One of the most sought-after features in today's software is the ability to merge PDF files. This article will provide you with information on the top ten PDF merger software, along with full introductions to each program, so that you can select the one that meets your needs the most effective.
Merging PDF files is vital if you want to have all of the important information in just one file, rather than searching for it in many files, and if you want to avoid unnecessary duplication. By doing things in this manner, not only do you get the opportunity to save time, but you also spare yourself the trouble of having to deal with different attachments. Check the best 10 PDF combiners for desktops and online on this article.
Part 1. Top 5 PDF Combiners for Desktops
You will need the best PDF joiner software, which will make it simple for you to merge multiple PDF files into a single document.
We will walk you through a number of different software options, each of which will fulfill your specifications and make the PDF merging process run smoothly.
When it comes to editing PDF files, UPDF is an outstanding choice for both Windows and Mac users. You may view, edit, convert, OCR, encrypt, organize, and annotate PDF files without any hassle.
It's amazing how easy it is to combine or merge any PDF file, whether it is a native or scanned version. You may rearrange the documents and pages to meet your specific requirements by utilizing the handy drag-and-drop tool.
Even better, the enormous page thumbnails make it simple to distinguish between the various pages. Adding batch processing and high-quality output, UPDF provides you with total control over the output and greatly simplifies the workflow. UPDF is the best PDF merger software on the list.
In order to meet the demands of an office setting, the PDF editor has been built to speed up the editing process.
- You may highlight, underline, and strikethrough text in your PDF document using its advanced capabilities. Sticky notes, different shapes, and comments may also be added.
- Your PDF files can also be signed by you and shared with your friends or co-workers.
- In addition, you'll have complete control over your PDF document's layout and design. You may also make changes to the text and images in your PDF files with UPDF.
- Using UPDF as a PDF converter will allow you to export your PDF files to Microsoft Word or Excel, etc.
- All four major operating systems (Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android) are now supported by UPDF. The features of UPDF change depending on whatever version you choose.
- UPDF is simple to use, even for first-timers.
- The all-in-one PDF tool allows you to perform all operations in one place to save time.
- Achieved high conversion accuracy while preserving the original format.
- 100% secure and reliable.
- Update and make improvements frequently. Many more features are on their way in the next months.
2. Adobe Acrobat Pro DC
This tool is one of the oldest PDF binders on the market. It allows you to merge PDF files with Adobe. Besides splitting and merging PDF files, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC lets you manage the same document by removing, rotating, arranging, inserting, and replacing pages as needed. Professional file structures are promised in the shortest amount of time feasible, saving you both time and effort.
However, this tool is very expensive and it is a little overwhelming as there are many features that we actually don't need. It is also hard for users to find the position of the tools they need. When talking about the interface, you will find that Acrobat's interface is a little old-fashioned. What's more important? Acrobat is very slow and it may crash when you open large PDF files. On the contrary, UPDF is a lot faster and you can open a large house plan in seconds! Learn more about the comparison between Adobe Acrobat and UPDF.
- Splits and merges PDF files.
- Allows for the extraction and insertion of PDF pages.
- Allows you to organize the merged PDFs before putting them together
- Allows for quick page identification and categorization by providing thumbnails.
- Allows for the much-desired drag-and-drop functionality.
- It's rather costly.
- It has a low speed to open and load PDF files.
- It is complicated to use.
3. PDFSam Basic
PDFSam Basic is both a PDF merger & splitter tool. You may select to combine single pages, page ranges, or full PDFs, just as you can with any other PDF Converter.
By allowing you to drop current bookmarks and add new ones, this program goes above and beyond to assist arrange the bookmarks of the combined PDF documents.
You may also add a table of contents to the combined PDF to make it easier to find what you're looking for. It's also possible to rotate each page of the PDFs, mix them by selecting pages from each PDF alternately, as well as the ability to divide PDFs into predetermined pages, after every page, and so on, as well as by size or bookmark.
However, the Basic version only has limited features as shown in the image below. It doesn't provide any advanced features, such as editing, converting, OCR, etc. Here is the detailed comparison between UPDF and PDFsam.
- Allows you to rotate PDFs before merging them into one.
- A table of contents may be added using this feature.
- As a PDF splitter, it's also quite useful.
- It's possible to mix and match different types of PDFs.
- Supports partial merging of PDF files
- Java is required to run this application.
- No editing feature is available.
- No advanced features are available.
4. Soda PDF Desktop
As a PDF merger, Soda PDF works both online and on the desktop. Among Soda PDF's online tools is the ability to merge PDF files. Soda PDF's online version is more popular, but you may still use the desktop version to work offline. As an added bonus, it integrates with well-known online storage providers like Google Drive and Dropbox.
You can re-arrange the PDF files you want to combine once you've added them. While you can change the page size and orientation, the PDF pages stay in their original format. You may also eliminate any unnecessary pages from the original document by using the PDF Split tool.
- Options for bulk PDF import
- Dropbox and Google Drive cloud storage services can be used together.
- Keeps the original dimensions and orientation of the PDF.
- Offers a PDF Splitting tool.
- It may be accessed both online and offline
- Unlike the paid version, the free version has a restriction on storage space and daily usage.
- It is not safe to use online tools as you'll have to upload your files to the internet.
- It is not stable.
5. iLovePDF Desktop
iLovePDF also has a desktop version for those who prefer to work offline. It allows you to merge multiple PDF files and then download the result.
Once the combined PDF files are created, you have the option to rotate and reorganize them alphabetically, including in reverse, or simply drag and drop PDFs to define a specific order before exporting. It is a PDF combiner free download option.
When it comes to storing PDFs, Google Drive and Dropbox cloud services are linked, allowing for easy import and saving of files. Encrypted connections mean that your papers are safe from prying eyes, while yet allowing for high levels of productivity.
- Allows you to rotate PDFs prior to merging.
- Google Drive and Dropbox services are supported.
- A limited free version
- There are only a few features in the desktop version
- No advanced features are available
Part 2. Top 5 PDF Merger Free Online
To combine numerous PDFs into a single document, there are a number of free or low-cost PDF joiner online applications you may use. Nevertheless, how do you choose? These are the ones with useful features that we've compiled for your convenience.
6. PDF Converter
Using PDF Converter is an online way to combine PDF files. You may merge PDFs, Word documents, pictures, and more through a smooth conversion process.
Allows you to drag and drop files in order to reorganize them with ease using the web-based merging tool to save space on your computer, you can compress your new PDF once it has been created.
This tool's name is deceptive, which is the only problem. You may only do one free merging per hour with PDF Converter. As a result, unless you upgrade to a Premium membership, you'll have to wait 60 minutes before merging any more files. A one-time lifetime license with priority account support can be purchased as a monthly, annual, or one-time purchase.
- Simple and quick conversion of documents
- Rearrange files by dragging and dropping them.
- There can only be one free merging each hour.
- Only if you purchase a premium subscription, you can get access to dedicated customer service.
7. Combine PDF Online
Using this online PDF merger tool, you may merge up to 20 PDF or picture files into a single document and re-arrange their pages as you choose. All uploaded or produced file data is automatically erased after an hour as an added security measure.
With the Combine PDF binder, you don't have to start off with just one type of file in order to get the most out of it, unlike with other applications. Combine PDF may combine several PDF files, whether they were originally created in DOC, JPEG, or PNG format.
In addition to converting PDF files to.doc,.docx,.jpg, and.png, the program also offers a wide range of additional functions.
- Has a free version to use
- Limited features
- Only allows you to merge up to 20 files
- Many ads
8. DocuPub Online PDFmerge
Although this straightforward web application may not have all of the bells and whistles that are provided by its competitors, it does make the process of document merging more streamlined and expedient.
When it comes to uploading files, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are the most common file types that may be used.
Individual files uploaded for merging should not exceed 20 megabytes in size for this software program.
- Supports merging multiple file formats
- The maximum file size is 20 MB
- It is not safe and stable to use online services
9. Adobe Acrobat Online
Over the years, Adobe has taken a lot of steps to improve its product and provide new features, such as the business that invented the PDF. Now it launches an online PDF tool too. This online tool can act as an online PDF merger to help you merge PDFs online.
This online PDF combiner makes it so simple to combine or merge documents should come as no surprise. All you need to do is upload the files from your computer and begin to merge.
- Supports multiple formats
- Completely online
- Requires paid subscriptions
- It releases the online version only for a short time.
Smallpdf is useful if you want to use it only one-time. Besides being a PDF joiner online, this platform also provides capabilities for changing document types, signing PDFs, and safeguarding documents.
You may drag and drop files to reorganize your PDFs using SmallPDF's thumbnail view. Additionally, while combining documents, you may remove certain pages, such as cover pages or unnecessary sheets. It's possible to save the resulting file to Dropbox or Google Drive after merging your PDFs.
However, Smallpdf only allows you to process up to 2 documents per day. And it has many limited features that you'll have to upgrade your plan.
- Consists of tools for converting documents
- Individual pages can be deleted during a merging
- Many features need to upgrade to the paid subscription
- Process up to 2 documents per day
Comparing the Top 10 PDF Combiners with a Chart
|UPDF||Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android||US$29.99/Year|
|Adobe Acrobat||Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android||US$239.88/Year||No limitations||4.8|
|PDFSam Basic||Windows, Mac, Linux||Free||1. Java is required to run this application.|
2. Only a few features are available
|Soda PDF Desktop||Windows, iOS, and Android (No Mac version)||Pro: US$52.88/Year|
|iLovePDF Desktop||Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android||$48/Year||Features are not rich.||3.2|
|PDF Converter (Online)||Web||Free||There can only be one free merging each hour||3.0|
|Combine PDF Online||Web||Free||Only allows you to merge up to 20 files||3.2|
|DocuPub (Online)||Web||Free||The maximum file size is 20 MB||3.1|
|Acrobat Online||Web||Free||1. It releases the online version only for a short time.|
2. It has only a few features available.
|SmallPDF||Web||Free||1. Process up to 2 documents per day|
2. Many features need to upgrade to the paid subscription
Conclusion: Choosing the best PDF merge tool depends on what your specific demands are. If you choose to use online PDF joiners, you need to check the security of your documents. It is a lot better for you to choose a desktop solution. We recommend you use UPDF for merging your PDF files. As we already talked about, it has the most friendly user interface with lightning-fast speed. Click the Free Download button to try it free, and you can also check the top PDF mergers for Mac.
- How to Use ChatGPT Read PDF Files with 3 Ways
- Nitro Vs Foxit: Which One is Better?
- How to Transfer PDFs Between iPad/iPhone/Android and Windows/Mac?
- How to Fix Windows 10/11 Desktop Icons Missing After Restarting? (6 Effective Ways)
- Notion AI vs. ChatGPT, Which One is Better to Use?
- What is Notion AI and Everything You Need to Know about Notion AI
- How to Hide Icons on a Mac Desktop? (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How to Customize Mac Desktop? The Ultimate Guide (macOS 14 Compatible)
- How To Save PowerPoint as PDF with Notes
- 7 Methods to Turn a Slideshow into PDF
- How to Password Protect PowerPoint: Restrict Editing/Printing/Accessing
- 4 New Ways to Edit PDFs on Chromebook
- How to Make A Fillable PDF in Google Docs
- Top 4 PowerPoint Alternatives in 2023
- How to Create a Poster in PowerPoint