If you have a multi-page PDF document, you might want to rearrange the pages. Whether it's because you've scanned the pages in the wrong order or you're trying to improve the flow of your document, changing the order of pages in your PDF is not tricky.
In this guide, we'll show you how to rearrange pages in PDF with UPDF, a fast PDF page organizer. Get it through the following download button.
What's the Need to Reorder Pages in any PDF File?
It is sometimes necessary to reorder pages in a PDF file.
- If you have multiple documents scanned in and stored as PDF files, but they weren't appropriately scanned.
- You may need to move a critical page to the front or back of your PDF file for a better reading flow.
- Send the most critical page on top of the list or place the header page last.
And there can be many other situations where you need to reorder pages of a PDF document. So let's see which methods will work best to do this activity easily.
The Best Tool to Reorder Pages in PDF
UPDF is the best PDF organizer and PDF editor out there to reorder PDF pages. It allows you to easily add, remove, and change pages on your PDF by dragging and dropping your page images, text, and graphics.
It also allows you to change the order of objects and select or deselect pages without moving other things around.
Key features of the UPDF editor:
- View PDF files easily
- Convert PDF to other 14 formats quickly
- OCR PDF to convert scanned PDF to a searchable and editable PDF file
- Annotate PDFs with various tools / add signature
- Manage pages (delete, add, move, reorder, replace, rotate, or extract ) on the file in a few steps under minutes
- Edit the text, images, and link in the PDF
- Crop pages in PDF
- It supports Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices
How to Change the Reorder of Pages in PDF in Under 5 Minutes?
UPDF supports reordering pages in PDF both on Windows and Mac.
Step 1: Open a PDF
Open the PDF file using the "Open File" button in the program's main interface. Next, you have to select the PDF document on your computer to open it. Click "OK".
Step 2: Click the "Organize Pages" Option
To reveal the page management menu, move your cursor over the "Organize Pages" icon on the left toolbar and click it. The page management interface will be displayed now.
Step 3. Sort PDF Pages
Now you can start to sort PDF pages. You can change the order of pages in PDF by dragging the pages to the destined position.
Tip: You can also select page ranges before organizing to increase your productivity.
Video Tutorial on How to Rearrange Pages from PDF
How Does UPDF Help You Improve the Productivity of Organizing PDF Pages?
UPDF is the ultimate tool for creating the perfect PDF file. With this mind-blowing app, you can edit any text or image in your PDF and change it according to your need. Your PDF can be converted to any other format without any interruptions. The app's annotation features make it much easier to take notes and add more information to your document.
The organizing elements of this app make the complex arrangement of pages effortless. Let's discuss the main features of organizing PDF pages perfectly:
1. Inserting New Pages
If you have forgotten to add some critical information to your document and want to insert a page in your PDF, choose this option. This app will give you two options for inserting pages or pages. You can add a blank or filled page from any other saved PDF file. UPDF can insert the pages you need effectively, whether blank or with data.
2. Extracting Pages
To extract the needed content, click on the "Extract" icon near the inserting option at the top of the screen after selecting the pages you want to extract. This will create a new PDF file from the extracted pages. This feature is excellent if you don't want to show all your ideas to the audience. You can extract the data you need and make another informational PDF file. Tap on the below button to try UPDF.
3. Replacing Pages
Replacing a page can save you a lot of time and trouble. If you want to replace one or some of your PDF pages with another file, click on "Replace" to replace the page immediately. If you choose to replace a single page, it will be replaced with the first page of the other PDF file. Just like that, the more pages you replace, the more it will take from the other PDF.
4. Reorder Pages
Sometimes the file’s order can accidentally get changed, which can make your file look like a mess. To get rid of that, you can change the order of your PDF pages and bring them to the right position. When the pages are in the correct order, it is easy to understand everything without getting confused.
5. Deleting Pages
A single problematic page can have a bad impact. If you have a page or several pages in your PDF that affect your PDF file, then delete them so you can get rid of them. You should present or send a file without errors; otherwise, your work won't look good. UPDF provides the option to delete a page; click on the Trash icon on the top of the screen to delete unwanted data.
6. Rotating Pages
Sometimes the PDF file can get disoriented by accident or itself. A file with the wrong rotation can't even be read by anyone, let alone understood. Fortunately, you can easily rotate your file in any direction using UPDF. This app instantly changes the orientation of your page to your desired direction.
7. Splitting PDF
If you want to split one PDF into multiple PDF files to share only a specific part of the PDF at a time, then you're not the only one. Many people want to split their PDF files into one or more than one files. Keeping in mind the need of many people, UPDF allows splitting PDFs into as many parts as you want. Try UPDF now!
Method 2: How to Rearrange Pages in PDF Online
Step 1. Launch Google search "Rearrange PDF pages" and select ones, then go to the "Edit PDF" tool and upload your document by clicking the "Choose Files" button above.
Step 2. Tap on "Rearrange Pages" from the menu of the homepage. Or you can click the icon in the toolbar that looks like a pile of papers being rearranged.
Step 3. Drag and drop pages to rearrange them as you need them, then press "Done".
However, the online tool won't let you rearrange pages in PDF in the free version and the online tool is not safe. Who says that an online tool is a free tool? It is not at all! Every tool you use after you upload your PDF asks you to go to Pro. It is really not good for users. Unlike SmallPDF, you can arrange PDF with UPDF safely.
Method 3: How to Arrange Pages in PDF Using Foxit
Foxit PhantomPDF is a desktop PDF editor for Windows and Mac. It also offers an online solution now. Below are the steps on how to reorder pages in PDF using Foxit. Check it now:
- Open your PDF document using Foxit.
- Go to the "Pages" tab, and click on the "Reorder" option.
- Click on "Select" and choose the page you want to move on that same tab.
- Click on "Move before" or "Move after" to arrange the pages in any order.
There are a lot of limitations and restrictions to using Foxit. For one, it is highly complex to use. There are multiple types for users to choose from. Rather than give them choice, this can be a source of confusion. And the interface is far from simple which makes the experience more cumbersome. UPDF has a simple and beautiful UI interface, it is friendly to the user. You will love it when you have to try UPDF.
Method 4: How to Reorder Pages in PDF Using Adobe Reader
Can you rearrange pages in PDF using Adobe Reader? No. Adobe Acrobat reader doesn't have the feature to merge and rearrange PDF files. It is a basic PDF reader and annotator and you can only view, comment, and print PDFs with it. If you want other features, you have to upgrade to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
Anyway, the following are the steps to rearrange pages in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC:
- Step 1. By opening the PDF file in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC interface.
- Step 2. Click on the "Organize Pages" icon from the top menu bar.
- Step 3. In the secondary toolbar at the bottom, click and drag your mouse over the pages you want to move, then release your mouse when highlighted blue.
- Step 4. Drag the highlighted pages to where you want them in your document, then release your mouse when they're in place.
- Step 5. Click "File," then "Save" to save your changes.
Unfortunately, Adobe Reader can't rearrange pages. You can use Adobe Acrobat Pro DC to rearrange pages. But Adobe Acrobat Pro DC price is too high. The interface of Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is also complex. If you are looking for software that is more cost-effective and has a more user-friendly interface, you can choose UPDF.
Compare the 4 Methods to Rearrange Pages in PDF
|UPDF||Online||Foxit Editor||Adobe Reader|
|It is free, but it has restrictions, like one day can only one file, the file size restriction, and so on.||PDF Editor: US$159.00/Year|
PDF Editor Pro: US$179.00/Year
|It is free but it can't rearrange pages. If you need to rearrange pages then it needs to upgrade to the Pro version.|
|Easy to use||Super easy||Easy||Difficult||Difficult|
|Organize Pages||Insert, replace, extract, split, rotate, crop, and delete PDF pages||Sort, add, and delete PDF pages||Reorganize, split, combine, merge, and delete PDF pages||Can't organize PDF pages|
FAQs about Rearranging PDF Pages
1. Can I rearrange pages in PDF?
Yes, you can easily rearrange and organize your pages using UPDF. This app offers impressive page organizing features through which you can manage your pages and do more.
2. Why can't I organize pages in PDF?
If your document has the password of the open or permission, you have to write down the password. Because the permission will restrict editing, so you can't rearrange the pages in PDF.
3. How do I rearrange pages in a PDF on Mac?
You can rearrange your pages on Mac quickly and easily using UPDF. It has proven very useful for Mac users. It can also insert, replace, extract, split, rotate, crop, and delete PDF pages in PDF.
4. How do you add or delete pages to a PDF?
PDF pages can be added and deleted with the help of UPDF. It does the job in a few clicks and gives authentic results.
The steps of add pages to PDF:
- Open the PDF file by clicking "Open File" in the main interface
- Click on the "Organize Pages" button on the left panel
- Tap the "Insert" icon and select "Blank Page" or "From File" to insert the pages into the PDF
The steps of delete pages in PDF:
- After opening the PDF file, click on "Organize Pages" on the left toolbar
- Select the pages then click on "Delete Pages" on the top menu to delete PDF pages
A Quick Summary
PDF files are a great way to share documents and collect data securely. But sometimes, you need to rearrange PDF pages. Whether you're trying to make sure key information is displayed at the beginning of your file or you want to change up the order of a document, rearranging pages in PDF can be a cumbersome process. It can even take a lot of time, and you have to switch back and forth between different apps.
The good news is that we've given a quick method on how to rearrange PDF pages with UPDF. It is the best way to get what you need to be done. It takes just a couple of clicks and seconds of your time. Not only can you rearrange pages in PDFs using a drag-and-drop interface, but you can also crop pages, delete pages, insert blank pages, and much more. Try it out today!
- Como Cortar PDF em 2 Métodos Fáceis
- The Hidden Features of UPDF That You Don't Know
- Como imprimir PDF como livreto no Windows e Mac
- How to Create an Electronic Signature in PDF Flawlessly
- How to Modify a PDF Online Easily and Quickly
- How to Modify a PDF on Mac Effortlessly
- How to Save a Fillable PDF on Windows and Mac
- Top 5 Easy and Dominant Signature Makers
- How to Edit PDF Android – A Detailed Guide to UPDF
- Einfache 3 Methoden zum Entfernen von Links aus PDF