A PDF size reducer or optimizer is essentially a PDF application that can render a large PDF file into a smaller size. This is done in different ways, including simplifying fonts, reducing image resolution, and so on. When you reduce PDF size, it becomes more convenient to share via common communication channels such as email, chat, web, etc. Here's a list of some great applications and online services to reduce PDF size to 100KB, as an example.
- Why You Need to Reduce PDF Size
- How to Reduce PDF size in UPDF
- Why UPDF is the Best One
- How to Reduce PDF Size in Adobe Acrobat
- How to Decrease PDF Size in iLovePDF
- How to Reduce PDF Size Online with SmallPDF
- How to Shrink the Size of PDF with SodaPDF
We've already spoken about the sharing benefits of having smaller PDF files. However, when you reduce a PDF file and create a smaller one, a lot of possibilities open up.
For instance, let's say you want to offer a free PDF on your website for people who sign up for your newsletter. Would you want them to be downloading a hefty file that'll slow their system down and spoil the customer experience? Of course not, right? As another example, imagine that you have a PDF file of all the photos you took of last night's party and a friend is asking you to share it via mobile. Do you really want to deal with a bulky image-based PDF with precious mobile data? For these and other reasons, you can reduce PDF sizes to suit your specific needs.
How to Reduce PDF size in UPDF
You can very easily reduce the size of a PDF document by simply saving the file as a smaller version of itself. Like most other tools in UPDF, this tool is very easy to use and it allows you the freedom to have a document of your preferred size.
Here's how you can use it;
Step 1: Install UPDF on your Computer
You can download the latest version of UPDF from the program's main website. Follow the instructions to install the program on your computer. After installation, launch UPDF.
Step 2: Open the PDF Document
On the main interface, you can click on "Open File" to import the PDF file that you would like to work with.
You can also simply drag and drop the PDF file onto the main interface to open it.
Once the PDF document is open, a list of tools will appear on the right panel. Click on the "Save as Other" icon to access the compression tool you need.
Step 3: Change the Page Size
Click on the "Reduce File Size" option from the various saving options that you see and UPDF will give you the option to choose a much-reduced size of the document that will be easier to share via email or other mediums.
Step 4: Save the Changes
Once you have selected the file size, UPDF will allow you to save the file in a separate folder using a different file. This is ideal if you would like to keep both versions of the file on your computer.
Keep in mind that you may want to save any changes made to any other aspect of the document before compressing the file. To do that click on "File > Save" and choose a location on your computer to save the file.
You can also choose to share the file directly with others using the "Share" icon on the right or even click on "File > Print" to print out the document.
Why UPDF is the Best One
One of the major benefits of using UPDF is that it is very easy to use. The steps above show you just how easy it is to reduce the size of any PDF document. But UPDF is more than just a way to crop PDF pages. It has numerous other features, making it the most ideal PDF management solution for you if you handle a lot of PDF documents.
The following are some of the main advantages of choosing UPDF over other tools;
- UPDF is cost-effective as compared to other solutions like Adobe Acrobat which can be quite expensive to acquire. This is compounded by the fact that UPDF is much easier to use and has all the features you would find on the more expensive tools.
- You also get more value for your money when you choose UPDF as you can use a single license on up to 4 systems. The simplicity of it system and how it works ensures that you waste less time trying to figure out how it works.
- It is also one of the easiest ways to edit both the text and images on a PDF document. The interface makes it easy to find the tools you need to make any change to the document, including editing the text and images.
- You can also use UPDF to organize PDF pages in numerous ways. You can reorder, rotate and even resize individual pages or move pages to a new document and delete pages that shouldn't be on the page. And as we have seen above, you can also change the size of the PDF.
- It is also one of the best ways to read and annotate a PDF document. You can switch to the "reader" version of UPDF at the click of a button and use the user-friendly interface to navigate the document. Numerous annotation tools allow you to add comments, stamps, and stickers and highlight or underline the text on the document.
- UPDF also makes it very easy to add a binding electronic signature to the document. This is the perfect solution to authenticate sensitive documents without affecting the overall quality of the document. You can also add a password to protect the content on the document from unauthorized access or editing.
- UPDF also has a document conversion feature that you will find very useful if you want to convert your PDF documents to more editable formats. It supports the conversion of PDF documents to a variety of other formats including Word, Excel, PDF/A, image formats (JPG, BMP, PNG, and more), HTML, TXT, and more. The OCR function ensures that you can very easily convert scanned or image-rich PDFs to other formats.
Acrobat DC has a powerful compression engine as well as different ways to reduce PDF size below 100KB. One of these methods is described below:
Step 1. Open a PDF Document
Under the main "Tools" menu, click the arrow below "Optimize PDF" and select "Open".
Choose the file from its Finder or Explorer location to open it in Acrobat DC.
Step 2. Reduce File Size with Adobe Acrobat
Select "Reduce File Size" from the toolbar menu.
When you see the pop-up pane, choose the support format and click the "OK" button.
You will be prompted to give the now-compressed file a new name - do that now and save it.
That's it, you're all done! You'll notice that the new file is smaller in size because you just did a 'reduce PDF size' action!
iLovePDF is a beloved tool and very familiar to those who know iLoveIMG, the hugely popular image editing tool for online use. iLovePDF has all the basic PDF tools you need to manage light to moderate PDF workflows. It doesn't boast any advanced functions but it's fun to use and quite useful in a pinch. You can upgrade to take advantage of higher file size and batch processing limits.
You can follow these steps to reduce PDF file size on any device that has a modern browser.
Step 1. Upload PDF to iLovePDF
Upload the file to the URL for file size optimization in the main iLovePDF website.
Step 2. Decrease the Size of PDF with iLovePDF
Choose the level of compression that you want to apply - the higher the compression, the lower the output file size.
Click "Compress PDF" and wait for the download to be available - save it to your desktop.
How to Reduce PDF File Size Online with Smallpdf
Smallpdf is quite a powerful tool that's very similar to iLovePDF because both work on your browser. However, that's probably where the similarity ends. Smallpdf is more stylish than fun. The professional design, convenient menu layout, and the instant availability of a range of basic and advanced file management tools such as… of course, a PDF size reducer that's quite powerful.
The only downside is that only basic compression is free; you need a Pro account for high compression. Nevertheless, it's a good tool to reduce PDF file size online if the file's not too large and all you need is some basic file size reduction. Here's how it's done:
Step 1. Import PDF File
Import the PDF file to the "Compress PDF" section of the Smallpdf website.
Step 2. Reduce PDF Size Online
Once you've uploaded the file, select Basic compression or Advanced (if you're a Pro subscriber)
Click on "Compress" and wait for the download page; on the last page click Download.
How to Shrink the Size of PDF with SodaPDF
SodaPDF Online is another versatile online PDF reducer service that runs on your browser. It's chockfull of features but most of the advanced tools are only in the desktop version, which we're not covering here. The online version is what we're interested in, and you can easily reduce PDF file size to 100KB or below with this versatile online PDF platform.
SodaPDF Online is a versatile collection of PDF tools with editing, OCR, Bates Numbering, and other advanced tools, as well as simpler tools such as file converters, page organizing, protection, e-signing, etc. Here's how to shrink the size of a PDF with Soda PDF Online.
Step 1. Import the PDF into SodaPDF
Import the PDF file into the SodaPDF Online URL for file compression.
Step 2. Shrink Size of PDF
Choose the Basic compression level here, since the High Compression option is locked behind the Pro paywall.
Click "Compress File" and wait for the download page, after which you can save the compressed PDF.
Reducing the file size makes it easier to share files with others. But you may encounter many difficulties when reducing the file size. This article introduces five methods to reduce file size, which should be enough for you. But also pay attention to the distinction, don't choose blindly. If you don't know which one to choose, we recommend you choose UPDF. Not only because of its simple and convenient interface but also because its powerful compression tool can have different compression size options.
- Como Cortar PDF em 2 Métodos Fáceis
- The Hidden Features of UPDF That You Don't Know
- Como imprimir PDF como livreto no Windows e Mac
- How to Create an Electronic Signature in PDF Flawlessly
- How to Modify a PDF Online Easily and Quickly
- How to Modify a PDF on Mac Effortlessly
- How to Save a Fillable PDF on Windows and Mac
- Top 5 Easy and Dominant Signature Makers
- How to Edit PDF Android – A Detailed Guide to UPDF
- Einfache 3 Methoden zum Entfernen von Links aus PDF