Despite the fact that PDF is one of the best formats for sharing documents, it is best used when the document is complete and the receiver only needs to read it. It can be tough to make changes to a PDF document. However, editing is an important part of the writing process, and you will need to alter a component of your PDF document at some time. This is where freeware PDF editors come in handy. To make your choice easier, we have compiled a selection of the most convenient freeware PDF editors that are perfect for editing documents.
The List of Top 5 Freeware PDF Editors
UPDF is more than simply a PDF viewer or reader. UPDF is one of the best freeware PDF editors for Mac and Windows. Say goodbye to complicated software and hello to UPDF which is simple to use. In just a few clicks, you can edit, merge, convert, compress, sign, and safeguard your documents.
You can quickly convert multiple files with the UPDF batch tool. Avoid re-typing by transforming scanned documents or images into editable PDFs in just a few clicks. UPDF safeguards your information with low-cost security solutions. Protect files with a password or set rights, convert PDFs to other file types, or use the PDF format to archive your data.
UPDF is a comprehensive tool for working with PDF documents. Any PDF file can be created, edited, converted, shared, and protected with it. We can produce any document directly in the app or from Word, Excel, or PowerPoint files. We can change the text, upload images and graphics, and chop out parts of them when editing. You can convert it to Word, Excel, HTML, or make an image if you need to convert it to another format.
- Create, modify or remove text in your PDF.
- Insert, stamp, whiteout & highlight paragraphs.
- Split files into single pages or individual PDFs.
- Protection and electronic signatures
- OCR tool that converts scanned PDFs into editable text.
- Sign PDF with digital signature and hand-written signature
- Create and Fill PDF forms
- Print PDF document
If you're looking for a freeware PDF editor that can handle not only PDFs but also other graphics and animations, go no further than Inkscape. For the Windows operating system, It is, so far, one of the best freeware PDF editors we have come across. You can remove and add texts, images, and links as well. With Inkscape, you can also split the pages of the document, annotate, add comments, and do a lot more.
Not only can you add and remove text from PDF files with Inkscape, but you can also create additional graphical elements within each of your PDF documents. You can use several scripting plugins for additional features and capabilities, depending on your PDF-editing needs, in addition to regular text editing.
Pros of Inkscape:
- You can edit every part of your PDF document.
- Scripting tools can give you added functionalities.
- You can save the PDF and PNG file
- Doesn't take much storage space.
- Sometimes it lags and crashes.
- It is a little unintuitive and slow.
- Doesn't come with many PDF editing tools.
- It could be a little complicated to use.
LibreOffice is a popular freeware PDF editor for both personal and corporate use. LibreOffice is simple, simple, and intuitive to use, making it ideal for anyone who is new to PDF editing or advanced computer software. As soon as you download and install LibreOffice to your hard drive, you may begin editing PDF files.
LibreOffice is, without a doubt, one of the most well-known and widely used PDF editors accessible today. LibreOffice is not only simple to use and simply built for non-technical users, but it also runs on a variety of platforms. LibreOffice is presently available for download and installation on all Windows, macOS, and Linux systems, giving you the most freedom possible for any PDF-editing project or work.
- Open a variety of PDF files and documents with ease.
- Create and/or update PDF documents with your own personalized digital signature.
- Manage the number of pages your PDF document has by adding or removing pages while working in LibreOffice.
- Add sections for images as well as text anywhere inside of a properly loaded PDF document.
- It is not easy to load large or more extensive PDF files with LibreOffice.
- LibreOffice may freeze and/or crash upon attempting to load larger files and/or PDF projects.
- LibreOffice is limited in the features and functionality it provides.
- Provide limited functionality.
4. PDFescape Freeware PDF Editor
PDFescape is a freeware PDF editor that allows you to edit PDF files up to 100 pages in length. You won't be able to edit the text or image, but you will be able to add your own. It contains a powerful text tool, as well as the ability to draw on the PDF, redact information, add sticky notes, and so on.
You can also edit the PDF by adding, deleting, rotating, reorganizing, and cropping pages. You have the option of uploading your PDF, using the internet link or creating your own PDF. You don't even need a user account to edit and download the PDF file. Its website is compatible with all operating systems, but its desktop version is only available for Windows 7 and newer, and it is not free.
- Intuitively designed with a great UI or user interface.
- Simple and straightforward.
- Optimal for those who are new to using PDF files or editing PDF documents on their own.
- Delete and/or crop PDF pages.
- Split and merge PDF pages, which is ideal for shortening files and optimizing PDF documents.
- You can't edit existing texts
- Limits the size of PDF and length of its pages.
5. Smallpdf Online Freeware PDF Editor
Smallpdf is a fast open-source PDF editor that lets you add text, images, signatures, and shapes to your PDF. You can use your computer, Google Drive, or Dropbox to upload the file. You can't change the typefaces in its text toolbox, but you can modify the font size and color.
You can also use your PDF to extract pages. After you've finished editing the PDF, you can save it to your computer or to your Dropbox account. You can also share the PDF download link with others, but it will only be valid for two weeks.
- Free of cost.
- You can add text.
- It allows you to import images.
- You can load and save PDFs from various sources.
- You can't edit existing text.
- You can only edit two PDFs per day.
We have reviewed the best PDF editing programs. Before choosing a tool, you need to determine the requirements. For sure, it should be a freeware PDF editing program that has at least basic functions: text editing, adding pictures, and rotating/moving pages. The chosen tool should be simple and clear. It is desirable that the files are processed without loss of quality. If you deal with electronic documentation on a daily basis and have no time to study, look towards the best freeware PDF editor like UPDF. This is one of the most effective tools for converting PDF files from one format to another, allowing for easy editing.
- How UPDF Help you Enjoy Reading PDF Books
- Share PDF
- Annotate PDF
- How UPDF Help Students Improve the Productivity of Reading PDF Books?
- How Teachers can Improve the Productivity of Reviewing PDF Papers?
- Most Common PDF File Errors and Solutions
- Add Watermark
- Add Link
- Add Bookmark
- Why Use PDF File Instead of Word, Excel, or PowerPoint Files