A PDF organizer or PDF page organizer is essentially any software application that can help you manipulate the pages of a PDF file, allowing you to rotate, remove, add, replace, or reorder them. Most PDF organizer tools can do the job reasonably well, but when it comes to the usability factor, there is just a handful of them that come out on top. Here, we provide a list of the best PDF organizer applications that you can use online or offline. Online tools can be accessed through your browser, while offline tools can be installed on Windows, Mac, or both.
#1: UPDF - Free for Windows and Mac
UPDF is a lightweight and free PDF editor with robust PDF organizer tools to help arrange your PDF pages and manipulate them in different ways. You can reorder, rotate, delete, insert, replace, and extract pages from PDF. It also comes with features such as PDF editing, PDF reading, and a PDF converter.
The UI is very modern and simple, making it an ideal tool for new users with no prior experience with PDF tools. The thumbnail view makes it easy to handle any size of PDF file, including very large documents. It's a dual-OS product, which means you can download the PDF organizer Windows or PDF organizer Mac version based on the system you're currently using.
- Edit PDF: Manipulate any content in a PDF file, including text, images, objects, etc.
- Read PDF: A book-like PDF reading experience with handy navigation tools, bookmarking, PDF search, and other features that make reading PDFs a natural and intuitive experience.
- Organize PDF: With UPDF, you can extract, replace, delete, add, reorder, and rotate PDF pages - a pro-level free PDF organizer for Windows and Mac.
- Convert PDF: Transform PDF to other file formats easily, and it supports the conversion from PDF to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Protect PDF: You can set an open password or permissions password to a PDF document.
- Open your PDF file in UPDF.
- Click the "Organize Pages" tab on the left toolbar.
- Access all the tools you need to reorder, replace, add, delete, split, and rotate PDF pages.
- Save the file with a different name or share it with others.
As a powerful and free PDF editor, UPDF doesn't skimp on advanced PDF editing features. Take advantage of this desktop PDF organizer, editor, and reading tool to modify, add or delete existing content within your PDF pages. You can also use this robust PDF tool to view and read PDFs in a natural manner.
Although Acrobat DC is a powerful PDF editor, it also has a PDF page organizer feature to help get your PDF files in shape. Offering an impressive range of PDF organizing and management tools, this desktop software allows you to rotate, reorder, insert, and remove pages. These features reside in the Organize Pages section of the Tools menu - let's look at how it works.
- Create, Reader, View, and Edit PDF
- PDF Protection
- Annotation Tool
- Organize PDF Files and Pages
- Create, convert, fill, and sign PDF forms
- OCR to convert scanned PDFs to editable or searchable PDFs
- To and From PDF Conversions
- Other Advanced Tools: Color Management, Print Production (Pro DC only), Preflight Tools (Pro DC only), etc.
- Open the PDF file.
- Click on Tools and select Organize Pages - you can also select Organize Pages in the sidebar menu on the right.
- Use the secondary toolbar to extract, replace, split, insert, or add pages.
- To reorder pages, drag the corresponding thumbnail of that page to its new position and drop it there
- Save the file to preserve the changes
Nitro PDF Pro is another robust PDF organizer and editor with a host of basic and advanced tools for PDF management. It is only available for Windows and iOS devices, but the company purchased PDFpen and PDFpenPro a while ago to expand its portfolio into the Mac space. Nitro itself is a versatile PDF handling utility with a very MS Office-like UI that makes it easy for first-time users to get the hang of the software.
- Create PDF: Convert other files to PDF or combine several files to create a single PDF
- Edit PDF: Full PDF editing capabilities
- File Conversion: Convert PDF to other formats such as MS Office files, images, and other formats
- OCR: Scanned PDFs can be converted to searchable or editable files
- Electronic Signature and Digital Signature: Create signatures, apply them to documents, and send files for others to sign (with tracking and confirmation)
- PDF Security: Password protection, redaction, digital signature validation, etc.
- Forms: Create and edit XFA forms, and fill and sign PDF forms
- Annotate PDFs: Collaborate effectively with others with extensive tools for commenting, reviewing, feedback, and notes
- Open the PDF file
- Click the Pages tab in the left sidebar navigation panel
- You will see a Pages pane, where you can select and drag a page to a different position in the document
- Save the PDF file to your desktop
Tip: Select multiple pages by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking on the pages you want to choose.
PDF Complete is another Windows-only application that comes with a built-in PDF organizer function. The software is available in two editions - Corporate and Office - and both of them have the PDF page changer utility included in them. This function allows you to insert, delete, reorder, rotate, and extract pages, as well as combine PDF documents. Let's look at some of the key features of the advanced Office edition of PDF Complete:
- Create PDF: Generate PDF files from other applications, a scanner, or other file types
- Edit PDF: Edit images and text in an editable PDF file
- Annotate PDF: Add text boxes, comments, and other markups
- PDF Organizer: Combine files, manipulate pages, extract pages, etc.
- PDF Protection: Passwords, e-signing, redaction, etc.
- Open the PDF file
- Scroll to the page you want to move and right-click it
- In the contextual menu, select Move Pages
- Select the page or a page range using the radio buttons in the Move Pages dialog
- Input the destination page number where you want the selected page or pages to be moved to
- Click OK to save your changes, then save the file
After showcasing two Windows-only PDF organizer tools, it's only fair that we review a Mac-only utility. There's also an iOS version, but we'll focus on the macOS variant of PDF Expert for the purpose of this article. PDF Expert is a versatile PDF editor with loads of functions and a very native Mac interface that makes it easy for Mac users to sink into the PDF experience seamlessly and naturally.
- PDF Creation
- PDF Editing
- Annotate PDF
- Merge/Combine PDFs
- Fill and Sign Forms
- PDF Optimization
- Extract PDF Pages
- Open the document in PDF Expert for Mac
- Go to the grid view by clicking the appropriate icon on the top left
- Choose the page you want to move (use Shift to select multiple pages)
- Drag and drop the page(s) to the new location in the document
- Save the PDF to the desired folder location
The PDF Organizer tools for desktops that we've seen today are all amazing utilities in their own right. However, why should you pay a premium price when all you need is to move a few PDF pages around and maybe replace, add, or delete some? UPDF is the world's first "free premium" PDF organizer utility because it offers advanced tools such as intricate PDF editing without the usual hefty price tag or ongoing subscription. With new features being added at a rapid pace, you'll soon see truly advanced tools such as OCR, which normally costs quite a bit as part of a premium PDF editor. In short, why pay a fee when you can get UPDF for free?
- Simple Methods to Edit Link in PDF
- Top 10 PDF Link Editor
- Add Background
- Effortless Ways to Change PDF Background Color
- 3 Different Ways to Add PDF Background
- Simple Ways to Remove Background from PDF
- Add Link
- How UPDF Helps you Study from Home
- What are the Different Versions of PDF/A?
- Master the Art of the PDF with 10 Tips & Tricks for UPDF