The increasing use of digital documents has influenced the need to convert documents into different formats as per the requirement of the sender or receiver. When it comes to converting Word documents to PDF, having a proper PDF manager is necessary. Along with that, several other ways can be utilized for converting documents. This article will be putting up an introduction to multiple methods that can be used to convert Word to PDF.
Why Do You Need to Save a Word document as a PDF
The first question that comes to mind for every reader would understand the need to save the Word document as a PDF file. There are many reasons why PDF files are preferred by people in the market. Although the file format was introduced in the later days, it turned out to become a primary preference of most users in the market. We shall be reviewing these reasons to figure out why people need to save Word as PDF:
- PDF files can be universally accessed by the user on any device. Where Word files require you to have Microsoft Word installed on the device, PDF files can be reviewed without having any proper PDF editor.
- You can easily manage and create PDF documents on your device without having any particular knowledge of using PDF editors. Even if you have a file in another format, it can be converted to a PDF document with ease.
- The formatting style of the PDF file remains intact. You are not bound to disrupt the formatting of the file, which makes it a great option as it can be sent anywhere.
- All the text within the PDF document is searchable and interactive, making it a complete file format of proper utility. These files are not restrictive and can be easily edited, making them a diverse choice in file management.
- The size of a PDF file is relatively compact and manageable, making it a great asset to keep in the document.
Method 1. How to Convert Words to PDF using UPDF
What if you have an all-in-one PDF editor and converter that perfect in its function? Rather than going for online or offline solutions such as Adobe Acrobat, you could consider working with UPDF for Windows and Mac, an ideal PDF editor, converter, annotator, and much more. This all-in-one PDF solution provides a collection of unique tools that help you manage your PDF files perfectly.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
Only 1 step or 2 steps will be needed in creating PDF from Word, there are basic steps described below:
You can just drag and drop the file in UPDF to open it, which is the quickest way to convert file format.
Step 1. Create PDF from Word Format
Open UPDF app first, choose "File" on the top left corner, and "Create>PDF from Word". You can choose any word document that need to be converted to PDF.
Step 2. Save PDF File
After complishing opening file, the word document is in PDF format. Choose "Save" inside of "Save as other" on the right panel of UPDF, that will be all steps you need for converting Word to PDF.
Method 2. How Do I Save a Word Document as a PDF Directly
We will now be looking into some proper Word-to-PDF converter methods that can be used for appropriate document conversion. The first method involves a direct approach used for converting Word to PDF through Microsoft Word. We will see how you can save a Word document as a PDF directly from the application:
Step 1: Once you have created and edited a Microsoft Word document, you must access the "File" tab and select the "Save As" button. Next, choose the option of "Browse."
Step 2: As a window opens, set up a name and define the "Save as type:" to PDF by selecting the appropriate option from the drop-down menu. On selection, tap on the "Save" button to save a Word file as a PDF document.
Are There Any Disadvantages of This Method?
There are some potential drawbacks of using this technique for converting Word to PDF, which is highlighted as follows:
- It is quite possible that the quality and formatting of the PDF document do not remain intact while saving the document.
- The process is not diverse and extensive, and you cannot set any parameters using any available features.
Method 3. How Can I Convert Word to PDF Online with iLovePDF?
There are many online solutions available for converting a Word file to a PDF document. To compose your selection of an online tool, we have provided you with a proper online platform that serves as a good Word-to-PDF converter online solution. iLovePDF is an online platform featuring multiple PDF management solutions, including a PDF converter that converts PDF files for you. To know how you can use the tool to perfection, follow the steps featured below:
Step 1: Open the iLovePDF Word to PDF converter on a browser and tap the "Select WORD files" button. You can also import the Word file by drag-and-drop or from Google Drive or Dropbox.
Step 2: As you add a Word file or multiple files on the platform, click the "Convert to PDF" button on the bottom right to execute the process.
Step 3: Once the process concludes, you can click the "Download PDF" button or export the file on Google Drive or Dropbox. The file can also be shared as a link with other users.
Disadvantages of Using iLovepdf Word to PDF Converter Online
There are many drawbacks to using online platforms for converting PDF documents. We will be looking into some prominent disadvantages that you can consider while considering online platforms:
- There are file size limitations in such online PDF editors, making them restrictive in choices.
- Online PDF editors like iLovePDF are not feature-extensive, limiting your approach to managing PDF files.
- Does not convert PDF documents in the finest quality.
Method 4. Can I Convert Word to PDF with Adobe Acrobat?
Adobe Acrobat is known to be one of the veterans in PDF editors. The tool provides a variety of PDF solutions, so it can also be used to convert Word to PDF with ease. Being an offline platform, it is available as a great desktop solution. If you seek to convert your Word files to PDF with this PDF tool, look into the steps featured below:
Step 1: You must launch Adobe Acrobat on your computer and proceed to the "Tools" section. On the menu that opens on the window, select "Create PDF" to proceed to the respective window.
Step 2: On the next window, you must select the button "Select Files to Convert to PDF" to open the browser window for importing Word files.
Step 3: As you add the Word file or files on the platform, select the "Convert to PDF" button to execute the process successfully.
Important Notes about Using Adobe Acrobat
This tool has its disadvantages, which restrict a user from operating properly. We have highlighted some critical disadvantages of considering converting Word to PDF with Adobe Acrobat:
- You must buy a subscription plan to Adobe Acrobat to use this feature for converting different files to PDFs.
- Adobe Acrobat is not a user-friendly PDF editor to work with, as you need a proper understanding of the tool for proper operations.
This article has provided an in-depth overview of how a user can easily convert Word to PDF with the help of multiple functions. With all the highlighted options and methods, you can see that UPDF is one of the best editing and conversion tools available in the market for providing extensive features and options to its users.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure