Images bring documents to life. A document without images is often considered boring and hard to understand. After all, our minds are wired to understand visuals better than blobs of text. Most documents today are in PDF format because such documents can be viewed on any device and are difficult to edit. However, in many situations, you are required to edit images in PDF documents. With UPDF, you can edit PDF images as your need.
Part 1. Situations that You Should Edit Image in PDF
Since most PDF documents today contain images, it is likely that you may have to edit images in PDF. Below are a few situations that require you to edit images in PDF documents：
- Flowcharts and diagrams are very common in PDF documents. However, in a fast-changing world, these diagrams may require some minor changes as well due to the change in a specific flow. In this case, you will need to replace an image in the PDF.
- Making errors is inevitable. It is possible that an image in a PDF document is erroneously positioned. You may be required to rotate or reposition the image in such scenarios.
- Some PDF editors do not understand visual nuances very well. In such scenarios, they simply paste a picture into the PDF document without cropping out unnecessary elements of the image. In such situations, you will be required to crop the image and reflect only the necessary elements in the picture.
- As a PDF document goes through many reviews in an organization, it is possible that reviewers wish to eliminate an image from the PDF document or add a new image to the PDF document. Sometimes, it is required to copy an image from the PDF document for reusing it in another document. Therefore, basic clipboard actions on images in PDF documents are imperative.
- Some contents in the PDF image are wrong, you may need to update them.
Part 2. The Best Tool to Edit Images in PDF
If you are looking to edit images in PDF documents, UPDF is the best tool to rely on. UPDF is a modern, high-performance, and delightful PDF editor that has made editing PDF documents very seamless for both technical and non-technical users. The tool offers almost any action that you would like to perform on a PDF document.
It is extremely simple to edit images in PDF documents using UPDF. You can easily resize, reposition, replace, copy, and delete images in PDF documents. UPDF also allows you to crop an image in a PDF document. It may sound like using these features requires training. However, that is not true. UPDF is a delight for beginners and advanced users alike. The interface is very easy to understand and is full of in-product guidelines for users. This ensures that no separate training is required for users to get started.
The capabilities of the tool are not limited to just editing images in PDF documents. You can edit text and even read, convert, and annotate the PDF file. UPDF offers intuitive PDF page management features as well.
UPDF can also help you protect your PDF files by applying password protection and other security restrictions. All of this makes UPDF an enterprise-grade PDF tool.
Part 3. How to Edit PDF Images with UPDF (With Video Guide)
Here is a quick tutorial for you to edit PDF images with UPDF
Step 1. Download UPDF and Open a PDF
The first step is to download and install the UPDF tool. The tool is supported on both Windows and Mac. Launch the UPDF tool on your system.
You will now see an "Open File" button on the main interface of UPDF. Click on this button and choose the PDF document on your computer to open it.
Step 2. Enter the Editing Mode
Once the file is open in UPDF, click on the "Edit PDF" button on the left sidebar. You will now be able to see all the PDF editing tools.
Step 3. Edit Image on PDF Using UPDF
If you wish to edit images in PDF, select the "image" on the top menu to edit. You will now see various icons to edit the image by double-clicking on the image. Alternatively, you can right-click the image to see the image editing options. You can edit the PDF image size by dragging the margin points or you can change the image direction, crop the image, extract, remove and replace the image per your needs.
If you wish to add an image to the PDF file, Click the "Image" icon, click on the place where you want to add the image to, and then select the image on your computer to insert.
You may now perform the edit action on the image. That's it! It is so simple to edit images in PDF using UPDF.
Video Tutorial on Editing Images in PDF
Part 4. How to Edit PDF Image Text with UPDF?
Except that you can do any changes mentioned above, you can also edit PDF image text in the PDF using OCR features provided by UPDF. Here are the steps：
Step 1. Open UPDF
Double click on the UPDF icon on your computer to run it. Then, click "Open File" to upload the PDF with image text you want to change. Now the PDF file is opened in your UPDF.
Step 2. OCR PDF Image
Navigate to "Recognize Text Using OCR" and click on it. Select "Seachable PDF", choose document language, and finish other settings. Once done, click on "Perform OCR" and select the location to save the file. Click on "OK" and the OCR process will start.
Step 3. Edit PDF Image Text
When the process is finished, the PDF file that is OCRed will be opened in UPDF. Click on "Edit PDF" and double click on the text on the PDF image to change. Once done, tap on "Ctrl+s" to save the changes.
Part 5. How to Edit PDF Image Online Free with iLovePDF
If you are looking to edit pdf image online, iLovePDF offers an easy-to-use online tool to do so. You can follow the below steps to edit PDF images online:
- Navigate to the iLovePDF online tool editor.
- Upload the PDF file that you wish to edit. You can also import a PDF file from Google Drive or Dropbox.
- From the toolbar select the "Add image" option to add an image to the PDF file.
- To edit the image, select the image and drag the corners of the image.
- You can now hit the "Edit PDF" button.
- A wide range of options is presented. You can rotate the image or even change the transparency of the image. Resizing options are also available.
- After you have completed the editing action, you can save or download the PDF file.
Indeed, the ability to edit PDF image has become a basic necessity. While a number of tools are available in the market, UPDF is the only industry-grade PDF editor that enables you to edit PDF images and edit image texts easily and quickly. Although there are many online tools like ILovePDF, they are not very fast to use and has many limitations. UPDF overcomes these limitations by ensuring that even large PDF files can be worked through without any hassle.
- How to Combine Screenshots into One PDF? (Easy Ways)
- How to Translate PDF to Any Language with AI, Including ChatGPT
- Top 9 PDF Document Translators with AI
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today
- 4 Ways to Convert VSDX to PDF (With and Without Visio)
- How to Use ChatGPT Read PDF Files with 3 Ways
- Nitro Vs Foxit: Which One is Better?
- How to Transfer PDFs Between iPad/iPhone/Android and Windows/Mac?
- How to Fix Windows 10/11 Desktop Icons Missing After Restarting? (6 Effective Ways)
- Notion AI vs. ChatGPT, Which One is Better to Use?
- What is Notion AI and Everything You Need to Know about Notion AI
- How to Hide Icons on a Mac Desktop? (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How to Customize Mac Desktop? The Ultimate Guide (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How To Save PowerPoint as PDF with Notes
- 7 Methods to Turn a Slideshow into PDF