Converting a text-based PDF document to Word can be a simple process. The same cannot be said however of a PDF document that has been saved in image format. This can be a PDF document that was scanned or created with numerous images that are part of the text.
But this doesn't mean that a scanned or PDF image document cannot be converted to Word. You just need a converter - UPDF that has OCR (Optical Character Recognition) capabilities to extract the content and convert the PDF to an editable format like Word. Here, we show you how to convert PDF image to Word.
How to Convert PDF Image to Word
One of the best PDF image to Word converters to use if you have a scanned PDF image is UPDF. This is a complete PDF conversion tool that will easily and very accurately convert PDF documents to most of the popular document formats including Word, Excel, PPT, Text, and even image formats.
But the feature that can help you convert a PDF image to Word is the OCR module in UPDF. Unlike other similar tools, the OCR module you find on UPDF is highly sensitive, making it easier to detect the text within the image and convert the content to Word. It has a high conversion accuracy and supports 38 languages.
To understand how you can convert your PDF image document into Word with the help of the OCR feature, look ahead in the steps below:
Step 1: Import the Image PDF Files
Start by installing UPDF into your computer. Open the program after installation and then open the PDF files you want to convert.
Importing the PDF files can be done in one of two ways: you can click on the "Open File" button and browse your computer for the PDF file. Or you can drag and drop the PDF files into this window.
Step 2: Click the OCR Icon on the Right
On opening the PDF document, lead to the "Recognize Text using OCR" button on the right panel to open a menu. Next, choose the "Document Type" as "Searchable PDF" from the available options.
Step 3: Set OCR Parameter
As you start with the OCR function, you can define the below parameters.
- Layout: In the "Layout" section, you will have to select the "Text and pictures only" or "Text over the page image" option from the menu.
- Document Language: You can select the 38 languages available in the list.
- Image Resolution: Select any of the dpi values available in the list. If not sure, click on "Detect Optimal Resolution" for automatic detection of image resolution.
Tips: For advanced layout settings, click the "Gear" icon to open a pop-up window. You can set it if you want to "Keep page numbers, headers, and footers", "Keep text and background colors", or the quality of images, etc.
Step 4: How Do I Convert Image PDF to Word
Provide the page range where you want to perform the OCR function. Once done, click on the "Perform OCR" button to lead to the next window, where you have to specify the location for saving the converted document. Once done, the OCR function executes and converts the image-based PDF to a searchable and editable PDF.
Now you can edit the PDF after performing OCR. If you want to convert it to Word format, you can use the Export PDF feature to convert PDF to Word. Just follow the steps below:
- Click on the "Export PDF" icon on the right menu.
- Select the "Word" format and click the "Export" button on the pop-up window.
This article has provided a comprehensive overview of the method you can try to convert your image to Word. UPDF provides a more diverse and stronger system of converting files with ease to convert images. With the help of tools like UPDF, you can ensure a high-quality conversion of the image to words with the aid of the OCR tool.
- Top 5 Most Powerful AI PDF Editors in 2023
- Top 10 Best Father's Day Gift Ideas 2023 for Every Type of Dad
- Foxit Reader Vs Adobe Reader: The Complete Comparison
- How to Find Word in PDF Documents
- Everything about GPT-5: Release Date, Rumors, Features, and More
- MacOS Sonoma: All You Want to Know
- PDF Expert Free Vs Paid: All You Need to Know
- 4 Best Ways to Convert HWP to PDF
- Adobe Reader Vs Adobe Acrobat: Head-to-Head Comparison
- Adobe Acrobat Standard Vs Pro: What Are Differences?
- iOS 17: Everything You Want to Know After WWDC 2023
- How to Combine Screenshots into One PDF? (Easy Ways)
- How to Translate PDF to Any Language with AI, Including ChatGPT
- Top 9 PDF Document Translators with AI
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today