Print a PDF on Windows
To print a PDF document with UPDF for Windows, please follow the instructions below:
- Simply click the "File" icon on the top-left corner, and then click on "Print".
- In the pop-up window, set the properties for printing, including the Printer, Print with or without Comments, Page Size, Orientation, Copies, Pages to Print, Page Sizing & Handling, Print on both sides of paper, etc.
- After selecting the properties, hit the Print button.
You will find the following options while printing a PDF document:
- Document, Comment, Document &Comments: This feature allows you to choose to print with or without comments presented on your document.
- Page Size: Page Size allows you to choose the best possible page size according to your paper. The page sizes include "Letter," "Legal," "A3," A4," and more.
- Orientation: The orientation option in print settings allows you to change the orientation of your page, i.e., "Portrait" and "Landscape."
- Printer: The "Printer" option allows you to select a particular printer you wish to use. Multiple printers can be attached and installed on your PC. Sometimes various printers are installed and configured over the LAN (Local Area Network.)
- Copies: The Copies option in Print Settings determines the number of copies you want to print your document.
- Pages to Print: This property determines how many pages you want to print for yourself. You can also select single and multiple pages to print. Or you can directly specify the page number.
- Options: This feature includes two parts, i.e., "Print in grayscale(black and white)" and "Print As Image." The "Print in grayscale(black and white)" allows you to print the opposite background and forefront colors. For example, a white background including black font would be printed as a white font and black background. Whereas "Print As Image" alternates the processing by sending the request as a simple image instead of the document.
- Page Sizing & Handling: Page Sizing and Handling gives you the upper hand in handling page sizes according to your need. It includes three options, "Size," "Multiple," and "Booklet."
- Fit/Actual Size/Custom Scale: You can also set the printing scale from Fit, Actual Size, and Custom Scale. The Fit option is one of the page sizing features that automatically resize the document according to your page margins.
- Print on both sides of paper: When you turn on this feature, you can make your PDF files print double-sided, which means that there is coherent content on both sides of a piece of paper.