PDF is a great way to save and share documents. But as you may be well aware, once the PDF document has been created it can be difficult to edit various aspects of the document. There are a lot of tools in the market that may allow you to make minor changes to the text and even images to the document. But what if there is a whole section of the document that you would like to remove?
This is where cropping a PDF can come in handy. When you can crop a PDF, you can easily send a section of the document to someone else. Here, we will share with you the various tools that you can use to crop a PDF. The best and the only free desktop tool to crop PDFs is UPDF.
- Different Ways to Crop a PDF
- Method 1: How to Crop PDF with UPDF for Windows and Mac
- Method 2: How to Crop PDF with Adobe Acrobat
- Method 3: How to Crop PDF Online with Sejda
- Can I Crop a PDF with iLovePDF?
Different Ways to Crop a PDF
Cropping a PDF can be so much more than just trimming the pages on the document and adjusting the margins. The following are some of the other ways that cropping can help you edit the document;
- Adjust the Page Size
You can use cropping to trim the white margins on the PDF document to create consistency and uniformity in the page sizes. In the same way, cropping can also help you create different-sized pages, depending on the content.
- Creating New Compositions
If you would like to change the orientation of the document, cropping tools can be a good way to do it. For instance, you can rotate the PDF into a vertical format, more consistent with official documents, or crop it into a landscape format that may be more compatible with a PowerPoint presentation.
How to Crop PDF with UPDF for Windows and Mac
Cropping a PDF document can be a complicated process that may cause you to alter the document in ways you didn't anticipate. So, the best solution to crop PDFs in the ways discussed above is a tool that simplifies the process as much as possible, allowing you to make changes quickly and without destroying other aspects of the document.
There is only one tool that has all the features you need to crop a PDF quickly and easily. This is UPDF, a free and easy-to-use PDF editor that can be used to create and edit PDF documents in every way imaginable, including cropping the PDF.
The following are some of the reasons to choose UPDF over other solutions:
- It is a PDF editor that is completely free to use. All features are free and you will never have to pay for them.
- It has a very simple user interface that makes all functions on the editor easily accessible and all functions uncomplicated.
- You can use it to edit both images and text on the document.
- It will also allow you to rearrange, delete and even add new pages to the document.
How to Crop PDF with Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat is another great solution that you can use to crop PDF documents. It is one of the only solutions in the market that will give you several ways to crop a PDF, giving you a lot of freedom when it comes to creating and editing PDFs.
Here are two ways you can crop a PDF with Adobe Acrobat:
- Use the Crop Tool to Crop a Page
Step 1: Open the PDF document that you want to crop and then click on "Tools > Edit PDF."
Step 2: Click "Crop Pages" in the secondary toolbar.
Step 3: Then draw a triangle on the page that you want to crop. You can drag the corners of the rectangle to incorporate the size you want.
Step 4: Double-click inside this cropping triangle and the "Set Page Boxes" dialogue box will open, showing the margin measurements of the cropping rectangle and the page to be cropped. If everything is as you need it to be, click "OK."
Step 5: If you want to apply the settings to additional pages, select the page range or click "All" to apply to the whole document. Then, click "OK" to crop the pages.
- How to Remove White Margins
To use cropping tools to remove white margins in Adobe Acrobat, follow these simple steps;
Step 1: Open the document and then click "Tools > Print Production"
Step 2: Select "Set Page Boxes"
Step 3: Select "Remove White Margins" under "Margin Controls" and set the page range under
How to Crop PDF with Sejda
Sejda is a PDF editor that also has cropping features that you can use to make significant changes to a PDF document. It has both online and desktop solutions which are very useful for editing all aspects of the document. If you choose to use the online solution, you don't have to worry about the safety of the document as Sejda will automatically delete all files after 2 hours.
Here's a step-by-step guide to show you how to use Sejda to crop a PDF document;
- Step 1: Go to the Sejda official website and click on "Upload PDF Files" to add the file that you want to crop. The program also gives you the option to import files from Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive.
- Step 2: Once the document has been uploaded, you should see three different cropping options including "Automatic", "Automatic maximum crop" and "preview pages & select." Choose a cropping option based on what you'd like to do.
- Step 3: Sejda will crop the margins of the pages based on your selection and when the process is complete, you will have the option to download the cropped document.
Can I Crop PDF with iLovePDF?
No. You can't crop a PDF with iLovePDF. It doesn't have the cropping PDF feature so far.
There are many people who search for "crop pdf i love pdf" on Google, however, the fact is that iLovePDF doesn't have the feature to crop a PDF. This is really a pity for users who love to use iLovePDF. Many online solutions tend to be limited in the cropping options that they can provide.
As you can see from the options above very few tools will give you numerous options when it comes to cropping your PDF document. Most will only allow you to use cropping tools to trim the margins and even the ones that work like Adobe Acrobat can be difficult to use.
If you want a PDF editor that is easy to use and has numerous different features to make as many edits as you want UPDF is the only solution. You can use UPDF even if you have never used a PDF editor before and it is completely free to use. You will not need to pay for any of the features, regardless of the number of edits you make.
- Top 5 PDFsam Alternatives
- How to Merge PDFs with iLovePDF
- How to Combine PDF Files on Mac in 5 Ways
- How to Combine PDFs in Preview
- How to Split PDF in 4 Ways
- How to Change PDF Password in 2 Ways
- Top 9 PDF Encryption Software for Windows and Mac
- How to Remove Password from PDF in 4 Ways
- Top 5 PDF Unlockers and How to Unlock PDF