It is impossible to talk about a PDF Editor without Foxit Phantom PDF being a huge part of the conversation. It is one of the most prominent PDF editors in the market and among other things can help you view, edit, encrypt and share PDFs.
But Foxit Phantom PDF is an expensive product and perhaps only ideal for users seeking to manage a huge number of documents. If you want the professionalism of this tool without the price tag, the following 5 Foxit Phantom PDF alternatives should be a good fit for you.
5 Best Foxit Phantom PDF Alternatives
No tool on this list embodies the best alternative for Foxit Phantom PDF much like UPDF. It is a relatively new PDF editor to hit the market and although it is completely free to use, it comes with many of the features you will find on Foxit Phantom PDF and so much more. To begin with, UPDF is very easy to use, with a user interface that offers both functionality and comfort.
But since you are looking for a tool that you can use to create, edit and convert PDFs, you may be more interested in the features that make UPDF a more ideal solution. The following is a breakdown of these features:
- You can use UPDF to edit all aspects of your PDF document including adding and deleting texts, adding images, and modifying or rearranging the pages.
- It is also one of the best PDF readers in the market, allowing you to open any PDF document and annotate it as you read.
- It has an OCR function that will come in handy for editing scanned and image-rich PDFs.
- UPDF also comes with an abundance of PDF protection features, allowing you to add passwords and permissions designed to keep your PDF safe.
- It is also one of the few PDF editors that you can use to create and fill PDF forms
2. Sejda PDF Editor
One of the best things about choosing Sejda PDF Editor over Foxit Phantom PDF is the fact that you can choose to edit your documents online or offline. This is because Sejda has both online and offline options, both of which have all the functionalities you would need to create and edit PDF documents.
Another major advantage of choosing Sejda PDF Editor is the easy-to-use and very friendly interface. The program's editing interface has all the hallmarks of any document editing tool and looks and feels just like MS Word, allowing you to edit your document quickly and easily.
- It allows you to edit all aspects of the document including text, images, and pages
- You can also use it to create and fill PDF forms
- It is also a good PDF reader with powerful annotation features
- It has an OCR function for editing scanned PDFs
- The online tool may limit the number of pages that you can edit
- Some of its advanced features are only available on the premium version
Although little known, ApowerPDF is also a very good alternative to Foxit Phantom PDF. To begin with, it is a great PDF reader, allowing you to open and read any PDF of any size on your computer. But it also comes with several editing features that allow you to make changes to the PDF in several ways. You can add and remove text, change the font and color of the text, add images and even make changes to the general makeup of the document.
But if you are used to PDF editors with a simple "word-like" interface, you may find ApowerPDF a bit jarring in the beginning. But once you get used to the interface, it is a viable cheaper alternative to Foxit Phantom PDF that can be very useful.
- It has numerous editing features
- You can use it to read and annotate the PDFs as well
- It will also convert PDFs to a variety of other formats
- You can use it to create and fill PDF forms
- It lacks an OCR function
- The user interface is a bit outdated
4. Light PDF
If you want a competent PDF editor, but you don't want to install any programs on your computer, consider using Light PDF. This tool is available exclusively online, but unlike other online tools that are limited to a single function, this online PDF editor can do it all.
You can use it to convert PDFs to other formats, edit the text and images on the document, sign and protect the document and even extract text from the document. The user interface is arranged in a way that makes it easier for you to find what you are looking for.
- You don't have to download any programs onto your computer to use it
- It has various PDF editing features
- It has an OCR feature
- Like most online tools, there may be limits imposed on what you can do
5. Corel PDF Fusion
If you create PDFs from scratch, then one of the best tools for you is PDF Fusion by Corel. This tool is designed to enhance productivity and therefore also comes with additional tools to help you manage your PDF. You can edit both text and images on the document, merge numerous documents into one and even convert PDFs that you create into editable formats that you can save on your computer and open with any other program.
- It has numerous PDF editing functionalities
- It can be used to create PDFs
- It is also one of the best ways to convert PDFs to other formats
- Annotation features enhance productivity
- It may be a bit difficult for beginners to use
- At $56, the program is a bit pricey as compared to the other tools on this list
- Top 5 Most Powerful AI PDF Editors in 2023
- Top 10 Best Father's Day Gift Ideas 2023 for Every Type of Dad
- Foxit Reader Vs Adobe Reader: The Complete Comparison
- How to Find Word in PDF Documents
- Everything about GPT-5: Release Date, Rumors, Features, and More
- MacOS Sonoma: All You Want to Know
- PDF Expert Free Vs Paid: All You Need to Know
- 4 Best Ways to Convert HWP to PDF
- Adobe Reader Vs Adobe Acrobat: Head-to-Head Comparison
- Adobe Acrobat Standard Vs Pro: What Are Differences?
- iOS 17: Everything You Want to Know After WWDC 2023
- How to Combine Screenshots into One PDF? (Easy Ways)
- How to Translate PDF to Any Language with AI, Including ChatGPT
- Top 9 PDF Document Translators with AI
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today