Imagine you have a spreadsheet scanned into PDF format that's been circulated to the people in any finance department. How will you now get this as an editable Excel file so the numbers can be changed and other modifications can be done? The answer is to use a PDF to Excel OCR conversion tool that will first make the PDF editable and then render it as an Excel spreadsheet. Although the process sounds simple enough, it's actually quite complex because you have to think about the accuracy of conversion, keeping the original layout of the PDF spreadsheet file, and other factors. Fortunately, there are easy ways to convert scanned PDFs to Excel, and this is what this article is all about.
PDF to Excel OCR conversion can be done quickly and accurately with UPDF Converter, a purpose-built application for Windows and Mac that comes with OCR capabilities. It offers a range of conversion options where you can easily transform PDF files to other MS Office formats, images, HTML, etc. - more than a dozen conversion options in total. This makes it one of the most versatile PDF conversion tools available today, and it's super easy to use as well. Let's look at some of the key features of UPDF Converter for Windows and Mac.
- 14 conversion options from PDF to other formats.
- Batch Process with virtually no limit to the number of files.
- Accurate conversion in terms of format consistency for Excel tables.
- Accurate OCR to convert scanned or non-editable PDFs to editable formats.
- OCR supports 20+ languages with an auto-detect function.
- Works with permission-locked PDF files - instantly unlocks and converts such files.
- 5 image formats supported for PDF to image conversion.
- Easy to use - no prior experience or training needed.
- Cross-platform availability for Mac and Windows.
- Simple drag, drop and click operations to get the job done quickly.
- Powerful conversion engine.
- Advanced file security to protect privacy and confidentiality.
- Batch Process saves a significant amount of time for repetitive conversion tasks.
Step 1: Upload the Scanned PDF File
You can do this by dropping the file directly into the UPDF interface or by clicking the "Add Files" button.
Step 2: Enable OCR and Apply the Required Settings
First, click the vertical ellipsis against the file name to see the OCR panel. Enable OCR using the toggle button.
Choose the document language and page range, and click "Apply to All" if you have more than one scanned PDF in the queue that you want to convert to Excel.
Step 3: Select Excel, Convert the PDF to Excel and Save the File
- Click the close mark to exit the OCR panel.
- Select "Excel" from the options on the right.
- Click "GO" at the bottom.
The PDF to Excel OCR conversion engine will process the file and save it to a default location that will be displayed on your screen in a new Finder or Explorer window - you can double-click it to open and edit it in MS Excel.
And that's it! UPDF Converter makes an extremely complex task so simple that anyone can become a pro in no time!
Now let's look at an online OCR PDF to Excel conversion utility that's convenient to use and quite accurate in terms of faithfully converting the image-based PDF into an editable Excel file.
The OnlineOCR.net service is easy to use and fairly accurate, but you should be aware that the file limit is set to 15MB, so large files can't be processed this way. Nevertheless, it's a great PDF to Excel OCR free utility for simple conversions when you don't have intricate tables with special formatting and so on. The process, which we've outlined in the next section of this article, is very straightforward, but the only problem is that you don't have access to any advanced conversion settings and there's no Batch Process function if you're a guest user.
Let's look at how it works.
Step 1: Upload your Scanned PDF Table
Head to the OnlineOCR.net PDF to Excel conversion URL and click Select File to upload your document.
Step 2: Choose the Language for OCR Conversion
Tables invariably have header rows in one language or another, and this service gives you a lot of options in that regard - choose the language contained in the PDF file.
Step 3: Convert the PDF and Download the Excel File
Once the file is converted, you'll see a link to download it - click the link and save the Excel spreadsheet to the desired location.
Although the process is simple enough, you should be aware that a lot of users hesitate to use online services for many reasons:
- Security concerns while uploading and downloading files
- File size limitations
- Conversion quality
- Lack of advanced settings
The recommended option, therefore, is to use an installable application such as UPDF Converter that's secure because your files don't leave your desktop at any point during the conversion process. Additionally, your documents are protected with enterprise-grade security when using the application, and no data is ever shared with third parties without your explicit say-so. So go ahead and try UPDF Converter today and tremendously lighten your workloads when converting PDF to Excel OCR or any of the 14 options available at your fingertips.
- How to Add Link to PDF
- How to Extract Images from PDF on Mac
- The Best and Free Alternative to Smallpdf Editor
- The Best Free Sejda PDF Editor Alternative
- A Free iSkysoft PDF Editor Alternative
- How to Create Link for PDF
- How to Read PDF in 5 Ways
- How to Remove Text from PDF
- How to Save Web Page as PDF
- How to Resize Image in PDF for Free