Annotate PDF on Windows with UPDF
The Comment tools enable users to add comments to PDF easily. The intention of a written comment describes a point of view, an illustration, an example, or a revelation of reality, mainly demonstrating a reaction or personal attitude. You can easily add, edit, and delete the comments.
- 1. Add Comments (Typewriter/Text Box/Note)
- 2. Text Markups (Highlight/Strikethrough/Underline)
- 3. Pencil and Eraser Tool
- 4. Add Shapes
- 5. Add Stickers
- 6. Add Stamps
- 7. Comment Properties
- 8. Undo/Delete Annotations
1. Add Comments
First of all, click the Comment menu on the top toolbar. You can add three types of comments:
- Text Comment (Typewriter)
- Text Box
- Sticky Note
-Text Comment: In order to add a typewriter, click the T icon, and click anywhere you want to place the typewriter comment. And then begin to type.
-Text Box: To add a text box, click the T icon with a box, select the style of the text box, and then click anywhere you want to place the text box.
-Sticky Notes: To add a sticky note, you need to click the note icon. Then click on your PDF document to place it. Double-click the note icon and type in the note area.
2. Text Markups
Another excellent feature that UPDF provides is Text Markups. UPDF provides the following markups:
To add text markups, click the Comment menu on the top toolbar. Choose any of the above markups and place them on your document.
Highlight: To highlight text or passages, you can click the Highlight icon, select the color for highlighting, and select the text you want to highlight. This feature helps you mark important information for memory.
Strikethrough: To add a strikethrough to the text, click the Strikethrough icon and select the text. This feature helps others know that the text has been deleted.
Underline: Click the Underline icon, select the text, and release your mouse to finish adding the underline.
Squiggly: Click the Squiggly icon, select a color, and then drag to select the text you want to add squiggly lines.
3. Pencil and Eraser Tool
If you are looking forward to drawing on a PDF document free hand, you can use the pencil and eraser tool provided by UPDF.
Select the "Pencil" tool on the top menu that will open some personalization options for you before you draw it on the PDF. Select the color, opacity, and thickness of the pencil. You can now draw with your free hand using the cursor.
Tap on the "Eraser" tool from the top menu and set the thickness of the eraser using the slider. Define if you want to have a "Whole" or a "Partial" eraser. Use the cursor to remove the pencil inscriptions made on the document.
4. Add Shapes
UPDF supports drawing rectangles, ovals, lines, and arrows.
First of all, click the Comment menu to reveal the drawing tools. Then click the Shapes icon and select the drawing tools in the drop-down menu.
- Rectangle: To add a rectangle to your document, click the rectangle shape, and use the click-and-drag action to draw it on your document.
- Oval: Click the oval icon and click and drag on your document. You can adjust the shape of the oval anytime by selecting it.
- Line: Draw a line by clicking the line icon.
- Arrow: To add an arrow markup, you need to click the arrow icon.
5. Add Stickers
- As you are present in the "Comment" tab, continue to select the "Sticker" icon from the top menu.
- With the menu that opens, select any particular category from the left-side panel of the menu. Continue to choose the specific you wish to add within the PDF.
- Click on the PDF where you wish to add the sticker. You can set the dimensions of the sticker with the rectangular icons available with the sticker.
6. Add Stamps
Lead into the "Stamp" icon from the top to open a drop-down menu. UPDF supports 3 methods to create a stamp:
Add Pre-Built Stamps
You can select any specific stamp from the "Stamps" section. After selecting a stamp, click anywhere on the PDF to add a stamp.
Import Stamps to PDF
You can also import stamps into your PDF by accessing the "Custom" section in the "Stamp" feature. Click "Import" to browse the appropriate stamp and add it to your PDF successfully.
Create New Custom Stamp
If you wish to add a customized stamp, proceed to the "Custom" tab and click "Create" if you wish to design a stamp.
- Select the style of the stamp on the new window that opens. Write the text in the available space, which is to be displayed on the stamp.
- To add the date and time on the stamp, click the icons available adjacent to the "Preview" section. Change the color by clicking on the icon and setting the appropriate background.
- Once done, click "Create" to add the stamp to the collection.
- Proceed into the "Stamp" section and select the created stamp to add it to the PDF.
7. Comment Properties
You can also set the properties while commenting on your PDF file. You can change the text color, border color, and font attributes as well. You can change the properties by right-clicking on the annotations or selecting the Properties from the context menu.
8. Undo/Delete Annotations
Once the annotations are applied to your documents, you can undo/delete them. To undo any changes, use the keyboard shortcut CTRL + Z to undo the annotations.
You can delete it with the help of a mouse. Right-click on the annotation and hover the cursor on the Clear or Delete option.