Have you got a PDF file that needs to be converted to Word format? At times, this becomes a complex challenge, especially if your device does not permit you to convert PDF to Word. Understanding how annoying it can get if you aren't aware of the right ways or tools to change PDF to Word, we will share with you 10 ways to export PDF to Word in no time.
Method 1. How to Convert PDF to Word with UPDF Converter
To begin with, UPDF Converter is our top recommendation that can quickly convert PDF to other formats, including Word, Excel, CSV, PowerPoint, RTF, Text, Image(PNG, JPEG, BMP, TIFF, GIF), HTML, XML, and PDF/A. It only takes three simple steps to convert the PDF documents. In addition, it has the feature of batch conversion, which means that you can convert batches of PDFs to Word files all at once.
Steps to Convert PDF to Word with UPDF Converter
Step 1. Add the PDF Files
Install and launch the UPDF Converter on your computer, then drag or upload the PDF files into the converter's conversion queue. Or click on the "Add Files" button to select the PDF files.
Step 2. Choose Word as the Output Format
In the formats panel on the right side, click the required format and select "Word" from the options provided. You would be given three options, namely, Flowing, Continuous, and Exact - pick the one that suits your requirement.
- Flowing option retains the original page layout, columns, formatting, and graphics and preserves text flow.
- Continuous option does not retain the layout of PDF document, but it reconstructs the text order in terms of paragraph formatting, graphics, and text flow.
- Exact works for brochures and art documents because it recovers the PDF's data in Word's text boxes to make sure to retain the text and graphic layout in the converted document.
Step 3. Convert PDF Files to Word
Click the "Go" button, select the folder you want to save the converted document. Within a few seconds, all PDF files will be converted to Word quickly and will be saved in the selected folders on your device.
Method 2. How to Convert PDF to Editable Word with OCR
Now, what would you do if you have a scanned PDF that needed to be converted? How can you convert PDF to Word free with a scanned PDF? Well, that you can do with UPDF Converter OCR. Here are the steps to convert scanned PDF to Word:
Step 1. Import PDF and Set the OCR Settings
First, you should also import PDF files by clicking the "Add Files" button. After you import the files, click the three dots icon on the right of the document. This will reveal the OCR panel. First, enable OCR.
In the OCR panel, you can set the language for OCR, and you can apply to all for batch conversion. If you only want to OCR and convert part of the PDF document, you can select the page range for conversion.
Step 2. Convert PDF Image to Word
After setting the OCR, you close the OCR panel and then choose "Word" as the output format. Click the "Go" button, select the folder you want to put the converted Word document, and you will get the converted file within a few seconds.
Method 3. How to Convert PDF to Word Free Online
In some cases, you might not have a PDF converter on your computer. If so, the good news is that there are some great online tools to help you convert to Word from PDF. Some of these include FileZigzag, Zamzar, and MailBigFile. You can visit these sites to start this free online conversion. Below are the steps to use Small PDF to Word.
One such site is SamllPDF and here are the steps to make this conversion on the site:
- Navigate the Site to Find Their PDF to WORD converter tool.
- Click on the tool and then upload your PDF file.
- The site will then start extracting your PDF contents, even if it's a scanned PDF.
- Then wait for some time, and then you can click on download once your document has been converted.
Method 4. How to Convert PDF to Word with Google Drive
If you use Google Drive, you can easily convert PDF to an editable Word file. Just follow this simple tutorial to learn how to do it with Google PDF to Word converter.
1. Go to Goole Grive and log in with your Google account details.
2. Click the "Upload file" button and select the PDF you want to convert to MS Word.
3. Once the PDF is uploaded, open it with Google Docs. Right-click the PDF, click "Open with" > "Google Docs".
4. You PDF will be opened in Google Docs. Then, click on the "File" option on the top left corner of your screen. Move down, and you'd see an option titled "Download".
5. Place the cursor on the arrow next to this option and then choose "Microsoft Word" option.
6. The downloaded file is now a Word file that you can open and edit.
That is an easy and hassle-free way to convert PDF to Word. However, if you don't have a Google Account, the other two online tools would be a good choice as well.
Method 5. How to Export PDF to Word with Adobe Acrobat
If you have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC on your PC, the good news is that converting PDF to Word is very easy with it. Just follow these quick steps to convert PDF to Word with Adobe:
1. Open the PDF file through Adobe Acrobat.
2. Click "File" > "Export" > "Word".
3. Select the Word format for the file you wanted to create, then click "OK".
4. Click "Save" once it's finished converting.
That is an easy way for you to convert PDF files into Microsoft Word using Adobe Acrobat. It only takes a few simple steps, and the best thing about it is that you can keep your original PDF file without any changes.
Method 6. How to Turn PDF into Word Directly
While you can always use the PDF to Word converter method listed above, there are some other paths you can take. For instance, if your computer already has MS Word installed on it, all you have to do is open the PDF file in question and click "File" > "Save As". Just choose or enter a new filename for your new Word document and wait for this to be completed. You can import PDF to Word document and turn PDF into Word.
But, here are the steps to do this systematically:
1. Upgrade your Microsoft Word to version 2013 or later. Open the application.
2. Now, open a new blank document in the application.
3. On the upper left-hand corner of the application, you'd be seeing an option titled "File". Click on it. It would show a side-sliding or drop-down menu with a lot of choices listed.
4. Click on the choice titled "Open", you'd get an additional menu of contents or different sources from where you can open files in Word.
5. For a PDF file, click on the "Computer" and navigate to the folder where the PDF files if saved on your device.
6. Select the PDF and open it on Word.
7. Click "OK" and wait for the PDF to open. It could take some time, depending on the file's size.
The file is open on Word and ready to use.
Method 7. How to Transfer PDF to Word with Nitro Pro
If you are looking for a reliable and professional PDF converter, Nitro Pro is the best tool to use. This app can do more than convert files from one format to another; it can also help users monitor and control the security access of other people on their computers. In addition, this program has a high compatibility rate with different file formats as well. Nitro Pro easily opens most file formats without problems and makes the overall editing process a breeze.
Nitro Pro offers different ways to work with PDFs, including converting, merging, sharing, and signing them in just a few clicks. In this tutorial, we will show you how to use the "Nitro PDF To Word" feature of this app when the need to convert a PDF into Word documents arises.
1. First, you need to download and install the latest version of Nitro Pro on your computer.
2. Open your file from the main interface when it's done installing. Then click the "Convert" button at the top left corner of this app's main window.
3. Select "To Word" as your output format, then click "Next" to continue.
4. You are asked if you want to change or keep the original file name. You can opt for any options before clicking the "Convert" button again.
5. Once the conversion is complete, close this app and launch your newly created Word file from the location you have specified before.
That's it! You can start editing your newly created file in MS Word or any other program of yours. By doing this, it allows you to make some changes to your PDF files, like editing existing text, inserting new pages, and more without problems.
Method 8. How to Convert PDF to Word with Foxit PhantomPDF
If you are using Foxit PhantomPDF, there is no need to go through the extra hustle of finding a PDF converter online. This app already has the feature of converting your PDF files into MS Office formats, including Word files.
Here are two ways that you can convert PDF to Word with Foxit PhantomPDF:
1. Open your converted document:
After converting your PDF into a Word file, click "Open" and choose the desired document to open and edit.
2. Convert a batch of files:
If you have multiple PDF documents that you want to convert into MS Word format, select them all first via "tools" > "select", then go to "Convert" > "To MS Office". Choose "Word" and click "Start" to start the conversion process. After that, you can open these converted files in MS Word for editing or sharing purposes.
Method 9. How to Convert PDF to Word with SodaPDF
SodaPDF is an online and offline PDF converter that will help you convert your PDF files to MS Word, text, or HTML format quickly. There are many great features of this application; here are the top two that earned it a spot on our list:
1. Convert batches of PDFs to different formats like DOCX, TXT, HTML, and more.
2. Supports passWord-protected PDF files and those with limited permissions to view and open.
Here are the easy steps to convert any PDF to Word using SodaPDF:
- Open the Soda PDF application on your device
- On the top of the screen, there is "Convert" Module, click on it and then click on the option "PDF to Word".
- Decide the pages in your document that you need converted.
- If you want, you can apply the OCR engine when converting at this stage too. This allows you to edit any scanned documents in Word. This option is often defaulted, so uncheck the box to disable it if you want.
- You can make Soda PDF retain the tables if there are any in your PDF. This feature needs to be enabled for you to use it. Tick the box next to "Detect and Convert Table", and it will be enabled.
- Now, click the Browse… button and select where Soda PDF will save your file.
- Now, it's time you click on Convert to convert your file.
- On the top of the screen with the document on it, you can see a status update telling you of the conversion progress. If you want to stop the conversion, click on Cancel.
- Once the conversion is finished, the status will update to Done.
- Close the notification bar with the X on the right and proceed with your converted Word document if you want.
Method 10. How to Convert PDF to Word Online with Sejda
Sejda is a great online tool to help users work with their PDFs and other document formats in various ways without following any hefty processes or making any heavy downloads. Here is how you can convert PDF to Word online using Sejda:
- Go to Sejda website.
- Choose the PDF file that you wish to convert. Don't worry much about the data security since files are safely uploaded over an encrypted connection and are deleted once you're done processing them.
- Now, click on the Upload button and select the files from your computer that you've selected for conversion. You can also try the drag and drop option instead of uploading the files. You can pick files from Google Drive and Dropbox as well.
- Now Click on the "Convert" button and wait for the conversion from PDF to Word to finish.
- Then, simply download your file and use it as you please.
That is all you need to know about converting PDF files into MS Word format on your computer. If you previously had trouble converting your PDF files, we hope these 10 methods would make your life much easier, making the conversion a breeze.
- How to Search for a Word in a PDF
- How to Add Link to PDF
- How to Extract Images from PDF on Mac
- The Best and Free Alternative to Smallpdf Editor
- The Best Free Sejda PDF Editor Alternative
- A Free iSkysoft PDF Editor Alternative
- How to Create Link for PDF
- How to Read PDF in 5 Ways
- How to Remove Text from PDF
- How to Save Web Page as PDF