In the office & productivity category, PDFsam is characterized as a 'free and open source desktop program to split, merge, extract pages, rotate and mix PDF files.' To PDFsam, there are more than a hundred alternatives available for a wide range of operating systems and browsers. However, we will only review the top 5 PDFsam alternatives in this article.
- Part 1. PDFsam Features, Pricings, and Comparison
- Part 2. Top 5 Best PDFsam Alternative
- Part 3. FAQs about PDFsam
There are three versions of PDFsam:
- PDFsam Basic
- PDFsam Enhanced
- PDFsam Visual
The three PDFsam versions have different features, and here we will introduce each of them. Rather than one cohesive application, PDFsam appears to be a smattering of discrete tools connected by a similar user interface. This may appear to be a drawback, but it really serves as a benefit since it keeps the software's many components concentrated and free of unnecessary alternatives.
|PDFsam Basic||PDFsam Enhanced||PDFsam Visual|
|Price||Free||$69 for Standard|
$89 for Pro
$129 for Pro +OCR Advanced
$59 for Perpetual
|Features||Merge, Split, Extract from PDF, Rotate, Mix||Edit, Insert, Convert, Review, Forms, Security, OCR||Compress, Organize Pages, Split by Text, Crop, Protect, PDF to Text|
No matter the tool you choose, it should be evident how to perform the work at hand due to the user-friendly design.
Pros of PDFsam
- It's an intuitive software that offers many features to help you create, edit, encrypt, decrypt, rotate or sign PDF documents easily.
- You can choose from 3 versions – Basic/Visual/Enhanced experience which will satisfy your unique requirements.
- Offers a Basic free version and supports Windows, macOS, Linux, etc.
Cons of PDFsam
- PDFsam Enhanced is not available for Mac and Linux. You will have to go for PDFsam Visual.
The following are the top 5 PDFsam alternatives:
UPDF is an excellent PDF editor if you want the same functionality as PDFsam. Using UPDF is a no-brainer because it's free. In UPDF, you'll be able to access all of the advanced features of premium tools.
UPDF offers a variety of useful features, including the ability to read PDF files, edit PDF text and images, convert PDF documents, rearrange PDF pages, add notes, and more.
- Reading is a simple task because of UPDF's fast-processing speed.
- Multiple markup tools allow for quick annotations. You can use it to add notes, text boxes, highlights, stamps, signatures, etc.
- As a PDF editor, you can change all of the texts in PDF documents. The images in PDF documents may be rotated, extracted, replaced, and cropped quickly too.
- UPDF is also a PDF converter, and you can use it to help you convert your PDF documents to other formats easily.
- Adding passwords to PDFs is easy and you can protect your files with an open password or permissions password.
- Easy and simple to use.
- Fast, reliable, and secure
- UPDF, in contrast to other productivity programs, features a stunning, refined, and approachable user interface.
- ● For the Mac version, it offers a free version to use. You can save one PDF file per day. The Windows version is completely free now.
Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android.
2. PDF Studio Pro
PDF Studio Pro is a good alternative to PDFsam, but it lacks some of the more advanced features of UPDF. Many PDF-related capabilities are available to aid in the preparation of business documents, though.
This PDF editor is great since it is also compatible with Linux. That's correct, as you may have guessed. As far as we know, this is the only PDF editor available for Linux. It is possible to edit and convert PDF files for a reasonable price using PDF Studio, which offers a wide range of useful capabilities.
- Interactive Form Designer
- OCR (Text Recognition)
- Inline text content editing with reflow
- Permanent Redaction
- Compare PDFs
- Optimize PDFs
- Digitally Sign PDFs
- PDF Studio has all the professional features you need.
- Excellent response from the company's side
- An easy-to-use user interface
- Even while PDF Studio's user interface is straightforward, it lacks aesthetic appeal. That's an old software design.
- Windows, macOS, and Linux
- $139.00 USD
We've also included CutePDF, a cloud-based PDF editor that's easy to use. Don't go by the name of it! It's more than just adorable. It offers all the features that a high-end piece of PDF software should have. However, using it comes at a cost.
Because of its newest features, CutePDF is putting up a solid fight against its rivals. Despite PDFsam dominance, there are other less expensive alternatives. One of these is CutePDF.
- Worked well with either my personal PDF reader or the system's
- The content of a page can be changed.
- Combine many interactive PDF Forms into a single PDF Form.
- Add a tool to reduce the size of files (in the File menu)
- Add a PDF Document with Hierarchical Bookmarks.
- Type text anywhere on a PDF document with the Typewriter tool.
- It gives you the option to view your files online at any time and from any location.
- Adding and rotating pages is simple.
- At the same time, you can manage many PDFs.
- After conversion, the layout is inadequate.
- Free and paid to start from $49.95
Icecream PDF Editor is a lightweight yet highly effective piece of software for producing and modifying PDF documents. Editing modes, annotating, managing, and filling are its core focus. In addition, Icecream PDF is a full-featured office suite that lets you edit, make comments, and safeguard your documents. It is one of the best choices for replacing PDFsam.
- Edit any text in a PDF document with ease. Manage pages
- Visually combine and reorder PDF pages, and split and merge PDF files. Edit objects
- Edit PDF objects: move, resize, rotate, etc.
- Easily create PDF documents from scratch. Protect PDF
- Set password or limit editing/copying rights for document protection purposes. Fill in forms
- Complete in-built forms in your PDF documents.
- An easy-to-use interface
- Flexibility in a fast-paced environment
- For personal usage, this is the best option.
- A lot of work has to be done in the format part
- Free and paid ($49.95)
There are several features and advantages of using SodaPDF instead of PDFsam. It makes it simple to generate, modify, sign, and distribute PDF files. It also has an OCR tool built-in, so you can create PDFs from scanned documents.
The SodaPDF free trial allows you to test out the program's capabilities before deciding whether or not you want to purchase it.
- Merge. PDF Merge Mobile Application.
- Create PDF Documents.
- Format Painter.
- Gain full editing control over any PDF document.
- Reduce the size of any PDF without affecting file quality.
- Safe and secure
- Limited features
- Windows, Online
- Free and paid ($48/year)
Anyone who wants to combine, split, extract pages, or rotate PDF documents will find PDFsam to be the ideal option. Businesses and individuals on a tight budget will appreciate the fact that it's completely free and open-source. PDFsam makes it simple to achieve the precise results you want from your PDF files with a range of configuration choices.
To merge PDF files, for example, you may pick complete documents or portions of them to merge. Tables of contents, page size normalization, and the addition of blank pages are all options. PDF files may be split in a variety of ways using PDFsam Basic. At long last, there is a way to rotate your file without having to combine many pages first!
No. PDFsam Basic is free and open source and works on Windows, Mac, and Linux. But PDFsam Enhanced and PDFsam Visual are not free and you need to purchase them to use.
Not only is PDFsam safe to use, but all of the PDFsam versions, including Visual and Enhanced, are safe to use, as well
No, PDFsam has no online version. You will have to download it on your operating system to edit your PDF files. For the PDFsam download option, you can visit their website.
Yes. PDFsam works offline, and you need to download it to use. Privacy has become an increasingly important issue in today's digital world and PDFsam is here to help with its offline mode that keeps your PDF files safe and secure on your PC.
In conclusion, PDFsam is a good PDF software, but it has several drawbacks and if you are searching for an alternative, UPDF is your best choice. It enables users to read, annotate, convert, edit, and protect PDF documents.
- Top 5 PDFsam Alternatives
- How to Merge PDFs with iLovePDF
- How to Combine PDF Files on Mac in 5 Ways
- How to Combine PDFs in Preview
- How to Split PDF in 4 Ways
- How to Change PDF Password in 2 Ways
- Top 9 PDF Encryption Software for Windows and Mac
- How to Remove Password from PDF in 4 Ways
- Top 5 PDF Unlockers and How to Unlock PDF
- How to Merge PDF with Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader