Do you have a PDF document that has some information you need to insert PDF into a Word document you are working on? Well, rather than have to copy all the content you need to add to the Word document, it would be much easier and more convenient to simply insert the PDF into a Word document.
Even though it may seem like a hard thing to do, inserting a PDF into a Word document can be done in several ways. Here, we will look at all these ways and you can choose one that suits the project you're working on.
Method 1. How to Insert PDF to Word after Converting
If you would like to insert all the content in a PDF document into Word, the best thing to do is to convert the PDF to word. To make your work much easier, you can convert the content in the PDF complete with its original formatting, so you don't have to go back and have to format the document later.
To convert a PDF document to any format including Word without losing its formatting, you will need a tool that is designed for this purpose. Lucky for you, we have a solution that is as effective as it is easy to use. This is UPDF, a PDF conversion tool that will convert the PDF to Word in just a few seconds. The conversion process when you use UPDF is simple, effective, and accurate.
Here's how to use it to convert Word and then insert PDF to Word:
Step 1: Add the PDF File
Open UPDF on your computer and click on "Open File" to import the PDF file that you want to convert to Word.
Then you need to click the "Export PDF" icon.
Step 2: Convert PDF to Word
Once you click the "Export PDF" icon, select "Word" as the output format.
Click "Export" to start the conversion. Then just wait a few seconds while the program converts the PDF. When the conversion is complete, you will be able to open the Word document on your computer.
Step 3: How to Insert PDF into Word
To insert the PDF into Word, all you have to do is open the converted Word document. You can then choose to copy or remove some of the content to suit the project you're working on.
Extra Tips: UPDF is not only a PDF conversion tool, it is also a PDF reader, PDF editor, and PDF annotator. Actually, you can edit PDF document directly in UPDF.
Video Tutorial on How to Convert PDF to Word
Method 2. How to Insert PDF into Word as an Object
If you would like to insert a PDF document to your Word project for reference purposes, you can choose to insert the PDF into Word as an object. This process is very simple. Just use these steps:
- Step 1: Open the Word document you're working on, place the cursor where you would like the PDF to appear, and click "Insert". Click on "Object" from the "Text" group of tools.
- Step 2: Click on "Create from File" and click on "Browse" to find the PDF document you'd like to add. Click "Open" when you find the PDF.
- Step 3: Click "OK" and the PDF will be added to the Word document as an object.
Method 3. How to Insert PDF into Word as an Image
You can also convert the PDF into an image and then insert the image into the Word document as an image. This is an ideal solution if there is a section of the PDF that you would like to use as a reference point or to emphasize a point on your project.
UPDF can be very useful in this regard since you can use it to convert the PDF to an image before adding the image to Word. Here's how to do that;
Step 1: Convert PDF to Image with UPDF
Open UPDF on your computer and click on "Open File" to import the PDF file to the program. You can also just drag and drop the PDF document to the main window to add the file.
Click the "Export PDF" icon. From the output formats list, select "Image" and then choose the image format (PNG, JPEG, BMP, TIFF, GIF) that you would like to use.
Click "Export". This will begin the conversion process immediately and in a matter of seconds, you will have the PDF document in image format.
Step 2: Insert the PDF image into Word
Now open the Word document that you're working on. Place the cursor where you would like the image to appear and then select "Insert" in the main menu.
Click on "Illustration" and choose "Picture". Browse your computer for the PDF image we converted in step one above and click "Open" to add it to the Word document.
Method 4. How to Insert PDF into Word with Google Drive
If you don't want to convert the PDF document to Word, but there are sections of the document that you would like to include in your Word project, you may want to copy and paste the PDF to Word. One of the best ways to do that is using Google Drive. The process is relatively simple; you add the document to your Google Drive, open it using Google Docs and then simply copy the content you need into a Word document.
Here's the process in easy steps to follow:
- Step 1: Start by adding the PDF to your Google Drive. To do that, go to Google Drive on any browser and click "New > File Upload" to browse your computer for the PDF you want.
- Step 2: Once the document is added to Google Drive, click on it to preview it. Click on "Open With" at the top to choose "Google Docs." This will open the PDF document in a new tab.
- Step 3: Now all you have to do is scroll through the Google document and find the content you want to add to the Word document. Select the content and copy it to your clipboard (click "Edit > Copy").
- Step 4: Then open the Word document you're working on, place the cursor where you'd like the content to appear, and use the "Ctrl + V" shortcut to add the copied content to the document.
There are 4 methods mentioned above in inserting PDF to a Word. However, we recommend UPDF for you with it user-friendly interface and embedded rich features. Not only satisfy all the needs, but also surprises you with advanced functions, like OCR, signing electronic signatures and adding stamps or watermarks according to your needs.
- Top 10 Best Father's Day Gift Ideas 2023 for Every Type of Dad
- Foxit Reader Vs Adobe Reader: The Complete Comparison
- How to Find Word in PDF Documents
- Everything about GPT-5: Release Date, Rumors, Features, and More
- MacOS Sonoma: All You Want to Know
- PDF Expert Free Vs Paid: All You Need to Know
- 4 Best Ways to Convert HWP to PDF
- Adobe Reader Vs Adobe Acrobat: Head-to-Head Comparison
- Adobe Acrobat Standard Vs Pro: What Are Differences?
- iOS 17: Everything You Want to Know After WWDC 2023
- How to Combine Screenshots into One PDF? (Easy Ways)
- How to Translate PDF to Any Language with AI, Including ChatGPT
- Top 9 PDF Document Translators with AI
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today
- 4 Ways to Convert VSDX to PDF (With and Without Visio)