If you have a multi-page PDF document, you might want to rearrange the pages. Whether it's because you've scanned the pages in the wrong order or you're trying to improve the flow of your document, changing the order of pages in your PDF is not tricky.
In this guide, we'll show you how to rearrange pages in PDF with five different methods.
It is sometimes necessary to reorder pages in a PDF file.
- If you have multiple documents scanned in and stored as PDF files, but they weren't appropriately scanned.
- You may need to move a critical page to the front or back of your PDF file for a better reading flow.
- Send the most critical page on top of the list or place the header page last.
And there can be many other situations where you need to reorder pages of a PDF document. So let's see which methods will work best to do this activity easily.
- Method 1: How to Reorder Pages in PDF Using UPDF
- Method 2: How to Rearrange Pages in PDF Using Smallpdf
- Method 3: How to Rearrange Pages in PDF Using Foxit
- Method 4: How to Rearrange Pages in PDF Using iLovePDF
- Method 5: How to Rearrange Pages in PDF Using Adobe Reader
Method 1: How to Reorder Pages in PDF Using UPDF
The Best Tool to Reorder Pages in PDF
UPDF is the best free PDF organizer and PDF editor out there to reorder PDF pages. It allows you to easily add, remove, and change pages on your PDF by dragging and dropping your page images, text, and graphics.
It also allows you to change the order of objects and select or deselect pages without moving other things around.
Key features of the UPDF editor:
- View PDF files easily
- Free to use; you don't need any credit card to begin
- Annotate PDFs with various tools / add signature
- Manage pages (delete, add, move, reorder, replace, rotate, or extract ) on the file in a few steps under minutes
- Edit the text and images in PDF
- It supports Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices
How to Change the Oder of Pages in PDF in Under 5 Minutes?
UPDF supports rearranging pages in PDF both on Windows and Mac.
Step 1: Open a PDF
Open the PDF file using the "Open File" button in the program's main interface. Next, you have to select the PDF document on your computer to open it. Click "OK".
Step 2: Click the "Organize Pages" Option
To reveal the page management menu, move your cursor over the "Organize Pages" icon on the left toolbar and click it. The page management interface will be displayed now.
Step 3. Sort PDF Pages
Now you can start to sort PDF pages. You can change the order of pages in PDF by dragging the pages to the destined position.
You can also rotate (or flip) pages, extract pages, insert pages, replace pages, split pages, and delete pages.
Tip: You can also select page ranges before organizing to increase your productivity.
Step 1. Launch SmallPDF, then go to the "Edit PDF" tool and upload your document by clicking the "Choose Files" button above.
Step 2. Tap on 'Rearrange Pages' from the menu on the left-hand side of the homepage. Or you can click the icon in the toolbar that looks like a pile of papers being rearranged.
Step 3. Drag and drop pages to rearrange them as you need them, then press 'Done.'
However, SmallPDF won't let you rearrange pages in PDF in the free version. You can see there is a yellow star which means it is a pro feature and you have to buy it before you use it. Who says that Smallpdf is a free tool? It is not at all! Every tool you use after you upload your PDF asks you to go Pro. All free online tools take this trick. It is really not good for users. Unlike SmallPDF, you can arrange PDF with UPDF totally FREE!
Foxit PhantomPDF is the desktop best PDF editor for Windows and Mac. It also offers an online solution now. Below are the steps on how to reorder pages in PDF using Foxit. Check it now:
- Open your PDF document using Foxit.
- Go to the "Pages" tab, and click on the "Reorder" option.
- Click on "Select" and choose the page you want to move on that same tab.
- Click on "Move before" or "Move after" to arrange the pages in any order.
iLovePDF is a free service that can rearrange PDF pages using any device, whether desktop, mobile, or tablet. It's easy to use and user-friendly. This online tool makes it possible for you to edit PDF files in seconds. Here's how to rearrange pages in PDF using iLovePDF:
- Go to the iLovePDF website, then click on 'All Tools.'
- Go to 'Organize PDF' and click 'Select PDF file.'
- Select your file from your computer or drop it into the dotted box provided on the site, then click 'Open.'
- Your file will now be uploaded, and you can start arranging the pages of your document by dragging them to the right position.
- You can now also add more pages to this step by clicking on the "+" icon.
- Click the "Organize" button on the right bottom corner
Can you rearrange pages in PDF using Adobe Reader? No. Adobe Acrobat reader doesn't have the feature to merge and rearrange PDF files. It is a basic free PDF reader and annotator and you can only view comments, and print PDFs with it. If you want other features, you have to upgrade to its Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
Anyway, the following are the steps to rearrange pages in PDF in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC:
- Step 1. By opening the PDF file in the Adobe Reader interface.
- Step 2. Click on the "Organize Pages" icon from the top menu bar.
- Step 3. In the secondary toolbar at the bottom, click and drag your mouse over the pages you want to move, then release your mouse when highlighted blue.
- Step 4. Drag the highlighted pages to where you want them in your document, then release your mouse when they're in place.
- Step 5. Click "File," then "Save" to save your changes.
PDF files are a great way to share documents and collect data securely. But sometimes, you need to rearrange PDF pages. Whether you're trying to make sure key information is displayed at the beginning of your file or you want to change up the order of a document, rearranging pages in PDF can be a cumbersome process. It can even take a lot of time, and you have to switch back and forth between different apps.
The good news is that we've collected five different methods on how to rearrange PDF pages, so you can choose the one that works best for you and your team.
We recommend that you use UPDF. It is the best way to get what you need to be done. It takes just a couple of clicks and seconds of your time. Not only can you rearrange pages in PDFs using a drag-and-drop interface, but you can also crop pages, delete pages, insert blank pages, and much more. Try it out today!
- Add Background
- Effortless Ways to Change PDF Background Color
- 3 Different Ways to Add PDF Background
- Simple Ways to Remove Background from PDF
- Add Link
- How UPDF Helps you Study from Home
- What are the Different Versions of PDF/A?
- Master the Art of the PDF with 10 Tips & Tricks for UPDF
- The Best Back to School PDF Tool You Should's Miss in 2022
- How UPDF Help you Enjoy Reading PDF Books