PDF files are widely created and shared across many platforms without modifying the original content due to their flexibility and compatibility. Because of the versatile uses of PDF files, they are vastly shared with just a single click. In this article, we will focus on how to create a link for PDF quickly so that you can share your important information stored in PDF files across every platform.
Creating a URL for your PDF file can bring a lot of comfort and benefits. For instance, you don't need to print or write data and information on paper, but with a single click, you can transfer it to other individuals. Along with that, there are several other advantages of creating a URL for a PDF explained below:
- To transfer multiple PDF files across online platforms, you may encounter limitations in sending them. To avoid the hassle, you can simply create a URL for your PDF files and can share the link with people without wasting time.
- Large file sizes are sometimes difficult to open. You can share PDF files conveniently through a single URL link regardless of their file size.
- There can be a situation where you have to send your PDF files to several people. Despite sending PDF files separately to your colleagues, you can quickly share one link with them to be more efficient.
- Browsing and choosing a particular PDF file can be time-consuming, especially when handling multiple tasks. By creating a URL link for PDF, you just have to copy and paste the link and can send it on multiple platforms.
Do you wish to share your PDF document with another user? Rather than going for complicated procedures, you prefer working with simplicity. A link is the best way to share a PDF with another user. As you create a link to your PDF, it is shareable throughout any platform in the market. While you can do it using UPDF for Windows and Mac, the steps to execute this are as simple as they can be. Let's look into the steps of creating a link for a PDF document:
Step 1: Access Button to Share PDF
Once the PDF file opens in UPDF, you must find the "Share this file with others" button on the right side of the window. Click on it.
Step 2: Create a Link for a PDF
As you are led to a new window, you will find the "Share a Link" option. Then click the "Create" button.
Step 3: Copy the Link for Share
Next, the link will be created and you can click the "Copy" icon to copy the link. Then you can paste it across any platform to share it with your friends and other users.
The best part of it, you can set an expiration time for the link of your PDF file. You can also decide whether you want to disable the Copy/Download/Print permissions to protect your PDF file. Amazing, right? Download and try this feature now!
What if you have to add a link to make your PDF interactive? This is much different from sharing a PDF link with another user. As you want to add a link to a PDF document, the following steps are definitive in explaining how you can create a link in PDF:
Step 1: Access Editing Toolkit
With the PDF opened on UPDF, direct into the "Edit PDF" mode from the left column. This will open the editing functions that can be performed on a PDF.
Step 2: Add the Appropriate Link Type
Select "Link" from the top to add a link to the PDF. As you tap on the PDF where you wish to add a link, you will be provided with two different options for the nature of the link.
You can add a "Link to Web" with the link of the webpage you wish to connect or consider using "Link to Page" to join a PDF page with another page within the document.
Step 3: Set Parameters of the Link
Click on the "Properties" button on the menu just above the added link. This will open a pop-up where you can set the link type, style, thickness, and color. Finally, save the file.
If you think the link is unnecessary in the future, you can also remove links from PDF quickly.
What else UPDF can do for you?
Except for being a distinct and powerful PDF editor, UPDF can do so much more. It contains salient features to enhance the quality of your work.
- Highlight your Work: It contains many annotating tools, including highlights, underlines, shapes, stickers, and text comments through which you can improve your reading comprehension smartly.
- Convert PDF: UPDF offers comfort to users by allowing them to convert PDF files easily to many other file formats, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Organize PDF Pages: UPDF allows you to insert, crop, rotate, replace, extract, delete, and split PDF files quickly.
- Compress PDF Files: It can help you compress PDF files to a smaller size.
- OCR: It offers a great OCR feature to help you turn scanned PDFs into searchable and editable ones.
- Protect PDF: You can set an open password and permission password with different encryption levels, including 128-bit RC4, 128-bit AES, and 256-bit AES.
- Share and Print: After editing or reading PDF files on UPDF, you can directly share them via email or can print them with a single click.
We will answer some critical questions relevant to creating links for a PDF document. This will help you understand more about the discussion at hand.
Can you create clickable links in a PDF?
It is entirely possible to create clickable links in a PDF document. UPDF allows you to create links in a PDF document that can be clicked to access the exact location that has been linked through the link.
Can you share a PDF as a link?
UPDF provides a reliable option for sharing a PDF document as a link with other users. You must access the "Share this file with others" option and successfully share your PDF as a link.
How do I share a PDF without downloading it?
If you want to share a PDF without downloading it, you'd better create a link for the PDF, and you can share the link with others. UPDF allows you to create a link for UPDF and share it with others. Receivers don't need to download the PDF file at all, they just need to open the link to view the whole PDF file.
Sharing and accessing PDF files can become easier by creating a link for them. To create a URL for a PDF file, this article has mentioned simpler methods in a detailed manner. By downloading UPDF, you can instantly share your large PDF files promptly without facing any hurdles.
- Different Methods to Merge Pictures into PDF
- 2 Ways to Combine Images into PDF on Mac
- Top 5 Free PDF Editor Android in 2023
- The Best Tool to Convert Multiple JPG to PDF
- How to Merge PNG to PDF Using the Best PDF Combiner
- Como Cortar PDF em 2 Métodos Fáceis
- The Hidden Features of UPDF That You Don't Know
- How to Create an Electronic Signature in PDF Flawlessly
- How to Modify a PDF Online Easily and Quickly
- How to Modify a PDF on Mac Effortlessly