PDF is one of the best ways to share documents since you can open PDF files on any device. But as most people find out, you will find it is much harder to edit the text on the document. The reason is that there are very few tools that have the necessary features and tools to help you effectively edit the text on a PDF document.
Yet, there are some online tools that claim you can use them to edit your PDF. Here, we will look at whether or not it is possible to edit PDF text online and the alternatives that you have.
Can I Edit PDF Text Online for Free?
If you are in a bind and are looking for a simple way to make changes to the text on your PDF document, it is natural that the first place you look is online. While you may find a lot of online PDF tools that say they have the features to edit a PDF, many only allow you to add text or images to the document and cannot be used to edit existing text.
To change any aspect of existing text on a PDF document, you need a PDF editor like UPDF. UPDF in particular has a lot of features that can edit not just the text but also images and pages in ways that very few other solutions can.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
The following are some of the things you can do with UPDF that you may not with an online PDF editing tool;
- You can quite simply edit existing text on a PDF in ways an online tool cannot. UPDF allows you to add new text, remove existing text and even change the font style and font size.
- In the same way, you can add and remove images in the text and even crop, resize and move the images to a new section of the page.
- It is also one of the best ways to edit PDF pages. You can rotate, reorder, split and merge pages on the document with a flexibility that you are unlikely to find on any other document.
- UPDF also has advanced features such as document compression and document protection that can come in handy when managing and sharing PDF documents. How to Edit PDF Text Online
Most online PDF text editors will not help you edit the existing text on the document. But if you are looking to add new text, they can come in handy. They are also very simple to use; just follow these steps;
- Step 1: Use Google Chrome to search for and access of one the PDF editors you can use.
- Step 2: Access the tool's webpage and upload the PDF document that you want to edit. Once uploaded the file should open, allowing you to add text.
- Step 3: Follow the instructions to add new text to the file. Save the changes that you have made.
- Step 4: Then you can download the file to your computer or some tools will allow you to save it directly to Google Drive or Dropbox.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Editing Text in PDF File Online
The greatest advantage of using an online tool to edit the text on a PDF is that it can be very easily accessible and easy to use. Most of these tools can be accessed directly on the browser, you don’t need to download any software to your computer and they are often available for free.
But the disadvantages of choosing an online solution to edit the PDF far outnumber the advantages. They include the following;
- Online tools are unsafe since you don't have access to the server where you upload the file and therefore may not have control over who can access the data. There are also other questions of data safety when downloading the file back onto your device in the form of malware and viruses that may come from these servers.
- They can also limit the size of the PDF that you can upload and the number of pages that you can edit.
- When compared to offline solutions, online tools can be significantly slower.
- Most online solutions will only allow you to add new text and can't edit existing text in any way.
- They often don't come with additional features to help you manage the PDF.
How to Edit PDF Text Offline with UPDF
To comprehensively edit the text on a PDF document, we recommend using UPDF. This is a tool that is specifically designed to give you the freedom to edit all the text on the document and it is very easy to use.
Here’s how it works;
Edit Existing Text in PDF
Open UPDF on your computer and open the PDF document that you want to edit.
On the left panel, you will see a list of tools to help you manage the PDF document. Click on the "Edit PDF" option to gain access to further options.
To edit existing text, simply select the text you want to edit and type in new text or delete the existing content just as you would on a Word Processor.
Edit Text Style in PDF
Once you select the text, you will see a toolbox right below it, allowing you to change the font style, font size, alignment, and color.
Just click on the individual tool and make your selection based on the changes you would like to make.
Editing a PDF document without the right tool can be very difficult. Online solutions may have the appeal of being very easy to use and easily accessible, but they lack the tools you need to make any meaningful edits to the text. UPDF on the other hand simplifies the process of editing any PDF document while providing you with all the tools you need.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure