Someone may share with you a PDF document that requires more content. And to add more content to the document, you may find that you need to add pages to it. But even just editing the existing content on a PDF document can prove very difficult. How can you add pages to the PDF?
Adding pages to a PDF document can be made easier by the PDF editor that you choose to use. In this article, we will look at a few editors that can be useful in this way and show you how to use them.
- Part 1. Why You May Need to Insert Pages to a PDF
- Part 2. How to Add a Page in PDF with UPDF for Free
- Part 3. How to Add Pages to PDF with iLovePDF
- Part 4. How to Add Pages to a PDF with Adobe Acrobat
Why You May Need to Insert Pages to a PDF
There are a lot of reasons why you would want to add pages to an existing PDF document, including the following:
- The most common reason to add a page to a PDF document is so you can add more content to the document.
- Inserting page in PDF also a good way to import new content to an existing PDF from other sources. Such as adding a page from another PDF.
The following solutions will help you add pages to a PDF document whenever you need to.
The Best Free Tool to Add Pages to PDF
If you are looking for a solution that will make adding pages to a PDF document easy, then UPDF is the best solution to choose. This free PDF editor is one of the best ways to edit any aspect of a PDF document and it excels most at allowing you to manage the pages on the PDF. This means that you can add the pages to just about any section of the document.
We will look at how this process works in the next section of this article. But before we do let's first look at some of the other things UPDF can do.
- UPDF is one of the best ways to manage the pages on an existing PDF document. You can use it to extract PDF pages, add new pages, rotate pages, and even extract a specific page.
- It is also one of the best ways to edit the images in the PDF. You can select the image, resize it, copy it, delete it and even add new images to the document.
- Just as easily, you can add new text content to the document and edit existing content by changing the font style, color and size.
- You can add highlights, sticky notes, text box, and other annotations to a PDF document.
- It offers several good modes to view you PDF document, and you can add bookmarks to your PDF.
- It has a very simple user interface that makes all these functions very easy even for a beginner user.
How to Add a Page in PDF
Download and install UPDF on your computer, open it after installation and then follow these simple steps to use it to add a page in PDF.
Step 1: Open a PDF
In the main interface, click on the "Open File" button and then browse for the PDF document that you want to edit.
Step 2: Click on the Page Tab
With the document open in UPDF, click on the "Page" tab at the top. This will open the page management interface.
Step 3: Insert a Blank Page
To insert a blank page into the document, click on the "Insert" and then "Blank Pages" option. Before you insert a page, you need to select the position to insert it by clicking the page before it.
Step 4: Insert Pages from Another PDF document
If you want to add pages from another PDF document, click on the "Insert" option and choose "from PDF." You can then browse your computer for the PDF that you want to add to this current document.
How to Add Pages to PDF with iLovePDF
ILovePDF is a free online solution that can be very useful when you need to edit a PDF document. While it may not have a specific tool to add pages to the document, you can use its "Organize Pages" tool to reorder and add a blank page to the document.
Here's a step-by-step guide to using this tool.
Step 1: Access the iLovePDF Organize Pages tool directly.
Step 2: Drag and drop the file you would like to edit into this main window. You can also click "Select Files" to import the file or add the file from your Google Drive or Dropbox account.
Step 3: The pages of the document will open in thumbnail form. You can use your mouse to drag and drop the pages into the order you desire.
Step 4: To add a blank page, place the mouse between two pages and then click on the "+" icon.
Step 5: Click on "Download" when you're done to save the modified document to your computer. You can also click on the Google Drive or the Dropbox button to save the document to the cloud.
How to Add Pages to a PDF with Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat remains one of the best PDF editors to choose from thanks to its very useful PDF editing tools. You can use this tool to edit all aspects of any PDF document including reordering and adding pages to an existing PDF document. It is a little bit difficult to use and a bit expensive, but it is a good PDF editor.
While Adobe Acrobat might not be the simplest tool to use, you can still add pages to your PDF document. Just follow these steps:
Step 1: Open Adobe Acrobat on your computer and open the PDF file that you want to make changes.
Step 2: From the right pane, select the "Organize Pages" tool. If you don't see this option, click on the small arrow on the far-right to expand this section.
Step 3: You can only add pages in thumbnail mode. To do that, move the cursor to the right of the thumbnail page where you would like to add the page until the "+" sign appears.
Step 4: Choose the "Insert from File" option and browse your computer for the file that you would like to add as a new page.
Step 5: Click "Select" and Acrobat will convert the selected file to PDF and add it to the existing document in the location that you have selected.
Please note that Adobe Acrobat allows you to replace a page with a different version than the one that is currently on the PDF. To do this, you need to select "Replace" under "Organize PDF" and browse your computer for the replacement file. Click "Select" to convert it to PDF and add it to the PDF.
Remember to save the document after adding the new page.
Rather than having to start the document creation process from scratch when you forget to add a page in PDF, you can use one of the options above to add a page on any section of the document. Adobe Acrobat remains a good solution, but it may not be able to help you if you want to insert a blank document into the program. The only solution that will do that and keep things simple and straightforward is UPDF. There is nothing to figure out and you can add the pages to any section of the document in just a few simple steps.
- Print PDF
- Print PDF
- How to Open PDF in Chrome
- How to Open Password Protected PDF in 3 Ways
- How to Open Multiple PDFs at Once
- How to Compare PDFs for Free (3 Ways)
- How to Open PDF in InDesign on Mac
- How to Add Bookmarks to PDF
- 10 Best Software for Lawyers to Improve Productivity in 2022
- Exploring the Automation of Audit Trails