Due to the fact that PDF files retain their formatting when transferred to other computers, independent of their operating system, PDF has seen tremendous growth in popularity over the years.
On the downside, PDFs tend to be somewhat large. This necessitates reducing their size so that more room may be made available and so that they can be sent over email without difficulty. This article compares and contrasts three methods to resize PDF files.
Way 1. How to Resize PDF File Size
When compared to other tools, using UPDF to resize PDFs is a rather simple process. Because the user experience is so polished, you won't need to dig through menus to find editing features. When adding new pages or resizing existing ones, the page management capabilities can save time. You can try to use UPDF and then you will find that you can't leave it. Now you can download it by clicking the download button below.
One of the most effective ways to make PDF shareable is to reduce its sizes without compromising on its quality. This task can be done successfully by using an exceptional PDF resizer tool like UPDF. This tool never interferes with the layouts or contents of PDF and can resize the file size to an optimal level. Please follow the steps listed here:
Step 1: Open UPDF and Import PDF File
First, you need to download and install the latest version of UPDF from the official website of UPDF. After installing the UPDF on your computer, launch the application.
Next, hit the "Open File" button and import your large-sized PDF file.
Step 2: Change PDF Size
Once the file is opened, click on the "Save as Other" icon, and select the "Reduce File Size" feature from the listed options.
Step 3: Save the Resized File
From the "Document Quality" window, choose the output quality of your document from options of "Maximum," "High," "Medium," and "Low." The compressed file size will also be provided after your select the required document quality.
After choosing Document Quality, click on the "Save As" button and choose a path to save your files. Hit "Save," and your compressed file will be saved on your device.
UPDF is not just a PDF resizer, in fact, it is the best PDF reader and editor that is available. The following are some of its most important features:
- UPDF allows you to edit your text and images using the powerful PDF editor. You can add, remove, crop, rotate and align the text and images in your PDF files.
- It allows you to organize and manage your PDF pages more efficiently. You can rotate, and reorder your PDF pages based on their importance or on your own preference.
- It allows you to resize the PDF pages using the compressing and cropping feature. Using this feature, you can resize any page of your PDF document.
- Using UPDF, you can electronically sign your PDF document without affecting the overall quality of your PDF file.
- It also allows you to convert your PDF document into multiple other formats, which is highly fast and accurate.
- It also supports the OCR feature to turn scanned PDFs into searchable and editable PDFs.
Way 2. How to Resize PDF Page Size
Here is how to resize your PDF pages using the cropping feature of UPDF:
Step 1. Open a PDF and Click the Crop Icon
To get started, download UPDF on your computer and open it.
Now, you will see a user interface of UPDF. You can either drag and drop your PDF file into the UPDF or open it manually using the "Open File" icon.
Once you have opened your PDF file, navigate to the left panel and click on the "Crop Pages" icon.
Step 2. Change PDF Page Size
Selecting the "Options" icon enables you to make changes to the page margins and cropped page size.
By providing numeric values, you may choose the exact size of the crop margins at the top, bottom, left, and right of your page.
Similar to adjusting the margins, you may also modify the dimensions of the cropped page. Your PDF's margins and aspect ratio can also be adjusted.
Step 3. Apply Changes to All the Pages
Just click the "Crop" button in the upper right corner if you want to crop the current page.
If you've made edits to the current page that you like and wish to copy over to the other pages, select the page range and click the "Apply Changes" button.
The above steps are to crop PDF size. It's easy, right? You can click the download button below for a trial.
Way 3. How to Resize PDF Image
UPDF makes it simple to resize images when compared to other tools. Because of the intuitive design of the interface, you won't need to go through options to access the many editing tools. Adding photos and adjusting their sizes is easier thanks to UPDF. Let's take a look at how to do it.
Step 1. Go to the Edit Mode
Assuming that you have already opened your PDF file, navigate to the left panel and click the "Edit PDF" icon.
Step 2. Resize the Image in PDF by Dragging the Corners
After enter into the editing mode, you can click an image to select it. You can drag the purple corner to resize it as per your requirements. You can make it bigger or smaller.
Step 3. Resize PDF Images by Cropping
You can also resize PDF by cropping the image in PDF. Double-click the image, and you will see a small toolbar below the image using which you can crop or resize your image. Now, click on the "Crop Image" icon.
Now, you are in cropping mode. Adjust your image size based on your need and apply the changes.
FAQs on Resizing Pages in PDFs
How do you resize a PDF?
Yes, you can easily resize your PDF using the compress feature of the UPDF program. It is simple and easy to use as explained in this article.
How do I resize a PDF to 100kb?
You can use UPDF PDF resizer that we mentioned in this post to resize a PDF to 100kb. After you enter into the compression window, there are four levels for compression and you can see the final size of your PDF file after compression.
Can I resize the PDF file to 200kb online?
Yes, you can resize a PDF file to 200kb online using some online tools. However, if your PDF file size is too large, online tools can't ensure you resize it to 200kb or less. Online tools are also not safe and stable.
A better solution is to use UPDF, which is the most effective method. It allows you to choose the compression level you need and resize your PDF to 200kb or less.
We have discussed several different ways to resize PDF in this article. We recommend you use UPDF because it is completely offline and you won't have to worry about the confidentiality of your documents. It does not store your PDF file and all your documents are on your local devices. Now, you can download UPDF by clicking the download button below.
- How to Create Drop Down List in Excel? (The Complete Guide)
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Use ChatGPT to Write a Resume
- ChatGPT vs. Siri, What are the Differences? Who Will Be the Winner in the AI Race?
- How to Use ChatGPT to Improve Your Work Productivity
- Extract Pages from Word with 3 Easy Ways
- An Easy & Unique Way to Create PDF from Images
- How to Insert Checkbox in Excel? (5 Easy Ways)
- 8 Solutions for Adobe Acrobat Not Opening
- How to Add Text to The Beginning and End of Cell in Excel? (The Easiest Ways)
- How to Insert an Excel File to PPT
- How to Download and Use ChatGPT for Mac Safely?
- How to Convert, Import, and Export PPT to Excel for Free
- How to Embed Fonts in PowerPoint on Win/Mac
- GPT-4 vs. GPT-3.5, Which Version is Better?
- How to Copy PDF to PowerPoint