How do I convert PDF to text? It is a great hustle when it comes to converting PDF files to file formats like Text. But fortunately, we have several options available that make these conversions easy for us. Do you know about any tool that could be used to convert PDF to a Text file? We have something great for you, probably the best tool for all types of conversions. Do not miss the treasure, and let's dig in together.
The Best PDF to Text Converter
The internet is flooded with multiple tools that offer you to convert PDF to Text. The choices are massive that users often get confused in figuring out the best one. Do not worry; we have already done this thing for you. The best PDF to Text converter is none other than UPDF. Yes, that is true. When we claim it to be the best, it is, and its features are proof of it. UPDF undoubtedly offers its users various tools.
Some of the Distinguishing Features are Listed Below:
- When it comes to PDF conversion, you can easily convert PDF to Text, RTF, Word, Excel, CSV, PPT, HTML, XML, and Image (PNG, JPG, BMP, TIFF, GIF).
- It has the advanced OCR feature to help you turn scanned PDFs into editable PDFs.
- It can protect PDF documents with a password.
- It allows you to edit the texts and images on PDF documents.
- It is easy for you to add a link, watermark, and background to PDF documents.
- There are many annotation tools available for you to review PDF documents and collaborate with others.
The Perks that You will Enjoy Using UPDF are:
- Fast processing, as it converts files quickly and adequately.
- Time-saving facilities; as it offers an intuitive interface.
- It provides consistent formatting and accurate conversions.
- It is an all-in-one PDF solution and you can get all the PDF-related features in it.
How to Convert PDF to Text
Converting PDF to text using UPDF is relatively easy. You do not need to have any technical knowledge or anything else. If you have this program on your device, you can get the conversions done within a few clicks. For your ease and convenience, we have listed the steps below.
Step 1. Import the PDF document
The first step is to open the file. To open the PDF file, you want to convert to text, click on the "Open File" option. A pop-up window will appear from where you can select the desired file. Moreover, you can use the drag-and-drop option to add or upload files.
Once you have uploaded the PDF file that you want to convert to text, click the "Export PDF" icon to open the converting panel.
Step 2. Select Output Format as Text
To select the output format, click on the "Text" option from the formats panel on the right side of the screen.
Step 3. How Do I Convert PDF to Text File
Once you have selected the output file format, click on "Export". Select the folder you want to save the output files. The converter will process and convert your PDF to text format within a few seconds.
Video Tutorial on How to Convert PDF to Text
How to Convert a Scanned PDF to TXT
Do you have a scanned PDF document that you want to convert into text? When you want to convert a scanned PDF to an editable PDF document, you should use the OCR tool to recognize all the texts.
Step 1: Access the OCR Tool in UPDF
As the scanned PDF opens on the screen, proceed to the "Recognize Text Using OCR" button on the right side of the window.
Step 2: Select Document Type for OCR
It will open a menu on the front, select "Searchable PDF" in the "Document Type" tab and proceed to set the parameters of the OCR tool.
Step 3: Set the OCR
- Layout: For the "Layout" tab, you need to set the option to "Text and pictures only", "Text over the page image", or "Text under the page image". For the advanced settings of the layout, click on the "Gear" icon and check the option of "Keep text and background colors."
- Document Language: Define the "Document Language" out of the 38 options available in the list.
- Image Resolution: Set the appropriate "dpi" value of the "Image Resolution." If you are unaware of the resolution, you can select the "Detect Optimal Resolution" option.
Step 4: Perform OCR and Convert Scanned PDF to Text
Define a proper "Page Range" over which you want to apply the OCR. Once done, click on "Perform OCR" to lead to saving the new document location. Set a name and location for the converted PDF file and click "Save" to start the process. In this way, you will get a fully editable PDF file, and you can edit all the texts and images directly in the PDF document.
Tips: You can edit the texts and images in PDF directly now, but if you want to convert it to Text format, you can follow the steps below:
- With the OCR PDF opened on UPDF, you must proceed to the "Export PDF" button on the right panel. As you select it, a list of different formats will appear across the protruding menu.
- Look for the "Text (.txt)" format in the menu that you want to convert the PDF into. As a new window opens, you must specify some important parameters.
- Provide a "Page Range" as appropriate, and click "Export" to convert the PDF to the text.
- Following this, you can set the name and location of the converted file across the File Explorer window. Click "Save" to conclude and execute the conversion process.
In this article, we have discussed different ways to convert PDF to Text, such as converting an editable or scanned PDF. These conversions get quite easy with UPDF because the quality conversion of this tool is exceptional. You will also get 5 free converts with this tool, so download UPDF today and utilize 5 free conversions to analyze the quality metrics of this tool.
- How to Create Drop Down List in Excel? (The Complete Guide)
- The Ultimate Guide on How to Use ChatGPT to Write a Resume
- ChatGPT vs. Siri, What are the Differences? Who Will Be the Winner in the AI Race?
- How to Use ChatGPT to Improve Your Work Productivity
- Extract Pages from Word with 3 Easy Ways
- An Easy & Unique Way to Create PDF from Images
- How to Insert Checkbox in Excel? (5 Easy Ways)
- 8 Solutions for Adobe Acrobat Not Opening
- How to Add Text to The Beginning and End of Cell in Excel? (The Easiest Ways)
- How to Insert an Excel File to PPT
- How to Download and Use ChatGPT for Mac Safely?
- How to Convert, Import, and Export PPT to Excel for Free
- How to Embed Fonts in PowerPoint on Win/Mac
- GPT-4 vs. GPT-3.5, Which Version is Better?
- How to Copy PDF to PowerPoint