PDF files, especially fillable forms or documents, are widely shared over the internet. However, while generating a PDF file, you might have noticed that a PDF file is based on multiple layers. It is where the need to flatten a PDF occurs in order to organize your data on a single layer to limit user interaction. PDF is also flattened to secure the data on the file so that no one can alter it.
This article will cover how to efficiently flatten PDFs in Adobe Acrobat, along with a user-friendly and robust alternative to flatten PDF files on the go.
- Part 1. Can You Flatten a PDF with Adobe Reader?
- Part 2. How Can I flatten a PDF with Adobe Acrobat DC?
- Part 3. How to Flatten a PDF with UPDF (Best Acrobat Alternative)
Can You Flatten a PDF with Adobe Reader?
No. Adobe Reader is a free version designed to handle the basic functions a user requires daily. The feature to flatten a PDF is not available on it as it is not a premium version of Adobe DC. The premium features to manage the PDF are only available in the paid version, such as Adobe Acrobat DC or Adobe Acrobat DC Pro.
To introduce Adobe Reader to DC to you more clearly, the following are some of the features that are offered across Adobe Reader:
- You can view and read PDF files of any size with a smooth experience.
- It allows you to print PDFs with custom settings.
- You can share PDFs with your friends or colleagues through email, along with the comments on the PDF file.
How can I flatten a PDF with Adobe Acrobat DC?
Adobe Acrobat DC is a paid version that offers excellent tools and features to manage and organize your PDF files completely. Besides flattening a PDF file, it provides many other features such as the organization of pages, compression of PDF, addition of audio and video files in a PDF, high standard protection, and the ability to scan the PDF. Follow the below-mentioned steps to learn how to efficiently use Adobe Acrobat flatten PDF tool to flatten a PDF file:
Step 1: Select the "Print Production" Tool
Install Adobe Acrobat DC on your Mac or Windows and launch the software. From the "Tool" tab, scroll down or search for the feature "Print Production" from the search bar. Follow it up by clicking the "Add" button to import the PDF file on Acrobat DC.
Step 2: Use the "Flattener Preview" Tool
After adding your PDF, tap on the "Flattener Preview" option from the right side of the panel. It will open up the Flattener Preview window with options to enter the number of pages manually, or you can also select the option of current pages or all pages along with the resolution of the flattened PDF file.
Step 3: Flatten a PDF with Adobe Acrobat
After setting the page range, click the "Apply" option to apply the changes to the PDF file. Furthermore, click "Yes" on the pop-up dialog box. Next, select the location for the flattened PDF file and save it.
How to Flatten a PDF with the Best Acrobat Alternative
UPDF is a versatile and best PDF editor that offers all the premium features ranging from editing to converting, merging, and compressing PDF files without compromising the quality. With its powerful software and simple step process, users can quickly edit and apply the changes to the PDF files. UPDF is also available for Mac, Windows, Android, and iPhone/iPad users making it an all-rounder PDF editor tool available in the market.
Main Features of UPDF
Following are some of the key features of UPDF, which separate it from other PDF editor tools available online.
- Split, Replace, and Extract Pages: With UPDF, you can easily split a PDF into multiple PDF files by adding the page number in the split tool. You can extract any page from the PDF file as well as you can also replace the PDF pages.
- Add, Delete or Edit PDF Text: You can effortlessly add new text to the PDF as well as edit the existing text. Along with it, you can also delete unnecessary text in a PDF using UPDF.
- Annotate PDF Files: It allows users to annotate PDF files to make them easier to read and view. It provides features like highlighting text, drawing shapes, or adding comments.
- Flatten PDF Files: It offers the feature of flattening the PDF to make it viewable, printable, and shareable. By flattening a PDF file, all the layers of a PDF combine into one, making it a secure format, especially for fillable files.
Easy to Follow Guide for Flattening a PDF File on UPDF
Mentioned below is a simple three-step process to efficiently flatten a PDF file on Mac with UPDF without any risk of error or damage to PDF:
Step 1: Add PDF File in UPDF
Install UPDF by searching it on Apple Store on your Mac computer, or you can also download the software directly from the official website. After launching UPDF, open the PDF file in UPDF by clicking on the "Open File" button displayed at the center of the screen.
Step 2: Make Edits in PDF File (Optional)
After opening the PDF file on UPDF, you can edit your PDF file by selecting the "Edit" tool from the top toolbar of UPDF. You can make edits to the PDF text, such as adding new PDF text, changing the font or color, or removing text in the PDF. It also allows you to edit the PDF image, such as adding a new one, replacing the old one, or rotating the images present in the PDF file.
Step 3: Save as a Flattened PDF
After editing the PDF, click on "File" from the upper toolbar, and from the drop-down menu, select "Save as Flatten." Following this, rename the PDF file and select the location on your Mac device to save the flattened PDF file.
In the following article, we discussed different tools such as Adobe Acrobat DC, a paid tool to edit, manage, organize, convert, and flatten PDFs in Adobe. However, UPDF stands to be the best PDF editor available online, which provides the best solution by offering premium features and tools.
Download UPDF today on your computer to flatten the PDF files seamlessly with a simple three-step process with zero risk of damage and corruption of your PDF file. Whether you want to edit, annotate, convert or split a PDF file, UPDF is the number one solution for your PDF management.
- Simple Methods to Edit Link in PDF
- Top 10 PDF Link Editor
- Add Background
- Effortless Ways to Change PDF Background Color
- 3 Different Ways to Add PDF Background
- Simple Ways to Remove Background from PDF
- Add Link
- How UPDF Helps you Study from Home
- What are the Different Versions of PDF/A?
- Master the Art of the PDF with 10 Tips & Tricks for UPDF