Foxit PDF editor is a favorite of many Windows users. It offers a fluid - if somewhat outdated - interface but it contains all the essential features you'd expect from a premium PDF editor. Some users complain about the price point and the inadequacy of the features offered in the Foxit editor free trial version, but even a lot of Foxit PDF Editor Standard and Pro users are constantly looking for better alternatives. What if we told you that the best alternative to the Foxit PDF editor - is UPDF, which is actually free to use? Interested? Read on!
Part 1. A Full Introduction of Foxit PDF Editor
Foxit is one of the best brands in PDF solutions. There are many products developed by Foxit, including:
- Foxit PDF Editor - Foxit's main product with complete PDF features.
- Foxit eSign - It is an eSign tool from Foxit.
- Foxit Reader - It is the free PDF reader from Foxit, which has features to read and annotate, but no advanced features like edit.
- Foxit Smart Redact - It is a plugin to Foxit PDF Editor to help you redact sensitive information in PDFs.
Foxit PDF Editor Features
The following are the main features of Foxit PDF Editor:
- Create PDF documents.
- Fill and sign PDF documents.
- Edit, annotate, and manage PDF documents.
- Export PDF to other formats.
- Protect the access to PDF documents.
- OCR scanned documents.
Foxit PDF Editor Pricing
Foxit PDF Editor has three plans: Foxit PDF Editor, Foxit PDF Editor Pro, and Foxit PDF Editor Pro +. The prices are different.
|Foxit PDF Editor||$79/Year|
|Foxit PDF Editor Pro||$99/Year|
|Foxit PDF Editor Pro +||$149/Year|
Part 2. The Free and Last Foxit PDF Editor Alternative You Will Ever Need
UPDF is a comprehensive PDF editor designed to compete with the top premium PDF editors available on the market today. As a free utility, it is upending the PDF editor market because it offers the same kind of versatility, power, speed, and accuracy that premium PDF editors promise. Moreover, it's faster than most other desktop PDF tools and has an intuitive interface that makes navigation easy.
- A Full Range of PDF Editing Tools - Edit text and images in a PDF file.
- Quickly Adding Text and Image: It allows you to add text and images by dragging and dropping.
- Extensive Annotation Tools - Comment on PDF, markup content, add feedback notes, draw shapes or insert preset shapes, add sticky notes, text boxes, etc.
- Organize PDFs - Control your workflows with tools to merge, split, and perform other file actions - PDF pages can be replaced, rotated, reordered, extracted, copied, deleted, or inserted.
- Share PDF - You can share PDF with others online via a link.
- Print PDF - Quickly print PDF files in multiple types.
- Convert PDF - You can convert PDF documents into other file formats.
- Encrypt PDF - It is easy to put passwords on PDF with UPDF
Part 3. How to Edit PDF with Foxit PDF Editor Alternative
Step 1: Enter Editing Mode
In the left menu bar on top, click the "Edit" tab to go into editing mode
You will be able to see an editing toolbar appear after you're in this mode.
Step 2: Edit Text in PDF
Click a text block to see the purple border outlining it - you can now edit the text easily as you are editing a Word document. You can delete, add, backspace, copy, or modify text in PDF.
Step 3: Add Text to PDF
You can add text to PDF using the "Add Text" icon in the editing toolbar.
Click on it and bring your mouse to where the text should appear and click there. Type in the text required, and change the parameters in the editing toolbar
Step 4: Edit an Image in PDF
The images can be edited too. Select an image, after which you will see several editing options - crop replace, extract, rotate, etc. Choose one of the editing options and complete the process.
Why is UPDF a Better Alternative to Foxit PDF Editor
We've already seen a very good reason for UPDF being the best Foxit editor alternative - the pricing. What else makes UDPF a better bet? Here's a brief list of the advantages of using UPDF for all your PDF editing needs.
- User-friendly Interface - UPDF offers a slick and modern interface, while Foxit retains the old-world Windows application look and feel. It's nice to navigate because it's familiar, but it can be confusing for new users looking for specific features.
- Feature Richness - A lot of advanced features offered by UPDF are absent in Foxit, such as advanced multilingual OCR. UPDF closely follows the feature list of more premium tools such as Acrobat Pro DC.
- Full PDF Toolkit for Mac Users - Foxit PDF editor for Mac doesn't have a Pro version, and even the standard version lacks a lot of key features such as importing and exporting bookmarks, a batch process for watermarks, headers, etc., and so on.
These are just a few reasons why it's better to opt for UPDF as the perfect alternative to the Foxit PDF editor or any other premium editor. Once you start using UPDF, you'll see how the smooth process flows and easy operational steps keep you glued to the product. That's why we call it the last Foxit editor alternative you'll ever need.
The ability to fully control your PDF workflows requires exactly zero dollars and zero cents. With UPDF installed on your Windows and Mac computers, you have easy access to some of the most common as well as advanced PDF features.
- Top 10 JPG to PDF Converters You Can't Miss in 2023
- Top 5 PNG to PDF Converters
- The Most Reliable and Best Note Taking App for iPad in 2023
- The Best Book Annotation Tool – Maximize Your Readability with UPDF
- Simple Methods to Convert GIF to PDF
- The Terrific Method to Convert TIFF to PDF
- How to Convert JPG to PDF with the Best Method
- How to Convert BMP to PDF in Terrific Way
- How to Convert PNG to PDF with High Quality Easily
- Free Printable and Editable Daily Planner Templates