In today's world of smartphones and quick pictures, it is obvious that pictures that you click make it into a PDF document. This could be for both professional and personal purposes. However, sometimes when you insert a picture into a PDF document, you may wish to cut the image from the PDF. This article explores three easy ways to cut images from PDFs. The best and most efficient way to cut pictures from PDFs is using UPDF.
Scenarios in Which You Need to Cut Image from PDF
There are many situations when you may need to cut an image from a PDF document. These could arise during your day-to-day work while dealing with images embedded in PDF documents. Below are a few situations that may require you to cut a picture from a PDF document.
- In many situations, we insert pictures taken from our phone cameras into a PDF document. For the sake of cropping out the corners of the image and focusing on the real content of the image, you may be required to cut the image from the PDF document.
- In cases when you need to reuse images, especially when you wish to focus or highlight specific parts of an image, you will be required to cut a picture from a PDF document. This is especially true in the case of medical, and science-related documents.
- When we are creating a PDF document with images, it is obvious that we would like the document to look aesthetically pleasing. This may require you to edit the image and cut an image from the PDF.
In all the above situations, you may want to know how to cut a picture from a PDF.
The Best Tool to Cut Images from PDF
The software marketplace is filled with PDF editors and tools. However, if you are looking for the best tool to cut images from PDF documents, UPDF for Windows and Mac is the software that you must try out.
UPDF is a high-quality PDF editing suite with rich picture editing options. Its delightful interface offers a seamless way to edit images in PDF. With just a few clicks one can cut pictures from PDF without the requirement of any kind of tool training. That's not all! You can also resize, reposition, copy and delete pictures from the PDF document in seconds.
It also allows you to read the entire PDF document in an eye-friendly interface. One can easily make text edits to a PDF document and convert the document into any of the popular file and image formats (JPG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, GIF).
The best part of it is that the software is very fast and lightweight, unlike other software. A beginner can also achieve all PDF editing actions with great ease. Users of UPDF have provided some great reviews and industry experts love the software due to its intuitive and simple interface.
Method 1: How to Cut Image from PDF
Let us now explore how to cut an image from a PDF document using the celebrated UPDF tool. You will be convinced by the end of the below tutorial that the tool is extremely intuitive and requires a minimal learning curve.
The steps to cut an image from a PDF using UPDF are as follows.
Step 1. Open the PDF Document
The first step is to install the UPDF tool on your system. The tool is readily available for Windows and Mac operating systems.
To kick start cutting an image from a PDF, you must launch the UPDF tool and open the PDF file you wish to cut images from. You can do so by clicking on the "Open File" button on the main interface of UPDF. You can select the PDF file you wish to open as shown in the below screenshot.
Step 2. Cut Image from PDF
Since you wish to edit the PDF images, you must click the "Edit PDF" option on the left toolbar. This option reveals the editing panel in the tool.
Spot the image in the PDF document. You will now proceed to cut this image from the PDF document. Select the image which you want to cut, it will appear six small tools. Select "Crop Image" to adjust the image.
You can also Right-click the image and select the "Crop Image" option. You can now easily cut the image from the PDF document.
The easiest way is to select a picture, there will be a purple frame, and there are eight small purple blocks in the outer circle, which can be adjusted and cropped arbitrarily. Try UPDF from the below download button.
Method 2: How to Cut a Portion of an Image from PDF
More often than not, you will wish to cut only a portion of an image from a PDF. UPDF allows you to do so within a few easy clicks. As detailed above, open the PDF document and enter the editing mode. Post this following the below steps.
Step 1. After entering the editing mode, select the image to cut by clicking it. You will see a purple-colored borderline which indicates that you have selected the image. You will spot several icons to edit the image. Select the "Crop" icon.
Step 2. You can now cut out the portion of the image that you are interested in. A screenshot from the tool is shown below.
Step 3. Alternatively, you can right-click the image and select "Crop". This will help you how to cut a portion of an image, you can set the width and height of the cut image. Also, feel it's useful? Try UPDF now!
Method 3: How to Cut Image from PDF Online
It is also important to note that you can cut images from PDFs online. This can be accomplished using an online tool. You can cut images from PDF online by following the below steps -
- Step 1: Go to Google and search "cut image online tool". Launch an online tool that you like within your browser.
- Step 2: Upload the PDF document you wish to cut an image from and enter the 'Editing' mode of the software.
- Step 3: Navigate to the image you wish to cut in the PDF document. Right-click on the Image and select the Cut option.
- Step 4: After cutting the image from PDF, download the changed PDF and save it.
Although using online tools is faster, there are some disadvantages of online tools that cannot be ignored:
- It must be connected to the Internet to be used, and it is not very friendly to people without Internet or poor signal.
- Online tools also need to transfer your files, which means your files may be seen by others, and the security is not good.
- If your network is not good, the stability of online tools will be very poor, and the experience will be very bad.
As you can see, the security and stability of online tools are not good. Dangerous if you are an important file. Spreading to online tools could expose secrets. We recommend that you choose a more secure offline tool. Offline means your documents are absolutely safe, UPDF is the best representation.
FAQs about Cutting Images from PDF
1. Can you cut images out of a PDF?
Of course. With an easy-to-use PDF editor like UPDF, you can easily cut images out of a PDF. You can refer to the above step-by-step guide.
2. Can you cut and paste an image from a PDF?
Yes, you can cut and paste an image from a PDF with UPDF, an all-in-one PDF editor. UPDF allows you to copy, cut and paste images in PDF, add, crop, rotate, replace, and extract images from PDF files.
3. Is there a way to extract images from a PDF?
There is a quick way to extract images from a PDF by using UPDF. It's a robust PDF editor that makes you extract and edit images effortlessly.
4. How do I extract images from PDF?
With UPDF - PDF editor, you need to open your PDF with UPDF and then click the "Edit" icon on the left toolbar and double-click the image you want to extract. Next, you can select the "Extract" icon and save the image in your local folder.
If you are looking for the best tool to cut images from PDF documents, you must look for a high-quality tool that does not hurt your pocket. While several software tools are available, it is important to pick the right tool that fits both of these requirements. UPDF is powerful editing software and is recommended by knowledge workers across various industries. The tool is great for beginners as well as advanced users. It is the perfect fit for both professional and personal needs. Therefore, UPDF is your one-stop answer to the question "how to cut an image in PDF".
- 3 Different Methods to Merge Images into PDF
- 2 Ways to Combine Images into PDF on Mac
- Top 5 Free PDF Editor Android in 2023
- The Best Tool to Convert Multiple JPG to PDF
- How to Merge PNG to PDF Using the Best PDF Combiner
- Como Cortar PDF em 2 Métodos Fáceis
- The Hidden Features of UPDF That You Don't Know
- How to Create an Electronic Signature in PDF Flawlessly
- How to Modify a PDF Online Easily and Quickly
- How to Modify a PDF on Mac Effortlessly