A scanned PDF is difficult to edit unless it is converted to an editable version. With the advancement of technology, it is no longer difficult to do the conversion. There are different tools and techniques to convert scanned PDF to editable PDF. Using OCR or optical character recognition is the most effective way to do the conversion. This is what this article focuses on. Continue reading.....
How to Convert Scanned PDF to Editable PDF
It is easy to convert scanned PDF to editable PDF using UPDF Converter. This is an easy-to-use and versatile converter. The tool allows you to do professional PDF conversion. It offers consistency, accuracy, and the right security to guarantee the privacy and confidentiality of your information. The OCR feature allows you to convert a batch of scanned PDFs at a go. This is what makes it a time-saver tool to use.
Step 1: Add Scanned PDF
Open the UPDF Converter and then tap the "Add Files" button to import the scanned PDF files you want to convert to editable PDFs. You can also drag and drop them from your local drive.
Step 2. Turn On OCR
Click the three vertical dots next to the scanned PDF.
In the right panel, now toggle the OCR setting slider to "ON " to enable it.
Step 3. Set the OCR Settings
- Choose the language and number of pages of the scanned PDF that you want to convert to an editable version. It supports twenty-three languages, so choose the appropriate language in the list provided.
- Tap "Apply all " if you want to use OCR to convert all the scanned PDFs.
Step 4. Choose the Output Format (You can choose the PDF/A)
Close the OCR setting and pick the output format that you would like to convert to. In this case, you can select to convert scanned PDF to Word or the PDF/A. To edit the PDF, you can also convert scanned PDF to text.
Step 5. Convert Scanned PDF to Editable PDF
- You are now ready to convert the scanned PDF to editable PDF.
- Click the "Go" button to run the OCR to convert the scanned PDFs to the editable version. The converted documents get saved and the destination folder is displayed on the screen.
- Once the editable PDF is created, you can access it and do the changes you want. You get an editable PDF with same format like the original file.
How to Convert Scanned PDF to Editable PDF Online
Soda soft is one of the tools you can use to convert OCR PDF to editable PDF online. The tool uses Optical Character Recognition to convert the scanned PDF into an editable PDF. The OCR recognition helps retain the quality of the original file. Here are steps to use.
- Visit the soda PDF site.
- Go to the free online tools menu.
- Click view more
- Choose OCR PDF
- Select the scanned PDF you want to convert to editable PDF. You can work online or offline when you use the desktop version.
- Run OCR to convert your scanned PDF files. The conversion starts automatically.
- You now have editable PDFs created. You can access them by downloading to your device. you can also view them through your browser.
- You can now to the edits you want and send to others or save them.
- It takes time to convert since the OCR process is slow compared to processing on other tools such as UPDF convertor. You end up wasting a lot of time especially in work environment.
- You are limited on the size of the scanned PDF files you can convert. Thus, if you have large-sized files, this is not the right tool for you.
- The results are not up to the standard you may anticipate. It fails to recognise the text on your scanned PDF. There are also mistakes meaning the process is not 100 percent accurate.
Which is the best tool to Convert Scanned PDF to Editable PDF Online?
To get accurate results fast when you convert OCR PDF to editable PDF, UPDF Convertor is the best tool to use. It has a strong OCR conversion feature that allows you get high quality editable PDFs. No information is lost and the format is same like the original scanned PDF.
- How to Search for a Word in a PDF
- How to Add Link to PDF
- How to Extract Images from PDF on Mac
- The Best and Free Alternative to Smallpdf Editor
- The Best Free Sejda PDF Editor Alternative
- A Free iSkysoft PDF Editor Alternative
- How to Create Link for PDF
- How to Read PDF in 5 Ways
- How to Remove Text from PDF
- How to Save Web Page as PDF