When you receive a PDF with images or insert a picture into a PDF accidentally, you may have requirements to cut images from PDF. However, different from in Word files, you cannot cut images from PDF directly. So how to cut images from PDF? To help figure out solutions. This article explores three easy ways to cut images from PDFs. Let's explore them one by one.
Method 1: How to Cut Image from PDF Using UPDF (Win and Mac)
The software marketplace is filled with PDF editors and tools. However, if you are looking for the best tool to cut images from PDF documents, UPDF for Windows and Mac is the software that you must try out.
UPDF is a high-quality edit PDF suite with rich picture editing options. Its delightful interface offers a seamless way to edit images in PDF. With just a few clicks one can cut pictures from PDF without the requirement of any kind of tool training. That's not all! You can also resize, reposition, copy and delete pictures from the PDF document in seconds.
It also allows you to read the entire PDF document in an eye-friendly interface. One can easily make text edits to a PDF document and convert the document into any of the popular file and image formats (JPG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, GIF).
The best part of it is that the software is very fast and lightweight, unlike other software. A beginner can also achieve all PDF editing actions with great ease. Users of UPDF have provided some great reviews and industry experts love the software due to its intuitive and simple interface.
Let us now explore how to cut an image from a PDF document using the celebrated UPDF tool. The steps to cut an image from a PDF using UPDF are as follows.
Step 1. Open the PDF Document
The first step is to install the UPDF tool on your system. The tool is readily available for Windows and Mac operating systems.
To kick start cutting an image from a PDF, you must launch the UPDF tool and open the PDF file you wish to cut images from. You can do so by clicking on the "Open File" button on the main interface of UPDF. You can select the PDF file you wish to open.
Step 2. How to Cut Picture from PDF
Since you wish to cut the PDF images, you must click the "Edit PDF" option on the left toolbar. This option reveals the editing panel in the tool.
Spot the image in the PDF document. You will now proceed to cut this image from the PDF document. Select the image which you want to cut, it will appear six small tools. Select "Delete Image" to cut the image.
You can also Right-click the image and select the "Delete Image" option. You can now easily cut the image from the PDF document.
Method 2: How to Cut a Portion of an Image from PDF Using UPDF (Win and Mac)
More often than not, you will wish to cut only a portion of an image from a PDF. UPDF allows you to do so within a few easy clicks. As detailed above, open the PDF document and enter the editing mode. Post this following the below steps.
Step 1. After entering the editing mode, select the image to cut by clicking it. You will see a purple-colored borderline which indicates that you have selected the image. You will spot several icons to edit the image. Select the "Crop Image" icon.
Step 2. You can now cut out the portion of the image that you are interested in. A screenshot from the tool is shown below.
Step 3. Alternatively, you can right-click the image and select "Crop Image". This will help you how to cut a portion of an image, you can set the width and height of the cut image. Also, feel it's useful? Try UPDF now!
Method 3: How to Cut Image from PDF Online
It is also important to note that you can cut images from PDFs online. This can be accomplished using an online tool. You can follow the below steps -
- Step 1: Go to Google and search "cut image online tool". Launch an online tool that you like within your browser.
- Step 2: Upload the PDF document you wish to cut an image from and enter the "Editing" mode of the software.
- Step 3: Navigate to the image you wish to cut in the PDF document. Right-click on the Image and select the "Cut" option.
- Step 4: After cutting the image from PDF, download the changed PDF and save it.
Although using online tools is faster, there are some disadvantages of online tools that cannot be ignored:
- It must be connected to the Internet to be used, and it is not very friendly to people without Internet or poor signal.
- Online tools also need to transfer your files, which means your files may be seen by others, and the security is not good.
- If your network is not good, the stability of online tools will be very poor, and the experience will be very bad.
As you can see, the security and stability of online tools are not good. Dangerous if you are an important file. Spreading to online tools could expose secrets. We recommend that you choose a more secure offline tool. Offline means your documents are absolutely safe, UPDF is the best representation.
FAQs about Cutting Images from PDF
1. Can you Cut Images Out of a PDF?
Of course. With an easy-to-use PDF editor like UPDF, you can easily cut images out of a PDF. You can refer to the above step-by-step guide.
2. Can you Cut and Paste an Image from a PDF?
Yes, you can cut and paste an image from a PDF with UPDF, an all-in-one PDF editor. UPDF allows you to copy, cut and paste images in PDFs, add, crop, rotate, replace, and extract images from PDF files.
3. Is there a way to Extract Images from a PDF?
There is a quick way to extract images from a PDF by using UPDF. It's a robust PDF editor that makes you extract and edit images effortlessly.
4. How Do I Extract Images from PDF?
With UPDF - PDF editor, you need to open your PDF with UPDF and then click the "Edit PDF" icon on the left toolbar and double-click the image you want to extract. Next, you can select the "Extract Image" icon and save the image in your local folder.
If you are looking for how to cut images from PDF documents, you must look for an effective and powerful way. While several software tools are available, it is important to pick the right tool that fits this requirement. UPDF is powerful editing software and is recommended by knowledge workers across various industries. The tool is great for beginners as well as advanced users. It is the perfect fit for both professional and personal needs. Therefore, UPDF is your one-stop answer to the question "how to cut an image in PDF".
- How to Use ChatGPT Read PDF Files with 3 Ways
- Nitro Vs Foxit: Which One is Better?
- How to Transfer PDFs Between iPad/iPhone/Android and Windows/Mac?
- How to Fix Windows 10/11 Desktop Icons Missing After Restarting? (6 Effective Ways)
- Notion AI vs. ChatGPT, Which One is Better to Use?
- What is Notion AI and Everything You Need to Know about Notion AI
- How to Hide Icons on a Mac Desktop? (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How to Customize Mac Desktop? The Ultimate Guide (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How To Save PowerPoint as PDF with Notes
- 7 Methods to Turn a Slideshow into PDF
- How to Password Protect PowerPoint: Restrict Editing/Printing/Accessing
- 4 New Ways to Edit PDFs on Chromebook
- How to Make A Fillable PDF in Google Docs
- Top 4 PowerPoint Alternatives in 2023
- How to Create a Poster in PowerPoint