PDF files contain hyperlinks so that readers can access extra information or content through the web pages. This helps in reducing the word count effectively in PDF documents. However, if your attached hyperlink in the PDF does not function or open anymore, it's important to remove it instantly. In this article, we will explain in detail some well-reputed PDF editors through which you can remove links from PDFs easily.
If you want to remove links from PDF, UPDF for Windows and Mac is one of the best PDF editor solutions on the market today. UPDF is fast software, that enables you to remove links from PDF format, and is easier to use. Also, UPDF is known for its industry-leading security and top-notch user experience.
If you are looking to remove links from a PDF, UPDF editor can help you with a few clicks. Follow the below steps to quickly remove links from a PDF:
Step 1. Import PDF File
Launch the UPDF app, and click the "Open File" button that appears on the main interface of the app. This button launches an explorer from which you can select the PDF file into which you wish to remove links from PDF.
Step 2. Enter into Edit Mode
Now click on the 'Edit' button that appears on the left sidebar. We will use this section to remove links from PDF.
Step 3. Remove the Link from PDF
Now select the link you want to remove, right-click and select "Delete" to remove the link.
With UPDF, you can:
- Open and view PDF files with multiple modes and great navigation
- Add comments and markups to PDF documents with various tools
- Make edits (including adding new text, deleting text, modifying the existing text, or changing the formatting of the document)
- Add a link to PDF and edit the link properties easily
- Compress PDF file size with ease
- - Share PDF with others via link and email
- - Organize the pages in PDF smoothly
- - Convert your PDF files into other file formats, including Word, Excel, CSV, Text, RTF, HTML, XML, etc.
- - The OCR feature allows you to turn scanned PDFs into searchable and editable ones.
All the links that are added to a PDF document are not visible if read generally on a PDF viewer. If you wish to find these hidden links on your PDF document, consider using the following steps to learn more about the process:
- Step 1: Open a PDF document having hidden links in PDF with UPDF.
- Step 2: Proceed to the "Edit PDF" tab from the left panel. You can see all the links that have been added to the PDF.
Note: If you are in any other tab, you won't be able to see the links. For example, if you are in the "Reader" section of UPDF, the links won't be visible to you.
What if you have multiple hyperlinks added to your PDF document? Even if you are a Windows or a Mac user, you can remove these links easily with the help of UPDF. Let's find out how you can do this:
Step 1: Open your PDF document on UPDF and proceed to the "Edit PDF" tab from the left panel.
Step 2: As you select the respective section, the links will become visible to you. You will have to select multiple hyperlinks by holding the "CTRL" key for Windows and the "Command" key for Mac and selecting the links with your cursor.
Step 3: Once selected, right-click on the selected links and proceed to the "Delete" option in the list that appears across the drop-down menu.
There is another impressive technique for getting rid of hyperlinks. With UPDF, you can simply flatten the PDF document if you want to save it without hyperlinks. To know how you can proceed with it across the PDF editing tool, look into the provided steps:
Step 1: As you open the document on UPDF, you will have to access the "Save as Other" tab on the right toolbar.
Step 2: Select the option of "Save as Flatten…" in the drop-down menu and specify the destination folder for the respective file. On selecting the destination, click "Save As" to conclude the process.
The question that arises with respect to the topic under discussion is why one would try removing the links from their PDF document. To brief the reasons, this part presents some potential scenarios that would help you understand why one would seek this option for their PDF documents.
- If you have added broken links in your PDF document, sending this document to another user would professionally be very lousy for you. It is best to remove such broken links so that the other user never gets into any inconvenience.
- Documents that have unnecessary links added to them might lead to plagiarism issues. Regardless of what the utility was for the links, they can still become a mess for the user.
- Rather than redirecting someone to other links, it is important to remove them so that the reader can stay across the document that you want them to read.
- Links might destroy the authenticity of your written content, which is a great monetary loss and damage your reputation as a professional.
Are you trying to remove links from PDF files? Make your work easier and simpler through this article as we have gathered all the related information in it. To provide you with convenience, we have explained the offline PDF tool UPDF through which you can delete all the links in the PDF files effortlessly.
- Como Cortar PDF em 2 Métodos Fáceis
- The Hidden Features of UPDF That You Don't Know
- Como imprimir PDF como livreto no Windows e Mac
- How to Create an Electronic Signature in PDF Flawlessly
- How to Modify a PDF Online Easily and Quickly
- How to Modify a PDF on Mac Effortlessly
- How to Save a Fillable PDF on Windows and Mac
- Top 5 Easy and Dominant Signature Makers
- How to Edit PDF Android – A Detailed Guide to UPDF
- Einfache 3 Methoden zum Entfernen von Links aus PDF