PDF is a great way to save and share documents. But as you may be well aware, once the PDF document has been created it can be difficult to edit various aspects of the document. There are a lot of tools in the market that may allow you to make minor changes to the text and even images in the document. But what if there is a whole section of the document that you would like to remove?
This is where cropping a PDF can come in handy. When you can crop a PDF, you can easily send a section of the document to someone else. Here, we will share with you the various tools that you can use to crop a PDF. The first and the best tool to crop PDFs is UPDF, as it is the most reliable, complete, and cost-effective PDF solution.
- Method 1: How to Crop PDF with UPDF
- Method 2: How to Crop PDF with Adobe Acrobat
- Comparison of the Two Methods for Cropping UPDF
- FAQs about Cropping PDF Pages
- Knowledge: Different Ways to Crop a PDF
How to Crop PDF with UPDF
Cropping a PDF document can be a complicated process that may cause you to alter the document in ways you didn't anticipate. So, the best solution to crop PDFs in the ways discussed above is a tool that simplifies the process as much as possible, allowing you to make changes quickly and without destroying other aspects of the document.
There is only one tool that has all the features you need to crop a PDF quickly and easily. This is UPDF, an easy-to-use PDF editor that can be used to create and edit PDF documents in every way imaginable, including cropping the PDF.
The following are some of the reasons to choose UPDF over other solutions:
- It has a very simple and beautiful user interface that makes all functions on the editor easily accessible and all functions uncomplicated.
- You can use it to edit both images and text on the document.
- It will also allow you to rearrange, crop, split, rotate, extract, replace, delete and even add new pages to the document.
Below are the steps on how to crop a PDF with UPDF:
Step 1. Open a PDF and Click the "Crop" Icon
Drag your PDF document into the UPDF interface. And then click the "Crop Pages" icon from the left toolbar.
Step 2. Settings for Cropping a PDF
Now you can see all the tools for cropping PDF pages. You can use your mouse the adjust the page area for cropping.
Alternatively, you can click the "Option" grey icon to reveal more options.
Then you can set the margin controls and cropped page size according to your needs. And there is also an option to enable constrain proportions and if you need to use it, remember to toggle it to on.
Step 3. Crop a PDF
After you finish the settings, you can click the "Crop" button on the top right corner to crop the current page.
If you want to apply changes to all pages, you can click the "Apply Changes" button in the top left corner. Select the pages you want to apply changes and toggle it to on. It will apply your settings to the pages you selected.
How to Crop PDF with Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat is another solution that you can use to crop PDF documents. It is one of the most expensive solutions in the market that will give you a way to crop a PDF, giving you a lot of freedom when it comes to creating and editing PDFs. By choosing this way, you have to purchase the Pro version ($179.88/Yr) or the Standard version ($155.88/Yr) of Acrobat, which is really expensive.
Here are two ways you can crop a PDF with Adobe Acrobat:
Use the Crop Tool to Crop a Page
- Step 1: Open the PDF document that you want to crop and then click on "Tools > Edit PDF."
- Step 2: Click "Crop Pages" in the secondary toolbar.
- Step 3: Then draw a triangle on the page that you want to crop. You can drag the corners of the rectangle to incorporate the size you want.
- Step 4: Double-click inside this cropping triangle and the "Set Page Boxes" dialogue box will open, showing the margin measurements of the cropping rectangle and the page to be cropped. If everything is as you need it to be, click "OK."
- Step 5: If you want to apply the settings to additional pages, select the page range or click "All" to apply to the whole document. Then, click "OK" to crop the pages.
How to Remove White Margins
To use cropping tools to remove white margins in Adobe Acrobat, follow these simple steps;
- Step 1: Open the document and then click "Tools > Print Production"
- Step 2: Select "Set Page Boxes"
- Step 3: Select "Remove White Margins" under "Margin Controls" and set the page range under
Comparison of the Two Methods for Cropping UPDF
(One purchase, all platforms)
|Pro(Windows & Mac): $179.88/Yr|
|Crop PDF Pages||Yes||Yes|
|Edit Text and Images in PDF||Yes||Yes|
|Easy to Use||4.9||3.9|
When you compare the pricing between Acrobat and UPDF, you will find that Acrobat is very expensive that we can't afford, and UPDF is a much more cost-effective choice. What's more, UPDF has the same feature to let you crop PDF pages, and it even has an advanced OCR feature. And UPDF is very easy-to-use with super high performance. So what are you waiting for? Try UPDF now!
FAQs about Cropping PDF Pages
Can I Crop PDF Online with iLovePDF?
No. You can't crop a PDF online with iLovePDF. It doesn't have the cropping PDF feature so far.
There are many people who search for "crop pdf I love pdf" on Google, however, the fact is that iLovePDF doesn't have the feature to crop a PDF. This is really a pity for users who love to use iLovePDF. Many online solutions tend to be limited in the cropping options that they can provide.
But don't worry, UPDF has covered you up and you can crop PDF pages with it easily. Compared to iLovepdf, UPDF is more stable as it is an offline solution with high performance. UPDF is an all-in-one PDF solution, and it allows users to read, annotate, convert, protect, and organize pages in PDFs.
Can I Crop a PDF Online?
Yes. There are some online tools to help you crop a PDF. However, using an online service have so many drawbacks, for example, it is not stable, you have to connect to the internet, there are limits to the file size, and it might not safe to upload the file to the internet, etc. The best option is to use UPDF, which is very stable, and there are no limits to the file size. It also supports multiple platforms and you can deal with PDF documents anywhere any time. Don't wait, and start to use UPDF right now!
Knowledge: Different Ways to Crop a PDF
Cropping a PDF can be so much more than just trimming the pages on the document and adjusting the margins. The following are some of the other ways that cropping can help you edit the document;
- Adjust the Page Size
You can use cropping to trim the white margins on the PDF document to create consistency and uniformity in the page sizes. In the same way, cropping can also help you create different-sized pages, depending on the content.
- Creating New Compositions
If you would like to change the orientation of the document, cropping tools can be a good way to do it. For instance, you can rotate the PDF into a vertical format, more consistent with official documents, or crop it into a landscape format that may be more compatible with a PowerPoint presentation.
Conclusion: Why UPDF is the Best Way to Crop a PDF File
As you can see from the options above very few tools will give you numerous options when it comes to cropping your PDF document. Most will only allow you to use cropping tools to trim the margins and even the ones that work like Adobe Acrobat can be difficult to use.
If you want a PDF editor that is easy to use and has numerous different features to make as many edits as you want UPDF is the only solution. You can use UPDF even if you have never used a PDF editor before and it is intuitive to use.
- When compared with desktop tools, UPDF is the most cost-effective option with high performance.
- When compared with online tools, UPDF is the most stable and safe option, as you will encounter internet instability issues and security issues when you upload your documents to online websites.
Download UPDF below and try the powerful features delightfully!
- How to Fill in a PDF Form in 3 Methods
- Top 6 Super-Easy PDF Form Fillers on Mac
- How to Create a Fillable PDF on Mac
- How to Fill Out a 1099 Form - Miscellaneous Income
- How to Fill out a W-4 Form- Employee's Withholding Certificate
- How to Create a Fillable PDF in 3 Methods
- Top 50 Happy New Year 2023 Wishes, Greetings, and Messages
- How to Fill Out a PDF Form on Mac in 3 Methods
- How to Create a Fillable Form in Word
- Top 10 Fillable PDF Creators You Can't Miss