Add or Edit Text in PDF
UPDF allows you to edit the text in PDF as well as add new text to PDF. It offers the most smooth and flexible experience for editing text in PDF.
1. Edit Text in PDF
Click on the Edit PDF icon placed right at the left of the interface. You will enter into the editing mode.
Click on the text to enter into the editing mode. There will be a purple borderline to indicate that you have selected the paragraph, and then you can modify the text as per your requirements.
Besides adding, deleting, or modifying the text, you can also change the font, font size, alignment, and other font styles on the top toolbar.
Note: If you're already in Comment or Organize Page mode, you can click the Edit PDF icon in the left navigation toolbar to change the mode.
2. Add Text to PDF
The process of adding text can be done in two ways. One, you can add text to PDF as part of the document by using the Edit feature. Second, you can use the Comment feature to add text to your PDF as a comment.
2.1. Add Text to PDF as a Part of Your Document
- Click the Edit PDF icon on the left toolbar.
- In Edit mode, click the Text icon in the top toolbar.
- Click anywhere in the PDF file and start typing. Set the style of the text you are adding, including the font, font size, color, and alignment of the text etc.
- To exit editing mode, click outside the text box.
Note: You can add text continuously when the "Text" icon is in the color purple. To close the continuous mode, you just need to click the icon again.
2.2. Add Text to PDF as a Comment
- Click the Comment icon on the left toolbar.
- Click the Text Box icon. Choose the style for the text box, including the color of the box, the font, and the font size of your text.
- Click anywhere in the PDF to add the text box and begin typing.
Note: The text box is a comment to the PDF document.