If you are looking for a way to convert PDF documents to Excel format, you may have come across a lot of different solutions to choose from. An online converter can be appealing because you don't need to install any software on your computer. Most online tools also tend to be free and the fact that they can be accessed on a browser means that you can use them on any device.
But there are a lot of converters online that it can be very difficult to choose the best one. In this article, we will share with you the top 5 PDF to Excel Converters online to make it easier to choose a good converter for your project.
- Part 1. Top 5 Best PDF to Excel Converter Online
- Part 2. How to Convert PDF to Excel Online Free
- Part 3. The Best PDF to Excel Converter Offline
Top 5 Best PDF to Excel Converter Online
The following are the best online converters that you can use to convert any PDF document to Excel:
1. Soda PDF Online
Although it also comes with a desktop version, the online version of Soda PDF is appealing because it provides a wide range of PDF-related solutions. You can use it to convert any PDF document to Excel, but it is also one of the few online tools that offer editing options as well.
The user interface on Soda PDF is very simple to navigate. Once the PDF is uploaded, you just need to select "Convert" and then choose "Excel" as the output format. This free online PDF to Excel converter will convert the document that you can then download to your computer.
2. Zamzar PDF to Excel Converter
Zamzar is another very notable conversion tool that may come in handy when you want to convert PDF to Excel online. It is very simple to use; all you have to do is drag and drop the PDF to the main webpage and select "Excel" as the output format.
Zamzar may lack the editing capabilities of Soda PDF, but it is one of the best converters in the business. Unlike other tools that come and go, Zamzar has been fully functional for very many years and the experience its developers have earned over time can be seen in its efficiency.
This is another PDF to Excel converter online that will save you a lot of time when it comes to converting PDF to Excel. The interface is almost self-explanatory, allowing you to convert a PDF in a matter of seconds. All you have to do is upload the file to the main interface, choose the output format and then download the converted file.
Apart from converting PDFs to other formats, iLovePDF also has several functions that you will find very useful if you use a lot of PDF documents. You can use it to merge, split, compress, and even rotate PDF pages. It also has a feature that can be used to repair damaged PDFs.
SmallPDF is one of the most popular online PDF to Excel converters in the market today. It can be used to convert PDF documents to excel and other formats including Word and PowerPoint. It is an easy-to-use solution that is free, although some functions such as OCR are only available on the premium version.
You can access SmallPDF on any browser on any device and conversion is as easy as uploading the PDF and selecting "excel" as the output format. SmallPDF also offers several other functions including the ability to compress, merge, split and delete PDF pages. You can also use it to add a signature to any PDF document.
5. Converter PDF to Excel
Although relatively new to the market, this online PDF to Excel converter may come in handy if you need a quick and easy solution and you are not particularly picky. The user interface makes the process very simple; just upload the document and the conversion process will begin. But this tool will not offer any additional features.
It does have an OCR function that you can use to convert scanned documents, but it is not clear if the feature is available on the free version. It is a very simple-to-use solution that will convert a PDF to Excel completely free; you don't even need to create an account to use it.
How to Convert PDF to Excel Online Free
Converting a PDF to Excel using one of the online tools above is a very simple process. Most work the same way, but for demonstrative purposes, we've chosen to use SmallPDF as an example. Here's how to use SmallPDF to convert a PDF to Excel:
- Step 1: Go to SmallPDF website to access the PDF to Excel converter.
- Step 2: Click on "Add Files" to select the PDF document that you would like to add. You can also drag and drop the file onto the program.
- Step 3: Select "Convert to Excel" or "Convert to Excel with OCR" and then click "Choose Option" to start the conversion process.
- Step 4: When the conversion is complete, you can click on "Download File" to get your document.
Disadvantages of Using Online PDF to Excel Converter Online Free
While online PDF to Excel converters can seem convenient, they often come with several disadvantages including:
- You need to be connected to the internet to use an online converter.
- It is not always safe to upload documents to an online tool especially when you are unaware of the steps that they take to protect your document.
- Most online converters do not always guarantee a successful conversion.
- Many tools limit the size of the document that you can upload.
The Best PDF to Excel Converter Offline
If the document you want to convert contains information that you want to keep confidential or if you just want a simple and effective converter, you may want to choose UPDF Converter. This is the best offline PDF to Excel converter that you can use primarily because conversion is always guaranteed.
The following are some of the other reasons to choose this software:
- It will easily convert PDFs to most formats including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CSV, Images (JPG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, and GIF), HTML, XML, Text, RTF, PDF/A.
- It is also one of the best ways to convert a password-protected document.
- Its OCR function is more effective than any online solution.
- It will just as easily convert batch files as it does a single file.
- How to Search for a Word in a PDF
- How to Add Link to PDF
- How to Extract Images from PDF on Mac
- The Best and Free Alternative to Smallpdf Editor
- The Best Free Sejda PDF Editor Alternative
- A Free iSkysoft PDF Editor Alternative
- How to Create Link for PDF
- How to Read PDF in 5 Ways
- How to Remove Text from PDF
- How to Save Web Page as PDF