Let's say you have to organize so many PDF documents, and suddenly after a few documents, you came across pages that turned the wrong way. So, what would you do if your documents lie in an unorganized manner? Rotating PDFs one by one can be time-consuming. What if we tell you there are some tools by which you can rotate PDFs in a single go?
Isn't it remarkable? We did some digging on some PDF manager tools to rotate PDFs efficiently and found some reliable ones following in this article.
The Best Tool to Flip PDF Pages
UPDF is our first pick for rotating PDF pages professionally. It is among the finest PDF editors so far. Let's dive deep into UPDF to see what it offers. It is unique, productive, delightful, and, most importantly, a fast PDF editor loaded with advanced features. Not many PDF editors work on both Windows and Mac devices. It gives you the freedom to entertain your PDF documents on any platform. Don't waste your valuable time on useless PDF editors that contain limited features.
UPDF has one of the most thrilling user interfaces that doesn't require a learning experience. The design itself is a guide for users to navigate all its features. Let's have a look at its features. We bet you won't regret using these features:
- Read & Edit Text
In UPDF, reading & editing PDF text is just like using a file in MS Word. That is how simple to read and edit the text in UPDF.
- Edit Images in PDF
We know you are looking for this feature. Yes, UPDF does support the image editing feature. You'll achieve resizing, repositioning, replacing, copying, cropping, and deleting the images using this feature.
- Page Management
The page management feature is about organizing the PDF pages to present professionally. You can extract, rotate PDFs, add new, crop, split, and delete pages efficiently.
Method 1: How to Rotate PDF Pages?
Although UPDF doesn't require any kind of guidelines to use because of its straightforward interface still, we've prepared instructions on how to rotate PDF pages with it. You can download it from the below button first.
Follow the simple steps to rotate PDF permanently:
Step 1: Open a PDF
Open your flip PDF pages in the UPDF editor by clicking the "Open File" button on the main interface of the UPDF. Choose your respective PDF from your computer's device, which you want to rotate, and open it.
Step 2: Choose the Page Option
After opening your PDF on the UPDF, you need to click the "Organize Pages" option on the left menu to proceed.
Step 3: Flip PDF Pages
In the page management interface, you'll see different options to modify your PDF pages, like rotating (Left & Right) the pages, extracting pages, and deleting pages. To rotate the page, just click the rotate button on the top to change it into the orientation you needed.
It also has another way to rotate PDF pages. You just need to right-click the pages and tap "Rotate Clockwise" or "Rotate Counterclockwise" to rotate PDF pages.
Tips: If you want to rotate all pages, you can click "Ctrl+A" or "Command+A" to select all pages. Then click the rotate icon to rotate pages. Or you can tap the "Select Pages" on the tap panel, it can select the page range on it.
That's it! You are done. This is one of the most straightforward tools so far for rotating PDF pages. These types of features will surely enhance your work and productivity. Try it now.
Video Tutorial on How to Rotate PDF Page
Method 2: How to Rotate PDF File When Printing?
If you are using UPDF to print your PDF document, you can rotate the PDF page in the following ways:
- Step 1: Select "Print" from the "File" menu.
- Step 2: Now you will have a pop-up window with "Print" options. On the left side of the pop-up window, you can select the orientation of the PDF now.
- Step 3: Once done, click the "Print" button.
Method 3: How to Rotate Pages in Adobe Reader?
Unfortunately, it can't rotate pages in Adobe Reader. Adobe Reader is a simple viewer of PDF and adds some easy comments on PDF. But you can rotate pages on Adobe Pro.
Adobe Reader is a widely used PDF reader and annotator across the globe. The following are the steps to using Adobe Pro to rotate pages.
- Step 1: Opening the PDF: - Open your unorganized PDF file on Adobe Pro.
- Step 2: Select "Organize Pages": - You have to go to the tools menu and select "Organize Pages." You can also set the "Organize Pages" from the right menu/pane.
- Step 3: Choose Flip Pages: - Now, it's time to choose the pages you want to rotate. You can spin all the parts by holding the shift key and clicking on the page to rotate. You can also turn the page manually by "Enter Page Range" from the secondary toolbar. The process of rotation is based on a 90-degree increment.
- Step 4: Save Document: - After rotating the respective PDF documents, you can choose the location you want to export your document.
Pricing: Adobe Pro is $239.88 a year. But it's too expensive if you just need to rotate the PDF pages. If you have used Adobe, you will find that its pages are very complicated and difficult to understand, and the user experience is very poor. You can choose cheap UPDF for just $39.99 a year. Its page is beautiful and simple, it can be easily used with almost no instructions, and it is especially friendly to novices.
Method 4: How to Rotate PDF Online
An online PDF editor that contains almost every popular feature used today. It offers ways to rotate PDF pages.
- Step 1: Log in to online Tools: - Go to the website and search "rotate PDF online". Choose the one you like and click it.
- Step 2: Upload Document: - When you entered an online PDF editor, you've to upload your documents to process your tasks. Click the "Select PDF file" button to upload.
- Step 3: Rotate PDF: - After uploading the documents, you'll see a thumbnail for your documents. After hovering on the thumbnail, you'll see an arrow icon. Click on the "Rotate" icon to flip your page 90 -degrees clockwise.
- Step 4: Organize & Download: - After completing all your tasks, you'll see a button labeled "Organize" to process your document.
Important note: Although you can rotate PDF pages with online tools for free, you will find there are too many ads displayed on your screen which will let you have a really bad experience. Some online tools is also need to take fee. UPDF will not display any ads at all to give you the best UI experience.
Method 5: How to Rotate PDF with Foxit PhantomPDF?
Foxit PhantomPDF is an application-based PDF editor available on Windows, macOS, Cloud, iOS, and Android. Rotating PDF pages on Foxit PhantomPDF is pretty straightforward. All you have to do is to follow the below guidelines:
- Step 1: On the toolbar, you'll see a menu named "View." Hover on to it; you'll see the option of "Rotate View."
- Step 2: In the "Rotate View," you'll see multiple options, i.e., "Rotate Right" and "Rotate Left."
- Step 3: Or you can right-click on the page and select Rotate Right or Left.
- Step 4: Rotate your page according to your need and save it.
Pricing: It cost $149 for one year of Foxit PDF Editor Pro+. It is too expensive to rotate PDF pages of it. If you're looking for an inexpensive tool to rotate pages, you can choose UPDF. It only costs $39.99 a year.
Comparison of the 4 Rotate PDF Tools
(But it can't rotate PDF)
|System||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android||Online||You have to purchase separately for Windows and Mac|
|Create a PDF from a photo or multiple photo files|
|Compress PDF file size|
How Does UPDF Help You Organize PDF Pages Besides Rotating PDF?
UPDF offers multiple options to organize PDF files besides rotating the pages. Let's have a quick look at some of the most common organizing features of UPDF.
UPDF allows you to insert any page in your PDF documents. It doesn't matter if you want to add a blank page or insert a page from any other PDF file because UPDF gives you both options.
The extract page feature of UPDF allows you to extract the selected page range from a PDF document and create a new PDF file out of those extracted pages.
UPDF allows you to replace any page of your PDF document with a blank page or a page from any other PDF file.
The split PDF feature is one of the most important features of UPDF when it comes to organizing PDF files. You can split a selected page range and create a new PDF file.
With the remove page feature, you can delete or remove any page from your PDF files. It is usually common in businesses where unnecessary information should be eliminated.
UPDF allows you to crop PDF pages by clicking the "Crop Pages" icon on the left panel. It can set the option of the cropped page size, margin controls, and constrained proportions.
FAQs about Rotating PDF Pages
1. What Does it Mean to Rotate a PDF?
It means changing the orientation of a PDF so that it is viewed in a different way. Typically, you would rotate a PDF if you want to print it on a different size of paper than the original document.
2. Can You Rotate a PDF and Save it?
Yes, you can rotate a PDF and save it. There are many ways to do this; one way is to open the PDF in UPDF and then select the "Organize pages" option.
Now, you can select the page or pages you want to rotate and select the rotate option from the top navigation bar. And then click the "Save" on the File menu.
3. How Do I Change a PDF from Horizontal to Vertical?
UPDF allows you to rotate a PDF document either clockwise or counterclockwise. Here are the steps:
- Open the PDF file in UPDF.
- Go to the "Organize Pages" option and select the page range.
- Now, you can rotate the page from horizontal to vertical by using the rotating option on the top bar of UPDF.
- Click on the "File" menu and select "Save As...".
- In the "File Format" drop-down menu, select "PDF".
- In the "Save As" dialog box, enter a new filename for your rotated PDF file and click on the Save button.
4. Why are My PDFs Rotated?
PDFs rotated because the person who created them used a program that rotated the PDF when they created the PDF. You can using UPDF to rotate it to the right orientation.
5. How Do I Know the Orientation of a PDF?
If you are looking at a PDF on your computer, you can typically tell which way is up by the fact that the top of the page is in the upper-left-hand corner.
If you have a hard time discerning which is up and which is down, UPDF will allow you to zoom in so that you can get a better view. Additionally, many documents will have a watermark or other indicator in one corner that will show which direction is "up".
6. How Do I Save a PDF in the Landscape?
There are a few ways to save a PDF in landscape mode. One way to save a PDF in landscape mode is to open the PDF in UPDF and then go to "Organize Pages" and rotate all the pages. And then click the "File>Save" to save the PDF in the landscape.
7. Why Can't I Rotate a PDF?
It's possible that you don't have the correct software to rotate a PDF. UPDF is a common program used to open and rotate PDFs.
If you're having trouble rotating a PDF with the software that you currently have, you may need to download a different program like UPDF or update your current software.
Everyone has a time when they need to rotate a PDF. We already provide some exquisite examples and platforms on how to turn your PDF pages with ease. If you give us the honor to choose any of the mentioned tools, we'll go with the UPDF editor. UPDF has many advanced features that we don't think anyone provides. The choice is yours! Try UPDF now!
- How to Create Drop Down List in Excel? (The Complete Guide)
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Use ChatGPT to Write a Resume
- ChatGPT vs. Siri, What are the Differences? Who Will Be the Winner in the AI Race?
- How to Use ChatGPT to Improve Your Work Productivity
- Extract Pages from Word with 3 Easy Ways
- An Easy & Unique Way to Create PDF from Images
- How to Insert Checkbox in Excel? (5 Easy Ways)
- 8 Solutions for Adobe Acrobat Not Opening
- How to Add Text to The Beginning and End of Cell in Excel? (The Easiest Ways)
- How to Insert an Excel File to PPT
- How to Download and Use ChatGPT for Mac Safely?
- How to Convert, Import, and Export PPT to Excel for Free
- How to Embed Fonts in PowerPoint on Win/Mac
- GPT-4 vs. GPT-3.5, Which Version is Better?
- How to Copy PDF to PowerPoint