It shouldn't be a hassle to combine several PDF files. There are a few straightforward ways to combine PDFs together, whether you're developing a portfolio or just searching for ways to reduce the number of files you have to keep track of.
Fortunately, there are a number of free methods for merging PDFs, regardless of the operating system you're using. We will look at the Smallpdf merge tool in this article. Read on to find out detailed instructions on how to merge PDFs in Smallpdf.
Part 1. A Better Alternative to Smallpdf
There is no better product on the market than UPDF to replace the Smallpdf PDF merge tool. Its ability to work with multiple files is one of its most impressive features. Almost any PDF file and image file format can be combined or merged into a single PDF. The Batch Combine feature allows you to save time and increase work productivity without any hassle.
UPDF also provides complete PDF editing features like adding new text, modifying existing text, updating fonts, adding or replacing images, etc. You can use this tool to make changes to the content quickly. It has simple in-built options to edit the PDFs precisely. If you want to edit images on a PDF, UPDF is an awesome PDF image editor which allows you to crop, rotate, extract, replace, and resize the images easily.
UPDF is not just a PDF editor, it also provides many other features. You can add comments to your PDF documents for better collaboration. You can also set a password for your PDF document to protect sensitive information. UPDF is also a PDF converter to help you convert normal or scanned PDFs into editable formats within seconds!
For the time being, UPDF is compatible with Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS devices. UPDF has a variety of functions depending on whatever version you choose.
Using this tool to merge PDF files offline is very easy, please follow the steps below:
- Click the "Batch Combine" option after you open the UPDF program.
- Click the " + Add Files" option to add the files you want to merge.
- You can reorder the page as per your requirements.
- Click the "Apply" button to begin the combing process. You will get the combined file in a few seconds!
If you want to learn more about the instructions, please read our tutorial articles about how to merge PDFs.
Part 2. Advantages and Disadvantages of Merging PDFs with Smallpdf
There are many limitations to using the Smallpdf merging feature. Here are some tips to use the Smallpdf merging feature for your PDF files:
- You can only process up to 2 documents per day, which is very inconvenient for users.
- You can access limited tools for the free version of Smallpdf. For example, after you upload your files, you will see that only with the Pro version, you can rearrange the pages.
- The price for the Pro version of Smallpdf is US$108 per year.
- It is important to note that the Smallpdf merging tool does not allow you to edit files. For that, you will have to use a separate tool like UPDF.
Merging PDF files online has several disadvantages. The following are three good reasons to stop using online merging tools.
Creating a PDF via the Smallpdf combine tool is definitely one of the least secure approaches. Your papers must go via a third party before they are done if you use an online merger for a Word document. It's also possible that if you don't read the fine print, you won't know exactly what's going on with your paper.
Hackers are a concern, but there are other, less dramatic, but no less critical, dangers to be aware of. Another type of fraud is the stealing of a person's identity. It's unlikely that you'll be able to utilize an online merging tool from a non-disclosure agreement because of privacy concerns.
Using an online combined PDF Smallpdf tool necessitates access to the internet, which may seem self-evident. Traveling a lot might be inconvenient and prevent you from completing deadlines if you aren't online.
If you're traveling outside of the country, keep in mind roaming costs. You don't need to upload and download large files; instead, produce a PDF and be done with it.
There are several options that may be tweaked to improve the outcomes of merging documents into PDFs. Because of the lack of control over the merging process, using an online PDF merger may leave you with a document that needs substantial manual editing. It's possible that you'll have to throw it out altogether.
Compare UPDF with Smallpdf
|Security||All the files will be stored on your local storage, and you don't need to upload any documents to the internet.||You have to upload your documents to the website.|
|Convenience||Don't need to connect internet to use it.||You have to connect internet to use it.|
|Quality||High quality||It's possible that you'll have to throw PDF out altogether.|
Part 3. How to Combine PDFs in Smallpdf
You can merge PDFs on Smallpdf, which is an online service that provides a range of PDF utilities, without having to register an account or download a local piece of software. Merge two or more PDF files, eliminate the page thumbnails you do not want to preserve, and reorder them according to your preferences.
The tool does not place a limit on the number of documents that may be combined, and it allows you to drag & drop files directly into it.
In addition to the "Choose File" option, which allows you to open PDFs stored on your local hard drive, you have the ability to import these digital documents from either Dropbox or Google Drive. You should be able to locate these choices on the right-hand side of the drop-down menu.
Here is how to merge PDF Smallpdf:
- Open the 'Merge PDF' tool from the Smallpdf website.
- Click the "Choose Files" button on the website and select the PDFs you want to merge. You are free to upload as many PDF files as you wish.
- There will be two options: Merge files, and Merge page(Pro). If you are using the free version of Smallpdf, you can choose the "Merge files" option. If you want to just merge some pages, you need to upgrade to its Pro version.
- Rearrange the files in the preview window to the desired order.
- To merge PDFs, click "Merge PDFs" and save your file.
In this article, we introduced how to merge PDFs with Smallpdf, the advantages, and disadvantages of it, and we also introduced a better option - UPDF for you. After reading this article, you will be very clear that there are many risks and limitations to using online tools. To avoid all the drawbacks, you'd better use UPDF on your desktop. It doesn't have any limitations, and you can combine as many files as you want in seconds. It also offers many advanced PDF features such as OCR. Try it free now!
- Como Cortar PDF em 2 Métodos Fáceis
- The Hidden Features of UPDF That You Don't Know
- Como imprimir PDF como livreto no Windows e Mac
- How to Create an Electronic Signature in PDF Flawlessly
- How to Modify a PDF Online Easily and Quickly
- How to Modify a PDF on Mac Effortlessly
- How to Save a Fillable PDF on Windows and Mac
- Top 5 Easy and Dominant Signature Makers
- How to Edit PDF Android – A Detailed Guide to UPDF
- Einfache 3 Methoden zum Entfernen von Links aus PDF