Want to fix the mirrored PDF documents? It is an essential task for professionals who tend to have essential documents placed on their PCs or laptops. One can mirror an entire PDF file or just some parts of it as per the requirement. To do this, you will need appropriate software like UPDF. You can download it through the below button for a trial.
What is a Mirrored PDF File?
A mirrored PDF file is a PDF file with a wrong page direction. When you are printing your PDF document, and you find that the file is with the wrong page direction, you will feel so frustrated.
When Do You Require to Mirror a PDF?
1. Scan Paper Documents
For example, when you scan your paper document, you find that the scanned PDF document is mirrored. In this situation, you have to fix it. Usually, there are two ways to fix the mirrored PDF file.
- Way 1. Scan the document again.
- Way 2. Use a PDF editor to fix it.
Scanning the file again requires more time and it takes a lot of time if there are a lot of documents. To mirror a PDF file using a PDF editor is more beneficial than using another method. One of the chief reasons is that it saves your time and increases efficiency vastly.
2. Archive Professional Documents
There are instances when you need to archive and organize PDF documents and manage them, whether you are a businessman, a high-ranking official, or a data mining expert. Although there are several ways to fix the mirrored issue, the best way is to flip the page before archiving it.
Problems in Mirroring a PDF
You can face numerous issues while mirroring a PDF file. Some of them are discussed below:
1. Mirror the Page without Rasterizing the Document
The easiest method is to print from the PDF machine with Postscript mirroring. To fix this problem, you need to select the correct layout when you print it and you also need to double-check the PDF file before you finally click the print option.
2. Incomplete Printing of the Document (with Mirror Images)
To overcome this issue, change the settings on the driver so that you can flip the print. Another solution relates to the changes made to the print settings to get a mirror image PDF file.
The Best Tool to Mirror a PDF
One of the handiest software on the market that is quick and efficient in mirroring PDF files is UPDF for Windows and Mac. It is a user-friendly PDF editing tool that offers a variety of features, including reading, editing, OCR, converting, organizing, and annotating PDF files.
It is beneficial for most users as it reduces eye strain and offers easy navigation through multiple pages. The Slideshow feature also renders a different viewing experience.
You can also use extensive annotation tools, specifically to highlight, underline and strikethrough text. You can also add shapes, text boxes, sticky notes, and other PDF elements.
The editing tools let you add text, edit text, change font, font size, etc. To edit an image, click on it and use the various tools to structure it accordingly. The software also comes with an easy-to-use interface with helpful guidelines.
Pros of UPDF:
- Fast opening and running speed, high-efficient operations
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android
- Rich and powerful features (edit, annotate, convert, OCR, organize, sign, protect PDFs, etc.)
- Secure and easy to use
- Stable performance
- Delightful interface design
- Affordable price
How to Mirror a PDF Page
With a simple 3-step procedure, you can mirror a PDF using the latest UPDF. If you haven't installed UPDF, please download UPDF from the below button first.
Step 1: Open a PDF
Press the "Open File" button on the editor's main screen. Choose the PDF document on the screen to open it.
Step 2: Click the "Organize Page" Option
Press the "Organize Page" option from the toolbar section. This will show the page management interface.
Step 3: How to Mirror PDF Pages
You can now mirror the pages of your PDF file. Just click the "Rotate Counterclockwise" or "Rotate Clockwise" button.
- To mirror one page, you can click to select the page first, and click the "Rotate Counterclockwise" or "Rotate Clockwise" button.
- It also allows you to mirror the entire PDF. You need to press the "Ctrl + A" option on your keyboard to select all the pages first (You can click the "Select Pages" option on the top-left corner.), and click the "Rotate Counterclockwise" or "Rotate Clockwise" button.
Alternatively, if you are in the reader mode or the edit mode, you can simply right-click on the page, and choose the "Rotate Clockwise" or the "Rotate Counterclockwise" options to mirror the PDF page successfully.
How to Mirror a PDF Image
To mirror a PDF image file, follow the steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Enter the Editing mode
Open the PDF file and press the "Edit PDF" button on the left sidebar.
Step 2: How Do I Mirror an Image File in the PDF
When you select the image, you will see a purple border. Several icons can be seen to edit the image. You can select the "Rotate Clockwise" or the "Rotate Counterclockwise" icon.
Alternatively, you can rotate the image using the mouse's right-click button.
That's so easy to rotate images in PDF with UPDF. It can also help you edit PDF images, such as resizing, cropping, and replacing. If you also think so, you can download UPDF through the below button for a trial.
How to Mirror PDF Files When Printing?
UPDF also allows you to mirror PDF pages when printing. To do this, click the "File" option on the top left and then select the" Print" option.
For Mac Users:
Then click the "Show Details" button to start setting page layouts.
In the pop-up window, you can select "Layout" and then choose Layout Direction to mirror PDF pages. What's more, you can select the option of "Reverse page orientation" or "Flip horizontally" to mirror PDF pages.
For Windows Users:
If you are a Windows user, after you go to "File > Print", you can see the "Orientation" option. You can choose from "Landscape" and "Portrait" to mirror your PDF while printing. You will get the result you need.
You can also learn detailed steps on how to print a PDF document here.
FAQs on Mirroring a PDF
1. Can I Mirror a PDF?
Yes. You can mirror a PDF file easily using UPDF. Follow the steps below:
- Open your PDF file in the program.
- Go to the page management mode by clicking the "Organize Pages" icon on the left.
- Select the pages and click "Rotate Clockwise" or "Rotate Counterclockwise" to mirror your PDF.
2. How Do I Flip a PDF on Windows 10?
To flip a PDF on Windows 10, you need to use software that is compatible with Windows 10 system. UPDF is fully compatible with Windows 10 and will perform a perfect result to flip a PDF.
3. How can I Mirror a PDF Online?
There are many online tools available to help you mirror PDF files online for free. However, it may cause security issues to your document if you upload your file to the website. It is better to use desktop software like UPDF to help you.
4. How Do I Mirror a PDF in Adobe?
You can mirror a PDF in Adobe Acrobat. Go to "Tools" and then choose "Organize Pages". Select the PDF file to open, and click the rotate icon on the right toolbar.
However, Adobe Acrobat is very expensive ($239.88 per year) and many users are now using a more cost-effective alternative - UPDF. With a cheaper price and you will get the same feature. Check the detailed comparison between Adobe Acrobat and UPDF.
Mirroring a PDF file has not been as easy as with UPDF. The software accounts for various features that you can use for modifying PDF files. Some of them include editing PDFs and images by editing, resizing, repositioning, replacing, and cropping. It also provides easy-to-use guidelines so that you don't have to waste your time.
- Top 12 Best Cross-Platform Productivity Apps 2023 to Streamline Workflow Efficiency
- 20 Best Productivity Tips and Hacks to Improve Workflow in 2023
- Exploring GPT-4 and Comparing its Features with ChatGPT
- 5 Most Useful Tips to Help You Work Faster
- PDF vs Word Docx - What are the Key Differences?
- Apple Events of the Whole Year of 2023 - Everything We Know
- Everything We Know About WWDC 2023 So Far
- How to Make Time Go Faster at Work in 5 Ways
- Google Bard Vs. Bing ChatGPT: The Battle for AI Search Engine Supremacy
- Top 10 Ways to Improve Work Performance