As technology spreads rapidly, the demand for cloud applications increases in every sector. PDF readers are the best examples of it. Before cloud technology, everyone used offline applications that could not run without an operating system (Windows, Mac).
Now, it has given the freedom to use anywhere in the world without any specific device. All you have to do is just sign in account and get access to your precious documents.
Nitro is among the best PDF reader application that supports impressive features. Nitro Pro is a wholesome tool for editing text and creating documents. Nitro Pro is the successor of Nitro PDF professional comes with additional features like edit page arrangements, graphics, and texts.
Top 5 Nitro Pro Alternatives
We care about everyone's tastes and choices and bring you some of the best alternatives to Nitro. Following are the top best choices after Nitro Pro:
UPDF is a highly advanced PDF reader, editor, and organizer to enhance productivity. In a limited time, it has attracted many business professionals. That's why UPDF stands tall on our list. So, you may be wondering what you can do with UPDF? Well, this isn't the question you should. You should ask what UPDF can't do?
UPDF has the quality of features like reading PDF, annotating PDF, editing existing PDFs, and organizing pages in PDF. More of that, it will release more advanced features soon. For example, you can convert your PDF files into any office format. Moreover, UPDF gives you the option to turn scanned PDF into searchable and editable texts with OCR option.
Advantages of UPDF
- UPDF is an entirely free desktop application for Mac and Windows operating systems. Now, you don't have to purchase the expensive plans to edit your PDF document.
- The interface of this tool is beautiful and you will feel young, energetic, and interesting by using this tool.
- The speed for opening PDF documents will be fast. You will have a great reading experience. And it has high-performance.
- Make annotations on a PDF document will be easy with this tool.
- Editing the texts and images on PDF documents is easy.
- You can organize pages easily with UPDF and you can add, delete, extract, and rotate pages easily.
pdfFiller is another example of a cloud-based platform that provides an interactive experience for users. In other words, pdfFiller is a documents management system that offers you to edit, manage, create, and privately store your PDFs.
It's slightly different from Nitro Pro but similar to UPDF in approach. pdfFiller is famous for its revolutionary features, such as connecting your PDFs to a billing system for invoicing. That's a remarkable feature. pdfFiller also supports the sharing service within the environment; you can transfer/send and receive PDFs through Electronic mail (E-mail), fax, and even though with SMS!
If we look at the user interface, it gives you the impression of UPDF. It's precisely the same. The features that it offers are view, edit, create, PDF conversion, PDF compression, split/merger, signature, and security. You may be thinking that you can get similar features in any other application, so what's special about it?
You may find these features in other applications, but you won't find the integrations like Zoho, Zapier, Salesforce, OneDrive, and much more. With so many advanced features, nevertheless, pdfFiller has some impactful drawbacks, which we will discuss in the pros and cons section.
Advantages of pdfFiller
- Supports more advanced features like sharing documents online
- Gives more integration support; Zoho, Salesforce, OneDrive, Office 360, and Google Docs
- You can turn your PDFs into billing invoices
- Though faxing is an old way of sharing documents, pdfFiller do support faxing documents
Disadvantages of pdfFiller
- Lagging performance with huge files
- pdfFiller does not support LibreOffice
- Not a free tool
- More mouse-driven than UPDF
3. FineReader PDF
FineReader is another easy-to-use PDF application that provides lots of advanced features. The parent company of FineReader is ABBYY, which supports multiple operating systems. Like UPDF, FineReader PDF supports many advanced features such as OCR scanning and modifying locked documents.
More features include:
- Create, manage, and edit your PDFs
- Gives an environment to collaborate
- Offers protection to your documents by signing in PDFs
- Scanning the documents with OCR technology.
Advantages of FineReader PDF
- Easy-to-use user interface
- Supports both the Mac & Windows
- Acceptable speed in processing the documents
- Multiple language support.
Disadvantages of FineReader PDF
- Need to purchase a license to use it
- It lands on the higher side of pricing
- You can't merge multiple files into one.
4. PDF-XChange Editor
PDF-XChange Editor is something that you shouldn't want to miss. It's a small software but loaded with features. It handles PDF files in every possible way, such as import/export, OCR, appendage, documents protection, multimedia support, and much more.
PDF-XChange Editor is among the paid tools, but you can use its free version also. You'll only get the free version's basic features like editing, viewing, and converting. You can't access advanced tools like OCR, multiple conversion, and sharing in its free version.
Advantages of PDF-XChange Editor
- Pretty much fast and gives efficient performance
- Some basic features can be accessed in its free version
- Ability to import and export documents within the application
Disadvantages of PDF-XChange Editor
- Only available for Windows OS
- Most of the advanced features are marked with an add-to-cart.
5. Power PDF
Power PDF is another good alternative to Nitro PDF, providing many similar features like converting PDFs into many MS Office formats, merging/creating PDFs, voice recognition, PDF security, and batch PDFs.
Advantages of Power PDF
- Enjoyable and easy-to-use interface
- Provides collaborative environment
- Available on both Mac and Desktop
- E-signature integration
- Only one-time purchasing
Disadvantages of Power PDF
- Not a free tool
- Lots of users are complaining that the system support is not responsive.
So, we've reached the end! We've listed some of the most delicate PDF readers and editors to make things easier for you. If you're still struggling to choose the best PDF for your business, then let's ease your problem. If you ask us to select any of the above readers, we'd surely go with UPDF. The reason for choosing this application is that you find every advanced feature. Moreover, it's a free tool! So, why would you pay more?
- How to Add Link to PDF
- How to Extract Images from PDF on Mac
- The Best and Free Alternative to Smallpdf Editor
- The Best Free Sejda PDF Editor Alternative
- A Free iSkysoft PDF Editor Alternative
- How to Create Link for PDF
- How to Read PDF in 5 Ways
- How to Remove Text from PDF
- How to Save Web Page as PDF
- How to Resize Image in PDF for Free