PDF is a reliable file format for presenting and exchanging documents! It's due to these features that most people around the world opt for creating PDF files. Almost 2.5 trillion PDF documents are created annually; some guess the amount is 4x more! You can estimate the PDF's importance from these considerable figures.
If you also want to create a PDF for one reason or another, you have landed in the right place. In this article, we will discuss different methods of PDF creation. Let's dive in!
Way 1. How to Create a Blank PDF
Although there are several tools you can use to create a blank PDF, none of them can stand out against the impressive features of the UPDF! UPDF is undoubtedly the best-of-the-best PDF software, widely considered an all-in-one solution for all PDF-related concerns. So, here it is to help you create a blank PDF!
Before hopping to the steps to answer the query about how to make PDF file, why not have a quick glance at some of the UPDF's noteworthy features and advantages?
- PDF Editing - This enables you to add text, images, and links and remove and edit these to alter your PDF according to your desire.
- PDF Viewing - Allows you to view PDF in different display modes, i.e., Single Page, Two Page View, and more.
- PDF Organizing - You can organize PDF pages, adding, deleting, replacing, extracting, splitting, or extracting them.
- PDF Annotation - Annotating PDF is much easier with UPDF! It enables adding comments, text markups, shapes, and more. You can also undo or delete your annotation.
- PDF Conversion - You can convert your PDF file into 14 formats. Moreover, OCR technology makes converting scanned PDF to real text accessible.
- PDF Protection - It allows you to protect your PDF by adding an open or permission password. You can also remove security from an already protected PDF.
Advantages of UPDF
- It enables you to open and view PDFs in different reading modes.
- Its user-friendly and attractive interface has made PDF editing fun!
- It allows five free PDF conversions into any of the 14 different formats.
- It uses advanced OCR technology for the swift and accurate conversion of the scanned PDF document into the editable real text format.
- It has broad compatibility, i.e., it can be used on Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
Steps to Create a Blank PDF with UPDF
Here are the step-by-step guidelines on how to create a blank PDF and make it dedicated and beautiful using proper tools!
Step 1: Make a Blank PDF
- Download and install UPDF from the official website. Once the installation is complete, launch the software.
- Go to the "File" section, click the "Create" icon. From the multiple options popping up, choose "Blank Pages".
The PDF will be created automatically; to add content to it, move to the next step.
Step 2: Add Text to PDF
Now you can add content to your PDF document, customize and design it according to your needs. First of all, you may want to add some text to the document.
- Click the "Edit PDF" icon on the left toolbar to enter the editing mode. Navigate to the "Text" icon on top and click on it.
- Click anywhere on the blank PDF to add the text. You can now begin typing smoothly, just like you are typing on a word processor. You can also set or change the font, font size, color, and other styles for the text.
- When you are done typing the text, simply tap anywhere outside the box.
Step 3. Add Image to PDF
In the editing mode, you will also find the "Image" option right on the top; click on it. The option will turn purple.
- Now click on the PDF part where you want to insert an image and select the image from the computer.
- You can also crop, resize, extract, replace, rotate, or delete the image.
Step 4. Add Links to PDF
Within the editing mode, navigate to the "Link" icon on the top and click on it. Select anywhere in the PDF where you want to insert the link. Now, choose the Link type, i.e., Link to Web or Link to Page.
- Link to Web: Provide the URL you want to link.
- Link to Page: Enter the page number of the same PDF to link it.
Step 5. Add Watermark, Background, Header, and Footer to PDF
Here is how you can add a watermark, background, header, and footer to your PDF.
Adding a Watermark to PDF
To add a watermark to PDF, click on the "Page Tool" icon in the left bar, and then from the top select the "Watermark" option.
- Click the "Add" button.
- UPDF supports 3 types of watermarks: Text, Image, and PDF file. You can select the type you want.
- You can set the ratio, opacity, and direction of the watermark. UPDF also supports adding a tiled watermark if you need it.
- When done, click on Save, and then choose Apply.
Adding a Background to PDF
This tool also supports to add background to PDF with 3 types: color, image, and PDF file.
- Click "Add" after you choose the "Background" option.
- Customize the types, ratio, and opacity of the background.
- Click "Save" and then "Apply".
You can always be able to change PDF background color or remove it using this tool.
Adding Header and Footer to PDF
- In the same Page Tool mode and click on "Header and Footer".
- Click the "Add" button to open the header and footer creation window.
- From layout, font size, and font color to font style, and more, you can customize everything according to your need.
- Click "Save" and then select "Apply" to add a header and footer to your PDF.
Step 6. Save the Dedicated PDF You Just Created
When done with editing the PDF and adding all that you need to make your PDF way impressive and worth presentable, go to the File section and click Save to save it.
This method is the best and gives you more control over the PDF customization, as you can start making the PDF from scratch, adding the content according to your need, and designing the PDF in the best way possible.
Way 2. How to Create a PDF from Captured Image?
Stuck with how to create a PDF file from capture? UPDF, being the all-in-one solution, has covered you this time, too. Besides converting a blank PDF from scratch, it also enables you to make a PDF from captured images. However, this feature is available on Mac only.
The starting step for all three methods is the same; let's have a look at it!
Step 1: Create a PDF from Captured Image
Go to the "File" section and select "Create".
Tip: The alternate way is to hit the UPDF icon on the menu bar; the creation feature will appear.
Step 2: Select Capture Mode
Now, in the Create, you have to choose among different modes: PDF from Selection Capture, PDF from Window Capture, and PDF from Screen Capture.
Mode 1: PDF from Selection Capture
In this mode, you can capture a specific part of your screen. Follow the steps for doing so:
- Drag the cropping tool to the part of the screen which you want to capture.
- Release your mouse hold to the finish.
Mode 2: PDF from Window Capture
This capturing mode can capture an entire window application. You have to choose the window you want to be captured.
Mode 3: PDF from Screen Capture
In PDF from screen capture mode, UPDF will automatically capture your entire screen, converting it into PDF.
Next, you will be prompted to enter the name and location of the newly created PDF.
Step 3: Save Your PDF File
When you are done with all the editing stuff, utilizing amazing editing tools featured in UPDF, proceed to the last step, i.e., saving the PDF file! Do so by selecting "Save" from the "File" menu.
Way 3. How to Create a PDF from Office Formats?
You can also create a PDF from Word, Excel, and other MS Office formats. It's pretty easy, just follow the steps mentioned below, and that's it!
- Step 1: Whatever the Office platform you are working on, if you want to save your Office file as a PDF, navigate to the "File" section.
- Step 2: If your file is already saved, go to Save a copy and if your file is not saved, choose "Save As".
- Step 3: Click "Browse" to search for the location where you want to save your PDF file.
- Step 4: From the drop-down menu, select "PDF" and hit "Save".
Although this method is an easy and swift way to create a PDF, it has drawbacks. You can opt for it to save a PDF file, but you can't edit it. To edit the PDF, you must look for other PDF software, like UPDF.
Way 4. How to Create a PDF Online for Free?
Wondering how to make a PDF online? You will find several options out there. Search for "Free Online PDF Creators", choose one, and follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Hop onto any online PDF creator's website and select the specific conversion tool according to your need. For instance, if you want to make PDF from Word, select it.
- Step 2: Proceed with uploading your file to the website; mostly, the conversion begins right after.
- Step 3: Save or download the created PDF, and you are done!
Drawbacks of Using This Method
One of the major drawbacks of using this method is that most online PDF-creating tools cannot edit the text within the PDF. Moreover, these prove helpless when trying to make media-rich PDF files.
Another drawback established firms face is that these tools are not adapted to the international data privacy standards for uploaded documents.
And there will be many limitations to using these tools, such as the free version only allows you to convert several files, your PDF file can't reach 50 pages, your file size can't exceed 50M, etc.
Online tools rely on your internet so you have to make sure your internet is good, or it will affect the results of the conversion process.
There are so many disadvantages to using online tools, why not switch to UPDF? It is a desktop software that always ensures you a safe environment and stable performance. It also provides more advanced features like editing, annotating, OCR, etc. Try it out today.
Way 5. How to Create a PDF with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC?
Here is your answer to how to make a PDF file with Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
- Step 1: Start by selecting "Create PDF" tool from the Tool Center.
- Step 2: In the next popping-up window, click "Select a File".
- Step 3: Select the file you want to make a PDF from and hit the "Open" button.
- Step 4: When the thumbnail image of the file shows, choose to "Create". Acrobat will proceed with converting the file and then Save your created PDF.
Cons of Using This Method
Although Acrobat is worldly known platform, it still faces backlash due to its inflated pricing plans. You have to pay to access different features of it. Moreover, its interface is also complex to use for most beginners. It is better for you to choose a cheaper Adobe Acrobat alternative and use all the features at a more reasonable price. UPDF is the best option available for you, as it not only provides rich features but also has an easy-to-use interface.
As PDF is a versatile file format, you might need to make one when working in the office or studying at university. In that case, you will end up searching for ways to create PDFs. However, in this article, we have summarized the five methods to make a PDF.
Out of all, making a black PDF with UPDF is the best option; this way, you get more control over the PDF customization. Utilizing different editing tools, UPDF comes with you can acquire the PDF you want.
The Black Friday sale is currently going on, offering 40% off on the UPDF's pricing. Isn't that amazing? You should surely not skip it. Hop onto the UPDF website to learn more about it!
- Top 12 Best Cross-Platform Productivity Apps 2023 to Streamline Workflow Efficiency
- 20 Best Productivity Tips and Hacks to Improve Workflow in 2023
- Exploring GPT-4 and Comparing its Features with ChatGPT
- 5 Most Useful Tips to Help You Work Faster
- PDF vs Word Docx - What are the Key Differences?
- Apple Events of the Whole Year of 2023 - Everything We Know
- Everything We Know About WWDC 2023 So Far
- How to Make Time Go Faster at Work in 5 Ways
- Google Bard Vs. Bing ChatGPT: The Battle for AI Search Engine Supremacy
- Top 10 Ways to Improve Work Performance