Password Protect PDFs
Using encryption or password protection on your PDF files has the utmost importance due to privacy concerns. UPDF now allows Windows users to password-protect their PDFs using the UPDF program.
- 1. Add an Open Password
- 2. Add a Permissions Password
- 3. Check Security Properties
- 4. Remove Security
1. Add an Open Password
The first encryption feature that UPDF offers is to add an open password to your PDF file. Here is how to do it:
- Open your PDF file in UPDF.
- Click on the Protecting Using Password icon on the right panel of UPDF.
- Now select the Document Open option.
- Type your password in the given fields.
- You can also change the level of protection by clicking on the More options button (The security levels include: 128-bit RC4, 128-bit AES, and 256-bit RC4)
- Now click on Apply.
- In the new pop-up, click Save to save the encrypted file with an open password.
A permissions password (also known as a master password) requires a password to change permission settings. Using a permissions password, you can restrict printing, editing, and copying content in the PDF.
Here is how to add a permission password to your PDF document:
- Select the Permissions after clicking the Protect Using Password icon.
- Next, type your password in the given fields.
- You can also adjust the settings of the permission password by clicking on More Options. It allows you to customize if Printing, Changes, and Copying are allowed separately. You can also set a different encryption level.
- Click on Apply to save changes.
- Save the encrypted file.
UPDF also allows you to check the safety of already existing documents.
- Select the Protect Using Password option.
- Select Security Properties from the menu.
- You may examine the PDF's "Security," "Advanced," and "Description" settings.
UPDF also provides the option to remove the protection on an existing PDF file.
- Select the Protect Using Password button.
- In order to get rid of any kind of protection, just click the Remove Security button. If your document hasn't been protected in any way, this option won't be accessible.
- The computer will ask whether you're sure you want to disable the security on this file. To delete, use the Remove option.
- To delete the password, you must first input the password to authenticate your access.
- After deleting the password, Save the PDF file.