When searching for PDF editors, the one thing you will notice is that most of them come in the form of desktop software. This can make it seem like you would not be able to sufficiently edit a PDF document unless you install a program on your computer. But this is far from the truth as there are numerous online solutions including Chrome PDF editors that can get the job done, just as well as any desktop solution.
In this article, we will look at 5 of the best Chrome PDF editor extensions that you can use to edit any PDF without the need to install any program on your computer.
Top 5 Chrome PDF Editors for You to Install
The following are some of the best Chrome Extensions PDF editor to choose from when you want to edit a PDF document. Important note: all the chrome PDF editors are only have part of the PDF editing features, for example, some extensions only support to split PDF, some extensions only support to merge PDFs. So if you just want to some specific PDF editing, then you can choose Chrome extensions PDF editor, but if you want to use a full PDF editing software, you will need to download an all-in-one PDF editor, such as UPDF editor.
1. PDFfiller Chrome PDF Editor Extension
PDFfiller is a good choice if you are looking for a simple and highly effective solution for editing PDF documents directly on our browser. Like all Chrome extensions, you will need to install it but once it is installed, you will only need to open the PDF to see all the editing options that you have.
One of the things we love so much about this tool is the Microsoft Word-like editor that makes editing the document so very easy. You can change the font style and size and even change the alignment of the paragraphs on the document.
- It offers you numerous ways to annotate text on the document
- Editing is made very easy by the simple user interface
- It is completely free to use
- You can add an image signature to the document
- Although it is free, you will need to sign up to download the edited document
2. PDF Merge
Some Chrome PDF editors are very specific and provide only a single type of service. One such tool is PDF Merge. This is the tool you should choose if your primary aim is to combine two or more PDF documents into a single file. One of its main benefits other than it is free is that it can work in the background.
It is also very easy to use. You just need to upload the document from your computer or Google Drive and click on the "Merge" button. Once the process is complete, you can choose to download the merged files or save them to Google Drive.
- It is free and very easy to use
- You don't even need to register for an account to use it
- It can work in the background
- Sometimes the resultant documents can appear jumbled up together and not merged neatly.
- It lacks additional PDF editing features
- It can't edit the text in PDF
3. Split PDF
If on the other hand, you have a very large PDF file that you would like to break apart into smaller pages, Split PDF is perhaps the most convenient solution. This tool provides a very convenient way to break up a PDF document into numerous smaller documents and it does so very conveniently.
It supports both Dropbox or Google Drive, allowing you to quickly upload your document and then save the split documents directly on to the drive. You also get the option to customize the split pages in numerous ways.
- It is a free extension
- You don't need to create an account to use it
- Allows you to use a more secure connection
- Sometimes it doesn't spit the PDF as intended
- It lacks any other PDF editing features
4. Print- Friendly & PDF
This very easy to use Chrome extension allows you to download any webpage as PDF. Once the PDF has been created, you can then use the simple editing tools to change the text size, remove images and even choose the page size you would like to save the PDF as.
- You can save any webpage you visit on your browser as PDF
- It has numerous features to help you edit the PDF
- You can also send the PDF to any email address
- You cannot a PDF document to edit
- It sometimes doesn't work
This very powerful Chrome extension can be used to do a lot of things with PDFs. It is the ultimate collaborative tool, allowing to annotate a PDF in numerous ways and share the document directly from the browser. The fact that it supports both Google Drive and Dropbox makes importing and exporting PDF files very easy.
While it does offer a lot of tools when it comes to annotation including highlighting, adding comments and underlining text, it lacks some of the more basic document editing capabilities. You may not be able to use it to add and remove the text or images on the document.
- It is available for free
- It is very easy to use
- You can annotate a PDF document in various ways
- It allows you to easily share and export the PDF
- Most of these features are only available on the paid plan
The All-in-one and Free PDF Editing Software for You
Like most online tools the Chrome extensions above can be very useful when you need to make minor changes to a PDF document. But you may find them lacking in various respects, especially when there is extensive work to be done on the document.
In this case, there is only one tool that may prove useful. This is UPDF, a free and feature-filled solution that allows you to edit any aspect of the PDF with ease. The following are some of the things you can do if you choose UPDF:
- You can read and view any PDF document with the additional option to annotate the document in a number of ways
- You can also edit the text and images on the document, even add new text and images. The editing experience is smooth like you are editing a Word document on MS Word.
- It allows you to easily organize the PDF pages on the document in numerous ways.
- You can add bookmarks to PDF documents while you are reading them.
- There are various annotation tools to help you add comments, stamps, text box, signature etc.
- Beautiful interface to fit young generations' new work philosophy.
- Most importantly, it is a real free PDF editor for Windows and Mac.
- UPDF User Guide for Android
- How UPDF Help Students Improve the Productivity of Reading PDF Books?
- How Teachers can Improve the Productivity of Reviewing PDF Papers?
- Most Common PDF File Errors and Solutions
- Add Watermark
- Add Link
- Add Bookmark
- Why Use PDF File Instead of Word, Excel, or PowerPoint Files
- Everything about 8 Types of PDF Standards
- 7 Methods to Add Watermark to PDF Rapidly