A PDF to link conversion can mean a couple of things. For instance, if you need to simply share a PDF file directly through a file-sharing service or cloud storage account, the receiver will be able to access the PDF on their system. Alternatively, you can also convert PDF to a URL link so it's easier to share. We'll show you how to do both, but what if the receiver doesn't have a PDF application installed on their system? That's why we're going to first show you a 4-step process to convert PDF to link as HTML content so they can view it directly on the web without the need for any additional software. Here goes…
- Method 1. How to Turn PDF to Link with UPDF Converter
- Method 2. How to Convert PDF to Link with FileZilla
- Method 3. How to Turn PDF into Link Online
UPDF Converter is a purpose-designed PDF conversion utility that can convert this ubiquitous format into numerous other file types such as Office documents, image files, CSV, HTML, Text, PDF/A, and so on. With one of the highest conversion accuracy rates in the industry, UPDF Converter will faithfully maintain the formatting and other attributes of the original file. It will simply be converted into another editable format so you can modify the content on a native application such as Microsoft Excel for tabular content, your browser for HTML, or an image editor for JPG and PNG files.
- Available for both Windows and Mac platforms
- Dedicated conversion tool for converting PDF into 14 different file types
- Batch Processing to save time
- OCR to convert scanned PDFs into various editable formats like Word, etc.
- Registered users can automatically remove restrictions passwords applied by someone else
- 100% document security throughout the process
Step 1: Import the PDF
Use the "Add Files" button on the Home screen of UPDF Converter to import your PDFs. You can also drag-and-drop them directly into the tool interface from their respective folder locations.
Step 2: Select the Output Format as HTML
The panel on the right has several conversion options - click the "HTML" option.
Step 3: Convert PDF to Link via HTML
First, let's convert the PDF to HTML by clicking the "GO" button at the bottom.
Step 4: Get the Link from the Cloud
If you have already signed into a cloud storage account such as Google Drive, OneDrive, etc., you can upload the HTML file to this location.
Finally, generate a link for the HTML file and share it with your collaborators so they can view it online without any need of a PDF Reader or Editor.
This is the best way to convert a PDF into a link URL because you don't know whether or not the recipient of the link will have access to a PDF viewing tool. Of course, you can also directly use a PDF to link generator using a file-sharing service, as described in the next section.
FileZilla is probably the most popular FTP or File Transfer Protocol platform in the world. The initial installation is a little cumbersome because you have to download it, install it, configure it, and only then can you start using it. Nevertheless, once it's set up, it becomes a very useful file-sharing client that you can use right from your desktop. You'll also need a server to set up the FTP on the client interface. That's beyond the scope of this article, but the essential process is as follows:
- Step 1: Set up FileZilla on your desktop.
- Step 2: Upload your PDF file to the web through FileZilla.
- Step 3: Generate and share the PDF to link URL with collaborators.
The pure-play online way to do this is to use a PDF to URL online conversion utility such as i-converter. It's pretty simple to use and you can access it on any modern browser with a reasonably fast Internet connection.
Step 1: Upload the File to the PDF to URL Conversion Website.
Step 3: Click Copy Code and Share Online - the code can be pasted into a browser address bar to render the PDF as an online version.
Which is the Best Way to Convert PDF to Link?
The online method is probably the easiest of all, but you may need to shorten the URL code before sharing it online. FileZilla is a great solution as well but harder to execute if you don't have any experience working with FTP servers. On the other hand, UPDF Converter only takes a few clicks to get the job done, and the HTML code that it generates from your PDF file can be easily converted into a link using any cloud storage service.
- How to Add Link to PDF
- How to Extract Images from PDF on Mac
- The Best and Free Alternative to Smallpdf Editor
- The Best Free Sejda PDF Editor Alternative
- A Free iSkysoft PDF Editor Alternative
- How to Create Link for PDF
- How to Read PDF in 5 Ways
- How to Remove Text from PDF
- How to Save Web Page as PDF
- How to Resize Image in PDF for Free