One of the most underrated aspects of a document is its orientation. The orientation of a document can determine how readable it is especially on smaller form factors like mobile and tablet devices. Since PDF documents are the easiest way to share content with other stakeholders today, it is obvious that you may need to change the PDF orientation of some documents.
The Best Tool to Change Orientation of PDF
If you are looking to change PDF from portrait to landscape or the other way around, UPDF is your go-to tool. UPDF stands for Universal, Productive, Delightful, Fast PDF editor. The editor lives up to its name and makes all possibilities come to life on your PDF documents.
- You can easily edit the text and images in the PDF document.
- It is also possible to annotate PDF files with various tools.
- UPDF allows you to manage the pages within the PDF file. Moreover, you can change the orientation of the PDF in just a few clicks.
- You can convert your PDF files into other file formats, including Word, Excel, HTML, Text, etc.
- The OCR feature allows you to turn scanned PDFs into searchable and editable ones.
- The tool is fast and available on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android operating systems.
- Since the readability of documents is so important, UPDF offers an eyes-friendly PDF reader that reduces eye strain.
The modern and delightful user interface adds a feather to the hat of this tool. The tool is extremely fast and powerful and is highly suited for heavy PDF workflows.
How to Change PDF Orientation with 2 Methods
It is essential to make some changes within the orientation of your PDF document to make it look interactive. Let us explore how you can change PDF portrait to landscape mode and vice versa. The steps are quite straightforward and have been detailed below –
Method 1. Use the "Right-Click" Menu
Step 1. Download the PDF Tool
The first step is to download and install the UPDF editor on your system. The software is supported on Windows. The software is also available for macOS and higher versions.
Step 2. Right-Click the Page
Once you open the PDF document on UPDF, you have to right-click on the page to open a drop-down menu.
Step 3. Change Orientation of PDF
Select any of the options among "Rotate Clockwise" or "Rotate Counterclockwise" to change the orientation of your PDF document.
Method 2. Use the "Organize Pages" Option
Although UPDF provides a proper source for changing the PDF orientation, there is another method that can be used to execute this process:
Step 1. Go to the "Organize Pages" Icon
First of all, you should click the "Organize Pages" icon on the left toolbar and it will help you enter into the page management mode.
Step 2. Change PDF from Portrait to Landscape or Vice Versa
There are two icons on the top toolbar: "Rotate Clockwise", and "Rotate Counterclockwise". You can choose whatever to help you change your PDF orientation.
Video Tutorial on How to Rotate PDF Page
Why Is It Considered Good to Change PDF Orientation?
Who won't like a structured document? While you look into different techniques that help you organize your PDF documents, we shall review why you should organize PDFs. Being a professional, it is imperative for you to understand the reasons:
- The document gets easy to read, which makes the content visible and understandable to the reader. This is important, as it controls the reader's temperament in reading the document. If it is some client who is reading a project proposal, they won't consider working with you if the document is not organized and well-managed.
- There are PDFs whose orientation is not proper when submitted. If this is the case, you will have to rotate and make it readable for the users as they won't turn their heads into reading the critical points on the specific page. This would leave out vital information, which can be a problem of various natures.
- Being a student, organizing your PDF documents is essential, as a mismanaged assignment won't be accepted by the teacher or professor. This would be damaging to your grades and reputation as a student. They always look for elegance in a document submitted to them, which puts a lot of weight on your shoulders as a student.
FAQs about Changing PDF Orientation
1. How to Rotate a PDF without Adobe?
You can use UPDF to rotate PDFs. Below are the steps to rotate PDF-
- Open the PDF file by clicking "Open File" on the main interface
- Click on the "Organize Pages" on the left panel
- Select the pages and click on "Rotate Counterclockwise" or "Rotate Clockwise" to rotate the PDF
2. How to Rotate a PDF in Adobe Reader?
Adobe Reader is a simple PDF reader. It can rotate PDF pages with the view tool. But this tool can only view, print, and share PDFs. It's a single-function PDF reader.
3. Why Can I not Rotate a PDF?
This may be because your document has limited editing permissions. You just need to use UPDF's "Remove Security" of "Protect Using Password" features to remove the permissions, and then you can rotate the PDF after removal.
4. Why are my PDFs Sideways?
It may be that your document was originally oriented in landscape orientation. You can use UPDF to rotate the PDF to your desired orientation by following the steps described above.
Indeed, various tools are available on the internet for changing the PDF from portrait to landscape and vice versa. UPDF is a complete PDF suite that performs high-quality PDF orientation changes without any hassle. It is not surprising to learn that users from across the globe are providing such high ratings to UPDF and are recommending this as the ultimate PDF editor software.
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today
- 4 Ways to Convert VSDX to PDF (With and Without Visio)
- How to Use ChatGPT Read PDF Files with 3 Ways
- Nitro Vs Foxit: Which One is Better?
- How to Transfer PDFs Between iPad/iPhone/Android and Windows/Mac?
- How to Fix Windows 10/11 Desktop Icons Missing After Restarting? (6 Effective Ways)
- Notion AI vs. ChatGPT, Which One is Better to Use?
- What is Notion AI and Everything You Need to Know about Notion AI
- How to Hide Icons on a Mac Desktop? (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How to Customize Mac Desktop? The Ultimate Guide (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How To Save PowerPoint as PDF with Notes
- 7 Methods to Turn a Slideshow into PDF
- How to Password Protect PowerPoint: Restrict Editing/Printing/Accessing
- 4 New Ways to Edit PDFs on Chromebook
- How to Make A Fillable PDF in Google Docs