressing your PDF archive files will let you store more data in a fixed amount of space.
With so many benefits, why not compress PDFs starting today? It makes them easier to manage and you can work with larger PDF workloads if you compress them for various purposes before using them.
The Best PDF Tool for Windows and Mac
UPDF is one of the latest additions to the PDF family. It is a powerhouse PDF editor that you can easily use to reduce PDF size. You can also annotate and organize PDFs with this versatile and fun utility. But most of all, you can use its convenience because it's can select the reduced size for the PDF.
The attractive UI has been designed for modern PDF users who need robust functionality but wouldn't mind a bit of fun mixed in. UPDF provides this through thoughtful design, attractive color schemes, and a fluid user interface.
Key Features of UPDF
PDF Editing (Text, Images and Links): UPDF is a powerful and user-friendly PDF editor that lets you take control of your PDF workflows. You can easily edit(add or delete) text, images and links as your need.
PDF Annotation: The excellent markup tools allow you to review and comment on documents, highlight content, add notes, draw shapes, apply preset shapes, and do a lot more. Communicate clearly and concisely with a full range of annotation tools.
Organize PDF: The page management module lets you reorder pages, replace them, rotate them, copy them, and extract them to a new PDF. This is another way to compress PDFs because you can simply extract what you need into a smaller file that's easier to share.
How Can I Compress PDF in UPDF
UPDF gives you ultimate control when you want to compress a PDF by allowing you to simply save a smaller version of the file. It is also very easy to use, just follow these simple steps;
Step 1: Download and Install UPDF
If you don't already have UPDF on your computer, download and install the latest version of the program from the main website. Once the installation process is complete, double-click on the UPDF icon to launch the application.
Step 2: Open the PDF Document You Want to Compress
Once open, UPDF gives you several options to open the PDF document that you'd like to work on. You can drag and drop the file onto the main interface to open it automatically or you can open it manually by clicking on the "Open File" icon and selecting the file.
Step 3: Compress the PDF File
When the document is open in UPDF, you will see a set of tools both on the left and right of the document. The tool needed to compress the file and reduce its size will be available on the right panel.
Click on the "Save As Other" icon and in the options that appear, select "Reduce File Size..."
Step 4: Save the Changes
Choose the level of compression you want and the file size you would like to have. If you want the compressed file size to be smaller, you can choose "Low". On the contrary, if you want to compress the quality better, the file size can not be so small, you can choose "Maximum". The file compression size options from left to right are compressed smaller and smaller.
Click on "Save As" and UPDF will allow you to choose a folder and a file name for the new version of the document. The PDF will be saved to your selected folder but will now be in a reduced size, allowing you to share the document with others more easily.
Video Tutorial on How to Compress PDF
How to Compress PDF in Adobe Acrobat
Acrobat DC is a high-quality tool to compress PDFs and perform literally hundreds of other tasks. It is as versatile as it is expensive, unfortunately, but if you're dealing with heavy PDF workflows, it's well worth the money. Here's how to compress PDFs using Acrobat DC.
- In the Acrobat window, select Open under "Tools" → "Optimize PDF".
- Choose the file to import into Acrobat.
- Choose the file compatibility in the dropdown within the pop-up dialog that appears.
- Finally, rename the file and save it to your desktop.
Comparison with 2 Ways to Compress PDF
Compress PDF files to make better use of PDF files. We have introduced two tools to compress PDF files. Which method would be better? We have a comparison table here to see the difference between the two. UPDF's simple and clear interface contrasts sharply with Adobe Acrobat's complex pages.
|System||Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android||Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android|
|Interface||Simple, user-friendly, and beautiful||Complex|
|Difficulty of use||Easy||Super difficult|
|Convert PDF to CSV, BMP, and GIF|
According to the table, it will find UPDF is much better. Here are some tips on why UPDF is better:
- Adobe Acrobat's interface is too complicated and not friendly enough for novices. The usage of each function is not clear enough, and users need to explore and research by themselves. UPDF's simple and easy-to-understand interface is much more friendly to novices. There will also be a brief introduction when you use it for the first time. But it's actually so simple that you don't need a user guide.
- Adobe Acrobat is very slow to open large files. It is also very slow when compressing large PDF files. This means less efficiency. But UPDF does not have this problem, it can open large files quickly and compress PDF files quickly.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro DC needs $239.88 for one year. It is too expensive to compress a PDF file. UPDF only takes $39.99 for one year. It is cheaper than Adobe Acrobat. UPDF compressing feature is also powerful.
FAQs about Compress PDF
1. How Can I Reduce the Size of a PDF?
Reducing the size of PDF can be more convenient to share with others. You can use UPDF to compress the PDF. Here are the steps to reduce the size of the PDF.
- Step 1: Download UPDF and launch it.
- Step 2: Click on "Open File" on the main interface to open the PDF file which you want to reduce the size.
- Step 3: Click the "Save as other" on the right menu, and then click on "Reduce File Size..." to enter the compress PDF mode.
- Step 4: Select the quality which you want to compress.
- Step 5: Click on "Save As" to reduce the size of the PDF.
2. How to Compress PDF to a Chosen Size?
UPDF has four different document qualities for you to choose from. It has "Maximum", "High", "Medium", and "Low" four options. It will appear the compressed size of the PDF when you click the option.
3. What Do I Do If My PDF is Too Big?
If the size of the PDF is too big will trouble to upload the PDF. Sharing with others is also not convenient. UPDF can reduce the size of PDF. You can see detailed steps in this article.
4. How to Shrink PDF in iLovePDF?
Click the "Compress PDF" and drop the file into it. Then click on "Compress PDF" to compress PDF in iLovePDF. But using iLovePDF to shrink PDF has some restrictions. It will restrict the size of the PDF file, and the quantity of the file. The safe of using iLovePDF is also a problem. Uploading PDF files to the website may leak your information. The offline compressor will be safer.
5. How to Compress PDF Online in Smallpdf?
Drop the PDF file to compress PDF in Smallpdf and then click on "Compress PDF". If you want strong compression it needs to upload to the pro version. If you use basic compression, it can only compress 40% of the PDF.
Compressing PDFs can make it more convenient to share files. But it is not an easy thing to compress PDFs. In this article, we have introduced 2 methods to compress PDFs. If you want us to recommend the best one for you, it is absolutely UPDF. You can select the different compressed file sizes of the PDF to reduce PDF files. The beautiful UI interface is also the best experience to use a PDF compressor.
- How to Use ChatGPT Read PDF Files with 3 Ways
- Nitro Vs Foxit: Which One is Better?
- How to Transfer PDFs Between iPad/iPhone/Android and Windows/Mac?
- How to Fix Windows 10/11 Desktop Icons Missing After Restarting? (6 Effective Ways)
- Notion AI vs. ChatGPT, Which One is Better to Use?
- What is Notion AI and Everything You Need to Know about Notion AI
- How to Hide Icons on a Mac Desktop? (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How to Customize Mac Desktop? The Ultimate Guide (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How To Save PowerPoint as PDF with Notes
- 7 Methods to Turn a Slideshow into PDF
- How to Password Protect PowerPoint: Restrict Editing/Printing/Accessing
- 4 New Ways to Edit PDFs on Chromebook
- How to Make A Fillable PDF in Google Docs
- Top 4 PowerPoint Alternatives in 2023
- How to Create a Poster in PowerPoint