While creating the PDF file, the size of the graphics you always use matters. No matter how big or small, the pictures you are about to use in your documents need to be resized before putting them onto the PDF file.
Why resize images in PDF so important? Indeed, you don't want to have a PDF document in an ugly format. That's why it's more important to give the precise position of an object on your document. Most people don't give attention to unorganized documents.
In this article, we'll see the best PDF editor - UPDF to resize images in PDF.
How to Resize Image in PDF Step-by-Step
Resizing images using UPDF is pretty easy compared to other tools. The interface is so smooth that you don't have to find editing features in menus. The page management features save time while adding or resizing the images.
Here is how you can resize images in PDF using UPDF:
Step 1: Run UPDF and Open a PDF File
Open the application of UPDF on your respective devices. UPDF is available on Windows, macOS, Android and iOS.
After opening the UPDF on your devices, you'll see an "Open File" button. Click on the button and choose the PDF file from your device.
Step 2: Enter the Editing Mode
To enter the image editing mode, click on the "Edit PDF" icon on the left toolbar.
Step 3: Resize Photos in PDF
Now, select the image you want to resize on your PDF file. A purple border will appear on the image's edges as soon you click on the image. Drag the edges of the image to resize the image in PDF.
And if you want to crop the PDF image, you can click the "Crop Image" icon at the bottom of the image. Then select the wanted area that you want to crop the image. Or, you can set the height and width for the crop and click "OK" to resize.
Why UPDF is the Best Tool to Resize Images in PDF
There aren't many PDF tools available that offer image resizing in PDF. Those who got the features of PDF image resizing come with a high cost. Indeed you are looking for those tools that come within your budget range.
Don't worry about the budget at all. We've got a tool that can provide you the reasonable price features. You can use all of its features for a very cost-effective price. UPDF is one of the advanced PDF editors and converters right now.
We know it's new but getting users' attention frequently. UPDF has many advanced PDF solutions presented in Adobe Acrobat DC and other popular tools. But the difference between UPDF and other tools is that you can access every feature easily without spending time learning it.
Here are some primary features of UPDF that may enhance your work productivity:
- Fast PDF Editor: Edit your PDF files like a pro! UPDF gives you the environment to edit PDF text and images like MS Word.
- Robust PDF Annotator: You can add comments, notes, text boxes, highlights, shapes, etc. to PDF documents.
- PDF Page Organizer: Rotate, extract, replace, split, crop, insert, and delete pages in PDF documents.
- PDF Converter: It is an accurate PDF converter. You can convert PDF to Word, Images, Excel, PowerPoint, and other file formats.
Why Is It Important to Resize Images in PDF?
Resizing images in PDF documents is crucial, especially when using lots of pictures in your document. The final size of your document is entirely dependent on what you are inserting into your document. The bigger the size of the images, the heavier your document file will become.
That will be a problem if your page size limit exceeds 10MB. Just saying, 10MB is too much for a regular PDF page combination with colors and pictures. It's considered suboptimal and can affect document speed.
The above example is just the single one; many similar instances are available that show how important it is to resize images in PDF. Here are some examples of why you need to resize:
- The image size is so big that it does not fit your page format. Scaling too won't solve your problem here. If you do the scaling, the size of the image will put burdens on your entire document. That's why resize your image according to your PDF page or file requirement and then place it in your document.
- The other problem with adding a larger image to your document is that it does not fit the print format. That's a big question mark! Let's say you've inserted a horizontal image ratio. After finishing your work, you've decided to make a hard copy of that file. And you are about to print out your document with an A4 margin size (8.27 x 11.69). You'll receive a collapsed paper out of the printer.
- A too-small size can also be a problem for your documents. You've prepared your document for a small size/dimension, and suddenly, you are asked to present your documents in another size or dimension.
Well, these are the possible reasons or situations you may face while preparing a PDF document. That's why it's always essential to choose the best tools before facing different challenges.
FAQs about resizing images in PDF
1. How Do I Resize a PDF Image for Free?
Unfortunately, there are no completely free tools to resize images in PDF. But you can use UPDF to resize PDF images for free, but with a watermark. If you want to update to pro, it only takes US$39.99 for one year.
2. Can I Edit a Picture in PDF?
Of course, you can. UPDF is the best PDF editor tool to edit a picture. It can rotate, extract, crop, replace, and delete pictures in PDF.
3. How Do I Resize a PDF to a Specific Size?
You can resize a PDF to a specific size with UPDF. Below are the steps to resize a PDF to a specific size -
- Step 1: Launch the PDF file
- Step 2: Click on the "Crop Pages" button on the left menu
- Step 3: Tap the "Option" icon which is next to the pages
- Step 4: Resize PDF to the specific size
- Step 5: After down the resize, tap the "Crop" option to apply the resize.
The image size always matters when it comes to preparing a PDF document. It directly impacts your page's layout and the format style of the PDF. That's why it's always essential to resize images accurately. Download the most effective PDF editor - UPDF to resize images in PDF.
- Top 12 Best Cross-Platform Productivity Apps 2023 to Streamline Workflow Efficiency
- 20 Best Productivity Tips and Hacks to Improve Workflow in 2023
- Exploring GPT-4 and Comparing its Features with ChatGPT
- 5 Most Useful Tips to Help You Work Faster
- PDF vs Word Docx - What are the Key Differences?
- Apple Events of the Whole Year of 2023 - Everything We Know
- Everything We Know About WWDC 2023 So Far
- How to Make Time Go Faster at Work in 5 Ways
- Google Bard Vs. Bing ChatGPT: The Battle for AI Search Engine Supremacy
- Top 10 Ways to Improve Work Performance