Images bring documents to life. A document without images is often considered boring and hard to understand. After all, our minds are wired to understand visuals better than blobs of text. Most documents today are in PDF format because such documents can be viewed on any device and are difficult to edit. However, in many situations, you are required to edit images in PDF documents. With UPDF, you can edit PDF images totally free.
- 1. The Best Free Tool to Edit Images in PDF
- 2. How to Edit PDF Images with UPDF (Video Tutorial Included)
- 3. How to Edit PDF Image Online Free with iLovePDF
- 4. Situations that You Should Edit Images in PDF
If you are looking to edit images in PDF documents or to edit PDF images, UPDF is the best free tool to rely on. UPDF is a modern, high-performance, and delightful PDF editor that has made editing PDF documents very seamless for both technical and non-technical users. The tool offers almost any action that you would like to perform on a PDF document.
It is extremely simple to edit images in PDF documents using UPDF. You can easily resize, reposition, replace, copy, and delete images in PDF documents. UPDF also allows you to crop an image in a PDF document. It may sound like using these features requires training. However, that is not true. UPDF is a delight for beginners and advanced users alike. The interface is very easy to understand and is full of in-product guidelines for users. This ensures that no separate training is required for users to get started.
The capabilities of the tool are not limited to just editing images in PDF documents. You can edit text and even read, convert, and annotate the PDF file in a very eyes-friendly PDF reader. UPDF offers intuitive PDF page management features as well.
UPDF can also help you protect your files by applying password protection and other security restrictions. All of this makes UPDF an enterprise-grade PDF tool.
Here is a quick tutorial for you to edit PDF images with UPDF –
Step 1. Download UPDF and Open a PDF
The first step is to download and install the UPDF tool. The tool is supported on both Windows and Mac. Launch the UPDF tool on your system.
You will now see an "Open File" button on the main interface of UPDF. Click on this button and choose the PDF document on your computer to open it.
Step 2. Enter the Editing Mode
Once the file is open in UPDF, click on the "Edit Text & Images" button on the left sidebar. You will now be able to see all the PDF editing tools.
Step 3. Edit Image in PDF
If you wish to add an image to the PDF file, Click the "Add Image" icon and then select the image on your computer to insert.
If you wish to edit images in PDF, select the image to edit. To ensure that the image is indeed selected look for a purple borderline. This means you have selected the image.
You will now see various icons to edit the image.
Alternatively, you can right-click the image to see the image editing options.
You may now perform the edit action on the image. That's it! It is so simple to edit images in PDF using UPDF.
Video Tutorial on Editing Images in PDF
If you are looking to edit pdf images online, iLovePDF offers an easy-to-use online tool to do so. You may follow the below steps to edit PDF images online -
- Navigate to the iLovePDF online tool editor.
- Upload the PDF file that you wish to edit. You can also import a PDF file from Google Drive or Dropbox.
- From the toolbar select the 'Add image' option to add an image to the PDF file.
- To edit the image, select the image and drag the corners of the image.
- You can now hit the Edit PDF button.
- A wide range of options is presented. You can rotate the image or even change the transparency of the image. Resizing options are also available.
- After you have completed the editing action, you can save or download the PDF file.
Since most PDF documents today contain images, it is likely that you may have to edit images in PDF. Below are a few situations that require you to edit images in PDF documents -
- Flowcharts and diagrams are very common in PDF documents. However, in a fast-changing world, these diagrams may require some minor changes as well due to the change in a specific flow. In this case, you will need to replace an image in the PDF.
- To err is human. It is possible that an image in a PDF document is erroneously positioned incorrectly. You may require to rotate or reposition the image in such scenarios.
- Some PDF editors do not understand visual nuances very well. In such scenarios, they simply paste a picture into the PDF document without cropping out unnecessary elements of the image. In such situations, you will be required to crop the image and reflect only the necessary elements in the picture.
- As a PDF document goes through many reviews in an organization, it is possible that reviewers wish to eliminate an image from the PDF document or add a new image to the PDF document. Sometimes, it is required to copy an image from the PDF document for reusing it in another document. Therefore, basic clipboard actions on images in PDF documents are imperative.
Indeed, the ability to edit images in PDF documents has become a basic necessity for any knowledge worker. While a number of tools are available in the market, UPDF is the only industry-grade free PDF editor that enables you to edit PDF images easily and quickly. Online tools are not very fast and performant. UPDF overcomes these limitations by ensuring that even large PDF files can be worked through without any hassle.
- Simple Methods to Edit Link in PDF
- Top 10 PDF Link Editor
- Add Background
- Effortless Ways to Change PDF Background Color
- 3 Different Ways to Add PDF Background
- Simple Ways to Remove Background from PDF
- Add Link
- How UPDF Helps you Study from Home
- What are the Different Versions of PDF/A?
- Master the Art of the PDF with 10 Tips & Tricks for UPDF