Can you add text in Adobe Reader? No, Adobe Reader doesn't support adding text in PDF. Whether you're looking for a free alternative to Adobe Reader or want a more advanced tool, many PDF editors can be used as an alternative. These tools allow you to add, delete and edit the text in a PDF file. Get started with this overview of one of the most popular alternatives available online. Read till the end for some bonus tips too on using Adobe!
UPDF is the best alternative to Adobe Reader. It has all the capabilities of Adobe Reader and is more user-friendly. It is a totally free PDF editor for Windows and Mac.
- UPDF is a free and safe PDF editing tool.
- It is very easy to use and has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for beginners to create, edit and extract PDF files.
- Also, UPDF's editing functions are very comprehensive, covering most everyday needs such as text and images, graphics, links, etc. You can easily edit your PDF files with UPDF.
- You can make annotations to PDF documents with multiple markup tools.
- Managing PDF pages is an easy task for UPDF and you can organize your PDF with ease.
Click on the "Edit" button after you open the PDF document. This makes it easy to get into the editing mode and access all the editing toolbar's functions.
2. Add Text to PDF
After doing step 1, you are shown the editing toolbar. In the toolbar, you'll see a "+ Text" icon. It lets you add text. Click on it, then move the cursor to where you want to add text. It will help you add a text box. You can enter the desired text in this space now. You can add text with unique features, such as fonts, colors, etc.
After you click the Text button on Step 1, you will be in editing mode. Click the text you want to edit, and you will see the purple border around it. Now you can change the text and images on the document. The editor's interface is like working on a Word document: smooth, fast, and easy. You can make a text look the way you want it to by changing the font, font size, bold, italic, color, etc.
With UPDF, you can edit images on PDF too. To begin this, you need to select the image. And then, you can rotate, crop, extract and replace the image.
The main drawback of Adobe Reader is that it will only open and annotate PDF files. You can write on PDF in Adobe Reader. This means you can't use it to open other types of files, like Word files or PowerPoint presentations. If you receive a file in any other format, you need to use another program to open it. Other drawbacks of Adobe Reader are:
- -Not many features
- -It is complicated to use
- -Only allows you to read PDFs; you cannot edit them
- -Can be slow to load
Here are some general and essential tips for using Adobe Reader to perform basic tasks and provide you with some guidelines to help you get started.
Before you begin your editing, make sure that the document is a PDF file! If it is not a PDF, you will not be able to edit it in Adobe.
The next step is to open the file in Adobe. The best way to do this is to use the File menu at the top left-hand corner of your screen. You can also use the keyboard shortcut CTRL+O for Windows or CMD+O for Mac. Once your file is open, you can move on to editing!
The next step is to select the text you would like to edit by holding down your left mouse button or trackpad and dragging across the text to highlight it.
Don't forget about navigating the interface
Before starting any PDF editing, take a minute to familiarize yourself with the Adobe Acrobat editing environment. At the top of your screen, you should see a toolbar with several icons and buttons. These will allow you to perform basic actions like saving your file and printing your document.
You can also view your PDF in different modes. Just click on the "View" tab to select between some options: single page, continuous scrolling, and thumbnail views. You can also zoom in and out here to get a better look at any part of your file.
If you need to navigate through the pages of your PDF, there are some handy shortcuts at the bottom of your screen: the first button allows you to go back one page, while the last button will move forward one page.
As you can tell, editing on Adobe Reader is complicated. That's why we recommend using the UPDF editor.
The UPDF editor is a free PDF editor that allows you to make changes to your text without spending a cent or spending days trying to figure out how to make the font smaller in Adobe Reader. With it, you can:
- -add text anywhere on the page
- -change the font and size of existing text
- -change the color of existing text
- -add your signature (and save it for later)
- -fill out forms and checkboxes right in the document
Try UPDF today!
- Simple Methods to Edit Link in PDF
- Top 10 PDF Link Editor
- Add Background
- Effortless Ways to Change PDF Background Color
- 3 Different Ways to Add PDF Background
- Simple Ways to Remove Background from PDF
- Add Link
- How UPDF Helps you Study from Home
- What are the Different Versions of PDF/A?
- Master the Art of the PDF with 10 Tips & Tricks for UPDF