Do you need to merge many files into a single document? A single document might contain numerous PDF files, making it difficult to organize and search for specific information inside the document. You'll need a PDF program like Foxit to merge or combine PDF files. In this article, we'll demonstrate how to merge PDF files with Foxit Reader, Foxit PDF Editor, and the Foxit Online tool. We also introduce a Foxit alternative to help you save your budget and improve efficiency.
Part 1. A Better Alternative to Foxit PDF Editor
Before introducing the steps to merging PDFs with Foxit, we should know that Foxit costs you $149 per year, and many people would like to use a cost-effective alternative. What's more important? Foxit's user interface is a little old-fashioned and the features are a little overwhelming.
It's difficult to find a better replacement for Foxit PDF Editor than UPDF. It is a relatively new PDF editor on the market, but it has many of the same capabilities as Foxit PDF Editor at a really reasonable price. UPDF has a user interface that is both useful and comfortable, making it simple to use. It is also very fast to open and load your PDF documents.
This Foxit alternative offers two valuable methods to merge PDFs. Follow the instructions below:
Method 1. Use the "Batch Combine" Feature
- Step 1. Run UPDF and click the "Batch Combine" option.
- Step 2. Add files to the list. You can add PDF files and image files (JPG, JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, GIF). It also allows you to add files and folders to the list.
- Step 3. After adding the files, you can rearrange the order of the pages. And if you want to remove some specific file from the list, select the file, click the "Three Dots" icon and choose "Remove File".
- Step 4. Finally, click the "Apply" button to combine all the files into a single PDF file. You can select a folder and the combined PDF file will be saved automatically.
Method 2. Use the "Insert" Page Feature
- Step 1. Open a PDF in UPDF by clicking the "Open File" button on the main interface. Or drag the file into the interface directly.
- Step 2. Find the "Organize Pages" icon on the left toolbar.
- Step 3. Click the "Insert" option and then choose the "From File..." option.
- Step 4. Choose the other PDF file you want to merge and click "Open". If you want to merge more than 2 files, simply click the insert option again.
- Step 5. The multiple PDF files will become one single PDF file. Finally, click "File > Save" to save the merged PDF file on your computer.
You may be more interested in all the features of UPDF since you're seeking a program that can annotate, edit, and convert PDFs. These features are broken down as follows:
- Your PDF document may be edited directly, which includes adding, editing, and removing text, as well as adding photos, rotating, cropping, extracting, replacing, and removing the images.
- You can open any PDF file and annotate it as you read with this app, making it one of the greatest PDF readers out there.
- It contains a good PDF converter feature to turn PDFs into Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, Text, and a lot of other formats.
- It contains an OCR capability to recognize text in scanned or image-based PDFs.
- UPDF's PDF security features include a slew of options for securing your document with passwords and permissions.
You can check the full comparison between Foxit and UPDF if you have further questions. You can also give UPDF a try by free downloading it.
Part 2. How to Merge PDFs in Foxit Reader
Can I merge PDFs in Foxit Reader?
You cannot merge PDF files using the Foxit Reader. The merge feature is not available in the Foxit Reader.
Basically, the Foxit Reader is just a PDF viewer. You can only view, annotate, and sign PDFs with the application.
However, the Foxit Reader doesn't have the feature to merge PDFs. If you want to combine PDF files using Foxit, you will have to use the premium PhantomPDF version. There are no other advanced features in Foxit Reader at all.
Part 3. How to Combine PDFs with Foxit PDF Editor
First of all, the Foxit PhantomPDF no longer exists, as the name has changed to Foxit PDF Editor. The Foxit PDF Editor is the hero product from Foxit currently and it is an all-in-one solution. Below are the instructions for you to combine PDFs with Foxit PDF Editor:
Step 1. Select "Merge PDF" in Foxit
First of all, open the Foxit PDF Editor application. On the Start page, you can see the option "Merge PDF". Click the "Use Now" option to start.
Alternatively, create a PDF from multiple files by selecting the option in the "File" menu and then selecting "Combine Files"
Step 2. Add Files to Foxit
Add files to your document by clicking the "Add Files" button. Most Microsoft applications, PDFs, and photos of all kinds may be included.
Foxit allows you to search for files in a separate window. A single file can be selected by selecting it once and then clicking "Open." Open by holding down the Ctrl key while clicking on numerous files.
Add your files and they will appear in the list with their names and other details. Clicking "Move Up" or "Move Down" will move the files in this list up or down the list.
Step 3. Combine PDFs in Foxit PDF Editor
After you add all the files, click the "Combine" button on the top toolbar.
Your combined PDF is going to be saved in a new window that asks you for a location and a name. Click "Save" when you've selected where to save your file and what to call it.
The progress of the PDF will be shown in a status bar.
Part 4. How to Merge PDF with Foxit Online
Foxit online tool can also merge PDFs. Here is how to combine PDFs using Foxit online tool:
- Upload your PDF files by dragging and dropping them into the Foxit online PDF combiner. The files you've added will appear in the tool's drop-down menu.
- The Up and Down arrows may be used to reorder the files, or the trash button can be used to remove a file.
- Once you've clicked 'Start Now', the PDF files will be combined.
- When the merge is complete, a window will appear allowing you to download the combined file.
Part 5. Comparing All the 4 Tools
After introducing all the 4 methods to merge PDF files, you may wonder which tool should you choose. Don't worry, we make a chart to help you make your decision by comparing the pricing, systems, features, stability, security, and ratings. Clearly UPDF is the best option when you compare all the aspects. Give it a try.
|Items||UPDF||Foxit Reader||Foxit PDF Editor||Foxit Online|
(One license can be used on all platforms.)
(Windows and Mac don't share a license)
|Systems||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android||Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux||Windows, Mac||Web|
|Interface||UPDF has a user-friendly, intuitive, and beautiful interface.||Medium||The Interface is a little complicated and sometimes it is hard for users to find tools.||The online tool only takes one side of the page, which is confusing.|
|Stability and Security||High stability and security. It can open large PDFs within a few seconds!||Medium||It crashes sometimes when loading large PDFs.||Online tools are not stable and safe.|
Part 5. FAQs on Merging PDF with Foxit
How do I merge PDF files in Foxit?
Here is how to merge PDF files using Foxit:
- Open Foxit PDF Editor.
- Click "Use Now" in the "Merge PDF" section.
- Add Files to the window.
- Merge by clicking the "Combine" button.
Merging PDFs with Foxit is a little complicated and slow, and it will cost you a lot. Why not switch to UPDF? It will give you the best speed and experience to combine PDF files.
Can you combine PDF files in Foxit Reader?
No, you cannot combine PDF files in Foxit Reader. You will have to buy the Foxit PDF Editor to use the merge feature.
Is it free to merge PDF files in Foxit?
No, the free Foxit Reader doesn't have the merge feature, and you will have to buy the Foxit PDF Editor to merge your PDF files.
Conclusion: Foxit offers multiple ways to merge PDF files, and you can either use the desktop version or the online version of Foxit to do it. However, the online version is not stable and there are limitations on the file formats and size. The desktop version is a little expensive for everyone. Why not use UPDF? UPDF is a more cost-effective option and it offers a better experience when dealing with PDF documents. Give it a try!
- How to Create Drop Down List in Excel? (The Complete Guide)
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Use ChatGPT to Write a Resume
- ChatGPT vs. Siri, What are the Differences? Who Will Be the Winner in the AI Race?
- How to Use ChatGPT to Improve Your Work Productivity
- Extract Pages from Word with 3 Easy Ways
- An Easy & Unique Way to Create PDF from Images
- How to Insert Checkbox in Excel? (5 Easy Ways)
- 8 Solutions for Adobe Acrobat Not Opening
- How to Add Text to The Beginning and End of Cell in Excel? (The Easiest Ways)
- How to Insert an Excel File to PPT
- How to Download and Use ChatGPT for Mac Safely?
- How to Convert, Import, and Export PPT to Excel for Free
- How to Embed Fonts in PowerPoint on Win/Mac
- GPT-4 vs. GPT-3.5, Which Version is Better?
- How to Copy PDF to PowerPoint