PDF files contain hyperlinks so that readers can access extra information or content through the web pages. This helps in reducing the word count effectively in PDF documents. However, if your attached hyperlink in the PDF does not function or open anymore, it's important to remove it instantly. In this article, we will explain how to remove hyperlinks from PDF easily in different scenarios with the cheap, but, professional PDF editor - UPDF.
Part 1. Why Do You Need to Remove Links from PDF Documents?
The question that arises with respect to the topic under discussion is why one would try removing the links from their PDF document. To brief the reasons, this part presents some potential scenarios that would help you understand why one would seek ways to remove embedded links from pdf.
- If you have added broken links to your PDF document, sending this document to another user would professionally be very lousy for you. It is best to remove such broken links so that the other user never gets into any inconvenience.
- Documents that have unnecessary links added to them might lead to annoying issues.
- Rather than redirecting someone to other links, it is important to remove them so that the reader can stay across the document that you want them to read.
Part 2. Why Choose UPDF to Remove Hyperlinks in PDF?
When you come to this article, you may feel very confused about why we recommend using UPDF to remove embedded links from PDF instead of other PDF editors like Adobe, Foxit, etc.
The most important reason is that it can help you remove links according to your requirements, like removing all links from one PDF, finding hidden links in one PDF and removing them, and removing different hyperlinks from a PDF at one time.
The second reason is that compared with Adobe and Foxit, UPDF is much easier to use with an instinctive interface. You do not need time to be familiar with the software to use it.
The third reason is that UPDF is very cheap. You only need to pay USD39.99 for a yearly license and USD59.99 for a lifetime license. Moreover, the one license you buy can be used for all platforms like Windows, Mac, Android, and iPhone.
Last but not least, UPDF offers many other features. Here are some key features you can enjoy.
- Open and read PDF files with multiple modes and great navigation. Play PDF with slideshow.
- Add comments and markups to PDF documents with various tools.
- Make edits (including adding new text, deleting text, modifying the existing text, or changing the formatting of the document).
- Add a link to PDF and edit the link properties easily.
- Compress PDF file size with ease.
- Share a PDF with others via link and email.
- Organize the pages in PDF smoothly.
- Convert your PDF files into other file formats, including Word, Excel, CSV, Text, RTF, HTML, XML, etc.
- The OCR feature allows you to turn scanned PDFs into searchable and editable ones.
Want to use UPDF to remove web and external links from PDF? You can follow the guide below for different cases. Choose the one way you need and remove hyperlinks from PDF directly.
Part 3. How to Remove a Hyperlink from a PDF?
For those who only want to remove one hyperlink or remove hyperlinks from a PDF one by one. Follow the below steps:
Step 1. Import PDF File
Launch the UPDF app, and click the "Open File" button that appears on the main interface of the app. This button launches an explorer from which you can select the PDF file into which you wish to remove links from PDF.
Step 2. Enter into Edit Mode
Now click on the "Edit PDF" button that appears on the left sidebar. We will use this section to remove links from PDFs.
Step 3. How Do I Remove the Link from PDF
Now select the link you want to remove, right-click and select "Delete" to remove the link.
Part 4: How to Remove Hidden Links in a PDF?
If all the links added to a PDF document are not visible when you read it and you wish to find these hidden links on your PDF document, consider using the following steps to learn more about the process:
- Step 1: Open a PDF document having hidden links in PDF with UPDF.
- Step 2: Proceed to the "Edit PDF" tab from the left panel. You can see all the links added to the PDF are displayed with a highlighted purple color.
Note: If you are in any other tab, you won't be able to see the links. For example, if you are in the "Reader" section of UPDF, the links won't be visible to you.
Part 5: How Do I Remove Multiple Hyperlinks From a PDF?
What if you have multiple hyperlinks added to your PDF document and want to remove them at one time? Whether you are a Windows or a Mac user, you can remove these links easily with the help of UPDF. Let's find out how you can do this:
- Step 1: Open your PDF document on UPDF and proceed to the "Edit PDF" tab from the left panel.
- Step 2: As you select the respective section, the links will become visible to you. You will have to select multiple hyperlinks by holding the "Ctrl" key for Windows and the "Command" key for Mac and selecting the links with your cursor.
- Step 3: Once selected, right-click on the selected links and proceed to the "Delete" option in the list that appears across the drop-down menu.
Part 6: How to Remove All Hyperlinks in PDF?
Sometimes, you may have one PDF file with many hyperlinks and you do not need any of them. For this case, you can simply remove all links from PDF with UPDF flatten feature. To know how you can proceed with it, look into the below-provided steps:
- Step 1: As you open the document on UPDF, you will have to access the "Save as Other" tab on the right toolbar. Select the option of "Save as Flatten…" in the drop-down menu.
- Step 2: On selecting the flattened mode, click "Save As" to conclude the process.
Part 7. FAQS About Removing Links from PDF
1. How to Remove Hyperlinks in PDF Online?
To remove Hyperlinks in PDF online, you need to choose one online PDF editor with a link editing feature. Take Sejda Online PDF Editor as an example. Visit its website via https://www.sejda.com/pdf-editor, click "Upload PDF file", click on "Links" on the top menu, find the link you want to delete, click on it, hit on "Delete Link" at the bottom of the pop-up window. Then, "Apply" the changes and save it.
2. How to Remove Hyperlinks from PDF Mac Via Preview?
To remove hyperlinks from PDF on Mac via Preview, you need to open PDF with links on Preview. Now, navigate to "Tools" > "Show Inspector" at the top menu. Then, click on the "Pencil" icon, select the links you want to delete, and hit the "delete" keyboard to delete it.
3. How to Remove Hyperlinks from PDF Via Adobe?
To remove hyperlinks from PDF on Adobe, you can open PDF on Adobe. Then, go to tools, find "Edit PDF" and click on it. Select "Links" at the top menu, and choose "Add/Edit Web or Document Links", right-click on the link you want to delete and select "Delete" to delete it.
4. How to Remove All Hyperlinks from PDF Via Adobe?
Adobe can also help you remove all Hyperlinks from PDFs. The steps are: Open PDF > "Tools" > "Edit PDF" > "Links", hit "Remove Web Links", and choose "All" to remove all hyperlinks from PDF on Adobe.
5. How to Remove Hyperlinks from PDF via Foxit?
If you are using Foxit, you can also remove hyperlinks from PDFs. Just open PDF with hyperlinks on Foxit. Just go to "Edit" > "Web Links" > "Remove All Links" to remove links from PDF.
Are you trying to remove hyperlinks from PDF? Make your work easier and simpler through this article as we have gathered all the related information about it. To provide you with convenience, we show detailed guides about how to delete links in PDF files effortlessly using UPDF, Preview, Adobe, and Foxit. But we recommend you use UPDF as it has too many advantages compared with other PDF editors. You can download the free version here to try it.
- How to Combine Screenshots into One PDF? (Easy Ways)
- How to Translate PDF to Any Language with AI, Including ChatGPT
- Top 9 PDF Document Translators with AI
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today
- 4 Ways to Convert VSDX to PDF (With and Without Visio)
- How to Use ChatGPT Read PDF Files with 3 Ways
- Nitro Vs Foxit: Which One is Better?
- How to Transfer PDFs Between iPad/iPhone/Android and Windows/Mac?
- How to Fix Windows 10/11 Desktop Icons Missing After Restarting? (6 Effective Ways)
- Notion AI vs. ChatGPT, Which One is Better to Use?
- What is Notion AI and Everything You Need to Know about Notion AI
- How to Hide Icons on a Mac Desktop? (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How to Customize Mac Desktop? The Ultimate Guide (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How To Save PowerPoint as PDF with Notes
- 7 Methods to Turn a Slideshow into PDF