Do you use Adobe Acrobat to add text in PDF? Adobe Acrobat is used for creating PDF files and viewing and editing them. It comes in three versions: Reader (free), Standard (US$155.88), and Pro (US$239.88).
However, various types of PDF files can be downloaded over the internet or sent via email:
- Static PDF: View-only files that allow you to see content but cannot be edited or printed without permission from the author
- Dynamic (interactive) PDF: Allows certain elements to be filled in by the reader; can also permit printing or editing permissions
- Portfolio dynamic PDFs: Documents consisting of multiple files; can include both interactive features and static images
Whatever type of document you're working with, chances are it will need some text boxes!
Why Does One Need to Add a Text Box in a PDF File?
There are a lot of reasons to add text boxes to your PDF files. Here are a few:
- Clearly label important parts of a document if you're sending it to someone else.
- Add information without going through the hassle of editing the original document.
- Make it easy to update documents.
- Use text boxes as placeholders for images or other objects (especially in a template).
- Create fillable forms that can be saved and sent online.
Is There Any Alternative to Adobe Acrobat for Adding Text?
Adding text to a PDF is such an often-needed function that many programs are available. To add a text box in PDF, you can turn to Adobe Acrobat. It's the most common way to edit PDFs because it's a powerful tool and easy to use. However, it also means that Adobe Acrobat is not cheap. In addition, you can't use it on your mobile devices directly.
If you don't want to spend so much money or work on the go, then finding an alternative to Adobe Acrobat for adding a text box in PDF should be a wise choice for you. Here we introduce one of the best alternatives -- UPDF Editor.
What is the UPDF Editor and What are its Features?
We're always looking for new ways to save time, but it's easy to get overwhelmed by all the options. With the UPDF PDF editor, you can stop wasting time searching for the right PDF editor. It's a one-stop shop for everything you need to edit PDFs quickly and efficiently!
UPDF is designed with usability in mind: not only can you use it on any device, but it also has intuitive controls that make it easy to use right off the bat. You'll be editing PDFs like a pro in no time! Ultimately, the UPDF PDF editor is a program that you can use to edit, convert, and sign your PDFs all in one place.
- Add text directly to your PDF content, and you can also add text comments to your document by highlighting text.
- Edit and modify the existing texts in a PDF document, just like you are editing in a Word document.
- Read PDF in multiple modes to give you the best experience, and you can add bookmarks to PDF.
- Organize PDF pages easily by rotating, extracting, and deleting pages easily.
- Add annotations to PDF documents, including highlight texts, stamps, free-hand drawings, shapes, etc.
How to Add Text to PDF in Adobe Acrobat Alternative – UPDF
If you want to add text to PDF make the text a part of your PDF document. You need to follow these steps:
Step 1. Open a PDF document by clicking the "Open File" button on the main interface of UPDF and then click "Edit PDF" to enter editing mode.
Step 2. There is a "Text" on the editing toolbar. Tap the "Text" and then click your mouse to where you would like to add the text. Create a text box to add the text.
Step 3. If you want to add text to the current paragraph, simply click that paragraph and you will see there is a purple borderline which means you can edit the paragraph. You can simply add any text to the paragraph now.
How to Add a Text Box on a PDF as a Comment?
Some people wish to add a text box to PDF as a markup. Then you should follow the following steps:
Step 1. Click the "Comment" option after you open your PDF document. As the text box option is under the markup toolbars.
Step 2. When you see the whole markup tools, you need to click the "Text Box" with a box which means text box.
Step 3. Now write whatever you want here in the text editing box. Also, you can format the text to your liking, so it's easy to customize your font and font size, as well as colors, styles, and more.
And that's how easy it is to add a text box in PDF using the powerful UPDF editor!
What are the Drawbacks of Using Adobe Acrobat to Add Text Box?
One of the biggest reasons for the popularity of PDFs is its versatility. A single PDF file can be viewed on any platform, including Windows and Mac. Further, it can also be viewed on iOS and Android devices, making it one of the most versatile file formats available. And if you want a solution to add a text box in PDF, Adobe Acrobat is not your best bet.
However, Acrobat comes with some major drawbacks:
- Expensive monthly subscription
- No cloud-based solution
- It does not offer collaboration features
- No integration with other tools such as Office 365 or SharePoint
- No mobile support
Other drawbacks of using Adobe Acrobat are:
- Slow and sluggish performance.
- It does not have powerful security features such as 256-bit AES encryption or password protection.
- It does not support newer file formats such as MS Word 2007/2010 .docx documents or MS Excel 2007/2010 .xlsx spreadsheets.
- It does not offer automation features that allow you to automate the process and save time when adding a text box in bulk PDF files.
- No customization option allows you to customize your stamps and annotations before adding them to your document.
Adobe Acrobat is a popular program for working with PDFs. It's also very expensive and time-consuming to use. When you need to edit, convert, or sign a PDF quickly and easily, what do you do? Easy, use the UPDF editor! It is the best alternative to Adobe Acrobat.
When it comes to PDF editing, there are a lot of options out there—but none of them come close to UPDF. UPDF is cleaner, faster, and easier to use than Acrobat can even hope to be. Try it today for yourself!
Frequently Asked Questions on PDF Editing Softwares
Q: Can I Add Text Boxes in Adobe Acrobat?
A: Yes, you can. But using Adobe Acrobat is too complex. If you follow the steps using UPDF we described above, it will be easy and done in 3 minutes.
Q: How Do I Add Text to a PDF in Adobe Acrobat?
A: Click the "Add Text" button and click on the page where you want to add text. Enter the text, then click outside of the box to save your changes.
Q: How Do I Edit an Existing PDF?
A: Click on a section of text you want to edit and enter your changes using the keyboard. To adjust fonts or formatting, use the options in the bottom left corner of the screen.
Q: Can I Edit Any PDF if I am not Tech Savvy?
A: Yes, you can. You don't have to be a tech expert to edit PDFs with UPDF.
If you have used Adobe Acrobat to add a text box to PDF, you should know how difficult it is to operate these steps in Adobe Acrobat. Adobe Acrobat's interface is very outdated, resulting in many users can not find what they need where the function keys. Adobe Acrobat's alternative UPDF is completely free of such problems, if you are a novice can easily get started, with no need to learn.
- How to Combine Screenshots into One PDF? (Easy Ways)
- How to Translate PDF to Any Language with AI, Including ChatGPT
- Top 9 PDF Document Translators with AI
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today
- 4 Ways to Convert VSDX to PDF (With and Without Visio)
- How to Use ChatGPT Read PDF Files with 3 Ways
- Nitro Vs Foxit: Which One is Better?
- How to Transfer PDFs Between iPad/iPhone/Android and Windows/Mac?
- How to Fix Windows 10/11 Desktop Icons Missing After Restarting? (6 Effective Ways)
- Notion AI vs. ChatGPT, Which One is Better to Use?
- What is Notion AI and Everything You Need to Know about Notion AI
- How to Hide Icons on a Mac Desktop? (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How to Customize Mac Desktop? The Ultimate Guide (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How To Save PowerPoint as PDF with Notes
- 7 Methods to Turn a Slideshow into PDF