There are several ways to split PDF pages for free by using free software tools online. But there are also security risks when it comes to disclosing personal information.
This post will show the numerous tools to assist you to handle the issue of how to divide PDFs with several free PDF splitters on the market.
Way 1. How to Unmerge PDF with UPDF
Using UPDF, the best PDF editor, you can split, edit, annotate, convert, and organize PDFs. UPDF makes it simple to split up large PDF files into smaller pages.
- The best approach to open and view a PDF document is to use the UPDF application. It also contains great annotation capabilities that make it easier to collaborate with others.
- Managing your PDF pages is also a breeze using this program. It's possible to divide a PDF document into numerous pages and organize the pages in various ways.
- It is also possible to alter the document's text and graphics using UPDF. Moreover, It is incredibly user-friendly, having a straightforward user interface that streamlines all tasks.
- Convert PDF files to Word, Excel, images, and other commonly used file types with UPDF's conversion tool.
To break PDF into pages, follow these steps:
Step 1. Open a PDF
The first step is to launch UPDF when the installation is complete, and then open the PDF file that you wish to split.
To access the page management tools, you will need to choose the "Organize Page" icon located on the toolbar on the left side of the screen.
Step 2. Can I Click "Split" to Divide PDF
After that, select the "Split" option from the page management toolbar to split the PDF pages.
Step 3. How to Break PDF into Pages by Page Numbers
In the third step, a pop-up window will emerge, from which you will be able to select the desired settings. UPDF allows you to split a PDF based on the number of pages. Input the number of pages for each document and click the "Split" button.
If you select to split the document into five-page parts, for example, and the original PDF document contains one hundred pages, the result will be twenty PDF files, each of which contains just five pages.
If you want to see more details about split PDF, you can watching the below video:
Way 2. How to Divide PDF with Adobe Acrobat
When it comes to the capability of splitting pages inside a PDF document, Adobe Acrobat is significantly superior to Adobe Reader. The method is easy to follow and yields excellent results. Follow these instructions in order to split PDF pages using Adobe Acrobat:
- Launch Adobe Acrobat on your computer, then in the top left corner of the window, select the "Tools" center to access its menu of options. Select "Organize Pages" from the list of available shortcuts located on the right pane of the window.
- You may choose the PDF file that you wish to spit by selecting it after clicking on the button that says "Select a File."
- When you have the document open in Adobe Acrobat, select "Split" from the menu at the top of the program.
- Apply the "Split By" drop-down option to choose the precise criteria you would want to use when dividing the PDF. These rules can include the number of pages, the size of the file, or even any top-level bookmarks that you may have. Once you have established the rules, click the "Split" button.
- After selecting a destination location for the newly produced PDF files by selecting "Output Options," you can then proceed to click "OK."
- To finish the procedure, you need to first click the "Split" option, and then click "OK" once more.
Way 3. How to Split PDF Online Free
There are many tools available online that you can use to split PDF files. iLovePDF's split PDF pages online option gives you the ability to specify exactly which page ranges of your PDF file you wish to split individual pages from. You are free to extract any number of unique page ranges from the PDF and even combine them into a single document if you so want.
Consider the following scenario: you have a PDF file that has 10 pages, but you only need pages 1-3, and 4-6. By using this mode, you may set your range to "1-3", and you can also select another range to "4-6". These page ranges will be extracted from your primary PDF file and stored as new PDF files when the extraction process is complete.
Proceed in the following manner:
- Go to the "Split PDF" free tool on iLovePDF.com.
- Choose the file that you want to divide from your local device, Google Drive, or Dropbox account, depending on where you want to split PDF into multiple files.
- Navigate to the option labeled Split by range, then choose the mode labeled Custom ranges.
- In the box that appears, type the page range that you wish to extract from the main PDF. To add another range, click the icon labeled "Add Range."
- Mark the box to indicate that you want to merge all of the ranges into a single PDF file.
- Click the button labeled "Split PDF".
Extra Tips You Should Remember when Split PDF Online
You should follow these tips to avoid any security and privacy issues while using online PDF split tools:
- Add a password to your document before uploading it to the internet to protect it.
- In order to use online tools, you must have an Internet connection.
- After completing the split, remove the document from the website.
- Use a more secure and dependable solution like UPDF to assist you.
Way 4. How to Separate PDF Pages with Google Chrome
Using Google Chrome is a simple and fast method to separate PDF pages. Here is how to split PDF pages with Google Chrome:
- Drag and drop the PDF file into the chrome window.
- Alternatively, you may right-click on the PDF file, pick "Open With" to open a PDF file and then choose Google Chrome from the list of apps.
- Click the printer icon. In the upper-right corner, there's an icon that looks like a printer.
- Select "Save as PDF" from the drop-down box next to "Destination."
- Select "Custom" from the drop-down option next to "Pages." With this feature, you may produce a new PDF document from a collection of PDF pages.
- Add pages to a new PDF by entering them in the text field underneath "Pages" in the drop-down menu. The first seven pages of a 10-page PDF can be split into two separate files, and the last three can be split into two separate files. You would put "1-7" in the pages area to produce a PDF file containing the first seven pages.
- To save your work, click the "Save" button. It's the lower-right corner blue button.
Comparison with 4 Tools to split PDF
|UPDF||Adobe Acrobat||iLovepdf||Google Chrome|
|System||Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android||Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android||Online||Online|
|Replace PDF pages|
|Display PDF like a slideshow|
It is clear that Google Chrome is free but with less functions in the system, and there is a chance that PDF file has been destroyed due to unstable internet since it is an online tool, which is same for iLovePDF. UPDF supports more functions than Adobe with reasonable price, it is obviously the best choice for users. More importantly it is an offline software secure the environment for users.
We discussed 4 main ways to split PDF pages into separate individual PDF documents. All of the methods are effective however we recommend you to use UPDF because it is more effective and offers you multiple features. It is a professional tool to edit PDF files. Also, it is a simple and easy-to-use PDF editor which is fast and accurate. Try it today!
- Top 10 Best Father's Day Gift Ideas 2023 for Every Type of Dad
- Foxit Reader Vs Adobe Reader: The Complete Comparison
- How to Find Word in PDF Documents
- Everything about GPT-5: Release Date, Rumors, Features, and More
- MacOS Sonoma: All You Want to Know
- PDF Expert Free Vs Paid: All You Need to Know
- 4 Best Ways to Convert HWP to PDF
- Adobe Reader Vs Adobe Acrobat: Head-to-Head Comparison
- Adobe Acrobat Standard Vs Pro: What Are Differences?
- iOS 17: Everything You Want to Know After WWDC 2023
- How to Combine Screenshots into One PDF? (Easy Ways)
- How to Translate PDF to Any Language with AI, Including ChatGPT
- Top 9 PDF Document Translators with AI
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today
- 4 Ways to Convert VSDX to PDF (With and Without Visio)