Someone may share with you a PDF document that requires more content. And to add more content to the document, you may find that you need to add pages to it. But even just editing the existing content on a PDF document can prove very difficult. How can you add pages to the PDF?
Adding pages to a PDF document can be made easier by the PDF page editor that you choose to use. In this article, we will look at a few editors that can be useful in this way and show you how to use them.
- Why You May Need to Insert Pages to a PDF
- The Best Tool to Insert Pages to a PDF
- Method 1. How to Add a Blank Page in PDF
- Method 2. How to Add Pages to PDF from Another File
- Method 3. How to Insert Pages from PDF with Adobe Reader
- Method 4. How to Add Pages to PDF Online
- FAQs about Adding Pages to PDF
Why You May Need to Insert Pages to a PDF
There are a lot of reasons why you would want to add pages to an existing PDF document, including the following:
- The most common reason to add a page to a PDF document is so you can add more content to the document.
- Inserting pages in PDF is also a good way to import new content to an existing PDF from other sources. Such as adding a page from another PDF.
The following solutions will help you add pages to a PDF document whenever you need to.
The Best Tool to Add Pages to a PDF
If you are looking for a solution that will make adding pages to a PDF document easy, then UPDF - PDF editor is the best solution to choose from. This free PDF editor is one of the best ways to edit any aspect of a PDF document and it excels most at allowing you to manage the pages on the PDF. This means that you can add the pages to just about any section of the document.
We will look at how this process works in the next section of this article. But before we do let's first look at some of the other things UPDF can do.
- UPDF is one of the best ways to manage the pages on an existing PDF document. You can use it to extract PDF pages, add new pages, rotate pages, and even extract a specific page.
- It is also one of the best ways to edit the images in the PDF. You can select the image, resize it, copy it, delete it and even add new images to the document.
- Just as easily, you can add new text content to the document and edit existing content by changing the font style, color and size.
- You can add highlights, sticky notes, text boxes, and other annotations to a PDF document.
- It offers several good modes to view your PDF document, and you can add bookmarks to your PDF.
- You can convert PDF to MS Office format, image, CSV, RTF, Text, XML, HTML, PDF/A, etc.
- It has a very simple user interface that makes all these functions very easy even for a beginner user.
Method 1. How to Add a Blank Page in PDF
Download and install UPDF on your computer, open it after installation and then follow these simple steps to use it to add a page in PDF.
Step 1: Open a PDF
In the main interface, click on the "Open File" button and then browse for the PDF document that you want to edit.
Step 2: Insert a Blank Page into a PDF
With the document open in UPDF, click on the "Organize Pages" tab at the left. This will open the page management interface.
To insert a blank page into the document, click on the "Insert" and then "Blank Page" options. Before you insert a page, you need to select the position to insert it by clicking the page before it.
Method 2. How to Insert Pages to PDF from Another File
Sometimes you want to combine two PDF files together, but you want the second PDF file to be placed in a certain position, then you can use the UPDF's insert option to help you. You can insert another PDF file into the current PDF file directly.
Step 1: Choose the "From File" Option
If you want to add pages from another PDF document, you should click a page to select the position to insert. Now click on the "Insert" option and choose "From File."
Step 2: Insert Pages from Another PDF Document
You can then browse your computer for the PDF that you want to add to this current document. And click the "Open" button.
The PDF file will be inserted into the position you selected. And now you can reorder, edit, annotate, or convert the PDF file.
Video Tutorial on How to Insert Pages to PDF
Method 3. How to Add Pages to a PDF in Adobe Reader
First of all, you can't add pages to a PDF using Adobe Reader, as the Reader DC is a free version, which is only available for reading and annotating PDF documents.
If you want to add pages to a PDF, you will have to upgrade to Adobe Acrobat Standard DC or Pro DC, which is really expensive ($239.88 per year).
After you upgrade to Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can follow the steps:
- Step 1. Click the "Tools" option and choose the "Organize Pages" tool.
- Step 2. Open your PDF document.
- Step 3. Click the "Insert" option and you can begin to insert pages to PDF with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
Since Acrobat is too expensive, and a little complicated to use, why not switch to UPDF? A much more cost-effective PDF editor it has the features to add pages to PDF, edit PDF texts and images, convert PDF documents to other formats, OCR, and many other features, etc.
Method 4. How to Insert Pages to PDF Online
There are a few web tools that can be useful to add pages to PDF online. For example, iLovePDF, SmallPDF, Sejda, etc. The steps for using online tools are similar, you can follow these steps:
- Step 1. Go to any online tool that supports the organize pages feature. You can use the keyword "insert pages into PDF online" to search on Google. Google will display many solutions.
- Step 2. Upload your PDF file to the online website. All online tools require you to upload your PDF file and most of them have limitations regarding the file size or the page numbers. If you want to use it for free, you have to meet its limitation requirements.
- Step 3. After you upload it successfully, you can now find the tools to insert pages into PDF. Most online tools only allow you to insert blank pages, but not from another PDF file.
- Step 4. Download the file after the modification.
However, using online tools to add pages to PDF would be not stable as you have to connect to your internet. If the internet is bad, it will affect the results or even damage your PDF documents.
And another issue with online solutions is that you'll have to worry about your document security. Why not use UPDF instead? It is a desktop version, which is very stable and fast to use. All your documents will be saved to your local storage, and you can use UPDF to edit, convert, protect, and organize them without any hassle.
FAQs about Adding Pages to PDF
1. How do I add a blank page to an existing PDF?
You can use a PDF page editor like UPDF to add a blank page to an existing PDF. To do that, you can upload your PDF to UPDF and then click the "Organize Pages" icon. Next, you can tap on the "Insert" option on the top and select the "Blank Page" option. That's done!
2. How do I add and replace pages in a PDF?
With UPDF, you can add and replace pages quickly. For this, you can enter the "Organize Pages" mode and select the pages you want to replace. Then you just need to click the "Replace" icon on the top and choose a file to replace the pages.
3. Can I change pages in PDF?
Yes, of course, you can. Using UPDF, you can easily change pages in PDF, such as replacing, adding, deleting, rotating, extracting, splitting, and cropping pages in PDF.
Rather than having to start the document creation process from scratch when you forget to add a page in PDF, you can use UPDF to add a page on any section of the document. The best solution that will do that and keep things simple and straightforward is UPDF. There is nothing to figure out and you can add the pages to any section of the document in just a few simple steps.
- 3 Different Methods to Merge Images into PDF
- 2 Ways to Combine Images into PDF on Mac
- Top 5 Free PDF Editor Android in 2023
- The Best Tool to Convert Multiple JPG to PDF
- How to Merge PNG to PDF Using the Best PDF Combiner
- Como Cortar PDF em 2 Métodos Fáceis
- The Hidden Features of UPDF That You Don't Know
- How to Create an Electronic Signature in PDF Flawlessly
- How to Modify a PDF Online Easily and Quickly
- How to Modify a PDF on Mac Effortlessly