A link is the easiest and most convenient way to share a file as anyone can access the file on any device. Because of the versatile uses of PDF files, there are vast requirements to share PDF files. In this article, we will focus on how to create a link for PDF quickly and easily with desktop and online free ways so that you can share your important information stored in PDF files across every platform.
Part 1: Why Need to Create a URL for a PDF?
Creating a URL for your PDF file can bring a lot of benefits. Several advantages of creating a web link for a PDF are explained below:
- To transfer multiple PDF files across online platforms, you may encounter limitations in sending them. To avoid the hassle, you can simply create a URL for your PDF files and can share the link with people without wasting time.
- Large file sizes are sometimes difficult to open. You can share PDF files conveniently through a single URL link regardless of their file size.
- There can be a situation where you have to send your PDF files to several people. Despite sending PDF files separately to your colleagues, you can quickly share one link with them to be more efficient.
Part 2: How to Create a URL Link for a PDF Document on Mac and Windows?
Do you wish to share your PDF document with another user? Rather than going for complicated procedures, you prefer working with simplicity. A link is the best way to share a PDF with another user. As you create a link to your PDF, it is shareable throughout any platform in the market. While you can do it using UPDF for Windows and Mac, the steps to execute this are as simple as they can be. When creating a sharing link for PDF with UPDF, it offers the functions as follows:
- Easily create a link for sharing with one click.
- You can set up an expiration time for the PDF file before sharing.
- You can manage the copy, download, and print permissions by enabling/disabling them freely.
- You can cancel the file sharing anytime you want.
Let's look into the steps of creating a link for a PDF document:
Step 1: Access Button to Share PDF
Once the PDF file opens in UPDF, you must find the "Share this file with others" button on the right side of the window. Click on it.
Step 2: Create a Link for a PDF
As you are led to a new window, you will find the "Share a Link" option. Then click the "Create" button.
Step 3: Copy the Link for Share
Next, the link will be created and you can click the "Copy" icon to copy the link. Then you can paste it across any platform to share it with your friends and other users.
The best part of it, you can set an expiration time for the link of your PDF file. You can also decide whether you want to disable the Copy/Download/Print permissions to protect your PDF file. Amazing, right? Download and try this feature now!
Part 3: How to Create a Link for PDF Online Free?
If you want to generate a link for PDF online free, you can use Google Drive, OneDrive, Wetranfer, and more online free tools to create links for pdf free easily. Compared with other methods, Wetransfer is a better tool as it is easy to use and you do not need to sign up to use. Moreover, you are allowed to upload PDFs with up to 2GB file size. Here is the guide about how to use Wetransfer to create web links for PDFs.
Step 1. Open the Website
Visit Wetransfer's official website. Now, you can find the below screen. Click "I just want to send files" so that you do not need to sign up to generate the link for PDF files.
Step 2. Upload a PDF file to Create a Link
Click "Three Dots" at the front of the "Get a Link" button. Choose "Get transfer link" in the pop-up menu. Once done, scroll up to find "Upload Files" and click on it. Select the PDF file on your computer to import.
Step 3. Generate a Link for PDF
When the PDF is uploaded, you can click the "Get a Link" button and Wetransfer will start to create a link for your PDF file. When it is done, you can get the link for your PDF. Now, you can share it with anyone.
Part 4: How to Create a Hyperlink in PDF without Acrobat to Make It Interactive
What if you have to add a hyperlink to your PDF file? This is much different from sharing a PDF link with another user. As you want to add a link to a PDF document, the following steps are definitive in explaining how you can create a link in PDF:
Step 1: Access Editing Toolkit
With the PDF opened on UPDF, direct into the "Edit PDF" mode from the left column. This will open the editing functions that can be performed on a PDF.
Step 2: Add the Appropriate Link Type
Select "Link" from the top to add a link to the PDF. As you tap on the PDF where you wish to add a link, you will be provided with two different options for the nature of the link.
You can add a "Link to Web" with the link of the webpage you wish to connect or consider using "Link to Page" to join a PDF page with another page within the document.
Step 3: Set Parameters of the Link
Click on the "Properties" button on the menu just above the added link. This will open a pop-up where you can set the link type, style, thickness, and color. Finally, save the file.
If you think the link is unnecessary in the future, you can also remove links from PDF quickly.
What else UPDF can do for you?
Except for being a distinct and powerful PDF editor, UPDF can do so much more. It contains salient features to enhance the quality of your work.
- Highlight your Work: It contains many annotating tools, including highlights, underlines, shapes, stickers, and text comments through which you can improve your reading comprehension smartly.
- Convert PDF: UPDF offers comfort to users by allowing them to convert PDF files easily to many other file formats, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Organize PDF Pages: UPDF allows you to insert, crop, rotate, replace, extract, delete, and split PDF files quickly.
- Compress PDF Files: It can help you compress PDF files to a smaller size.
- OCR: It offers a great OCR feature to help you turn scanned PDFs into searchable and editable ones.
- Protect PDF: You can set an open password and permission password with different encryption levels, including 128-bit RC4, 128-bit AES, and 256-bit AES.
- Share and Print: After editing or reading PDF files on UPDF, you can directly share them via email or can print them with a single click.
Part 5: FAQs on Creating Links for PDF
We will answer some critical questions relevant to creating links for a PDF document. This will help you understand more about the discussion at hand.
Can you create clickable links in a PDF?
It is possible to create clickable links in a PDF document. UPDF allows you to create links in a PDF document that can be clicked to access the exact location that has been linked through the link.
Can you share a PDF as a link?
UPDF provides a reliable option for sharing a PDF document as a link with other users. You must access the "Share this file with others" option and successfully share your PDF as a link.
How do I share a PDF?
If you want to share a PDF, you'd better create a link for the PDF, and you can share the link with others. UPDF allows you to create a link for UPDF and share it with others. Receivers don't need to download the PDF file at all, they just need to open the link to view the whole PDF file.
Sharing and accessing PDF files can become easier by creating a link for them. To create a link for PDF, this article mentions 2 effective ways. And we highly recommend you use UPDF to create a link for PDF as it can help you create PDFs, edit PDFs, and share PDF files in one place. Moreover, it allows you to protect your PDF files and set expiration time. Just download UPDF here to have a try.
- Top 5 Most Powerful AI PDF Editors in 2023
- Top 10 Best Father's Day Gift Ideas 2023 for Every Type of Dad
- Foxit Reader Vs Adobe Reader: The Complete Comparison
- How to Find Word in PDF Documents
- Everything about GPT-5: Release Date, Rumors, Features, and More
- MacOS Sonoma: All You Want to Know
- PDF Expert Free Vs Paid: All You Need to Know
- 4 Best Ways to Convert HWP to PDF
- Adobe Reader Vs Adobe Acrobat: Head-to-Head Comparison
- Adobe Acrobat Standard Vs Pro: What Are Differences?
- iOS 17: Everything You Want to Know After WWDC 2023
- How to Combine Screenshots into One PDF? (Easy Ways)
- How to Translate PDF to Any Language with AI, Including ChatGPT
- Top 9 PDF Document Translators with AI
- WWDC 2023 - Everything Apple Announced Today