It is not uncommon for a PDF document that you are working with to contain images that don't just fit into the document correctly. If the image is a major part of the content and you can therefore not afford to cut image from PDF, it may be more beneficial to crop the image so it fits in more appropriately.
But how do you do that? How do you crop a PDF image? Well, there are several tools that can allow you to do that, but most are expensive and out of reach for most users. Lucky for you, this article will highlight 2 free ways to crop PDF image that are just as effective as the most expensive solutions.
- Part 1. Why You May Need to Crop a PDF Image
- Part 2. The Best Free Tool to Crop PDF Image
- Part 3. How to Crop a PDF Image for Free with UPDF
- Part 4. How to Crop PDF Image Online with SmallPDF
Why You May Need to Crop a PDF Image
There are several reasons why you may want to crop an image on your PDF document. The most common include the following:
- Some aspects of the image may not be appropriate to the content in the document and you may want to remove these parts of the image.
- You may also want to crop an image if parts of it contain confidential information that you would rather not share.
- It may also be necessary to crop an image if it is larger than the margins of the document, preventing you from printing the document.
The following solutions will be useful to you regardless of the reasons you want to crop the image.
The Best Free Tool to Crop PDF Image
The best free solution that you will ever find when looking for a way to crop an image on your document is UPDF. This free tool has all the features you would find on a premium PDF editor and is much easier to use, thanks to its very simple user interface.
It has a lot of useful features to help you edit all aspects of the PDF document, including images. These features include the following:
- UPDF allows you to edit the images on a PDF document in a simple and comprehensive way. Not only can you crop the images already on the document, but you can also very easily reorder them, resize them and even delete them.
- In much the same way, you can edit the text on the document. You can add and remove the text or change the font style, size, and color.
- It is also a good way to manage the pages on the PDF document. It allows you to rotate, reorder, delete or even add new pages to the document.
- It has a very simple user interface, making all its functions very easy to use even for the beginner user.
How to Crop a PDF Image for Free
To use UPDF to crop a PDF image for free, install the program on your computer and then follow these steps:
Step 1: Open the PDF
Launch the program on your computer and in the main interface click on the "Open File" button.
Choose the PDF file with the images that you want to crop to import it into the program.
Step 2: Enter Editing Mode
Once the document is open, click on the "Edit" button on the top bar to enter editing mode.
Step 3: Select the Image You Want to Crop
Locate the image you would like to crop and click on it to select it. You should see a purple border line around the image to indicate that it has been selected.
You will also see a number of icons below the image. Choose the "Crop" icon.
You can also just right-click on the image and choose "Crop".
Step 4: Crop the PDF Image
Then simply select the area on the image that you want to crop. You can also set the width and height for a more precise selection and then click "OK" to crop the image.
Don't forget to save the document when the process is complete.
How to Crop PDF Image Online with SmallPDF
SmallPDF is a free online tool that can be used to edit a PDF document in various ways. While you may not find it as easy to use as UPDF and it doesn't come with numerous features to crop an image, there is still so much it can do in terms of editing a PDF.
It is also available on any browser, meaning that you don't need to install any programs on your computer to use it. Here's how you can use it to edit an image on a PDF document:
Step 1: Go to SmallPDF to access the necessary tools to edit the PDF.
Step 2: Click on the "Choose Files" button to import the PDF you'd like to edit. You can also just drag and drop the file into this page.
Step 3: Once the document is open, you should see a number of options at the top to select sections of the document, add text, highlight existing text or add an image to the document. But smallPDF doesn't support to edit the existing text and image in PDF.
Step 4: Select an editing option that best suits your needs and make changes to the document as desired. When you're done, click on the "Download" button at the top to download the edited document.
SmallPDF may not be able to help you crop the images on a PDF document, but it is a good and free solution for making minor changes to any PDF document online.
Final thoughts: Most PDF editing solutions can be very difficult to use and may therefore take too much of your time as you try to find the right tools to crop a photo. UPDF eliminates this process by simplifying the process and containing it in a user interface that is easily accessible and very easy to use. To crop an image with UPDF can be done in just a few simple steps.
- Print PDF
- Print PDF
- How to Open PDF in Chrome
- How to Open Password Protected PDF in 3 Ways
- How to Open Multiple PDFs at Once
- How to Compare PDFs for Free (3 Ways)
- How to Open PDF in InDesign on Mac
- How to Add Bookmarks to PDF
- 10 Best Software for Lawyers to Improve Productivity in 2022
- Exploring the Automation of Audit Trails