It's no secret that the Smallpdf editor is the go-to alternative to Microsoft Word when it comes to creating a nice-looking PDF.
But is it THE best? It'd be pretty hard for me to say 'no,' but I'm going to say it anyway.
Although I think that Smallpdf editor is a very good PDF editing tool, I think it is not the best. Why? Because there are tons of alternatives to this PDF editing tool. They can do much more than what the Smallpdf editor can do. We will discuss one such powerful alternative in this blog - UPDF.
- The Best and Free Alternative to Smallpdf Editor
- How to Edit PDF with Smallpdf Alternative
- Things You Should Know about Smallpdf
So let's now discuss which better options can we use?
The Best and Free Alternative to Smallpdf Editor in the World
UPDF is one of the best free PDF editors available on Windows and Mac. Few PDF editors are really free, but UPDF is beyond our expectations and it is really free! No watermarks, no file size limits, no time limits, no ad. You can use its full features of it.
Here's why UPDF is your best alternative to Smallpdf editor:
- You can use it to add, modify and edit the text in PDF documents. Editing an image in PDF is also easy for users.
- Four reading modes are available: single-page view, two-page view, scrolling, and two-page scrolling.
- Add bookmarks to a PDF document.
- Rotate, delete, and extract pages from PDF.
- Add comments to PDF document, including highlights, notes, text boxes, etc.
Reasons to replace SmallPDF editor with UPDF:
- UPDF is a real free PDF software.
- It is desktop software so you don't need to upload your files to websites.
- It is more secure.
- It has no limitations at all.
How to Edit PDF with Smallpdf Alternative
If you want to edit a PDF document, you'd better use a desktop tool, which is more stable, and more secure. The following are the steps to edit a PDF with UPDF, which is the best Smallpdf alternative.
Step 1. Open the PDF Document
To edit a PDF, you should open it in UPDF first. There are two ways to open a PDF:
- Drag the PDF document into the UPDF interface.
- Click the "Open File" button on the main interface and select the PDF document to open.
Step 2. Go to Edit Tab
After you open the PDF document, you will see there are three main menus on the top toolbar. There is "Comment, Edit, Page". If you want to edit the text and images, you should click the "Edit" tab.
Step 3. Add Text to PDF
Once you click the "Edit" tab, you will see there are two options that appear: Add Text and Add Image. Click the "Add Text" icon if you want to add new text to a PDF document. Click anywhere on the PDF document and then you can start writing on it.
Step 4. Edit Text and Images
You can also edit the text on the PDF document. Click on the text you want to edit and then you can copy, cut, delete, and edit the text.
You can edit the images. Click any of the images, and then you will see the editing options, including crop, replace, extract, etc. Edit the image according to your needs.
Things You Should Know about Smallpdf
The majority of the reviews from users who tried Smallpdf complain about the app's inability to effectively compress PDF documents. Some customers even went as far as saying that 'Smallpdf has no compression at all!'.
- 1) The price is among the highest in the industry
- 2) It doesn't convert all ebook pdf formats
- 3) Pdf Conversion speed is ridiculously slow. For example, converting a 1 MB file can take up to 15 minutes!
- 4) Smallpdf editor has a limited period of the 14-day trial. This can be a little tricky for users to understand how to use it or even see if the Smallpdf editor meets their needs.
- 5) Smallpdf's interface is time-consuming while you do conversions
The conclusion is rather simple: in the end, UPDF edges out the competition in nearly every way. It's faster, it has more features, and it's friendlier to use. But most importantly, it remains one of the few viable alternatives to the Smallpdf editor out there. For that reason alone, it deserves a try-especially for those who struggle with Smallpdf's user interface.
UPDF is the best alternative to the Smallpdf editor. It's a free, secure, and easy-to-use application. In short, it's everything that you might want from a PDF editor. If you're looking for software for PDF file editing, feel free to give UPDF a try. You won't be disappointed.
- How UPDF Help you Enjoy Reading PDF Books
- Share PDF
- Annotate PDF
- How UPDF Help Students Improve the Productivity of Reading PDF Books?
- How Teachers can Improve the Productivity of Reviewing PDF Papers?
- Most Common PDF File Errors and Solutions
- Add Watermark
- Add Link
- Add Bookmark
- Why Use PDF File Instead of Word, Excel, or PowerPoint Files