PDF documents aren't supported by all applications. Thus, it becomes necessary to convert the files to other formats to be able to use them more effectively or do the necessary edits. One of the ways that you can make your PDF more usable is by converting it to XML. There are many applications you can use to convert PDF to XML. This article will teach you how to convert PDF to XML file using UPDF and also how to do it online. In addition, you also learn more about XML format.
Method 1. How to Convert PDF to XML
It's easy to convert PDF to XML files using UPDF. This is a PDF converter software that offers professional PDF conversion. It offers high-level file security, consistent formatting, and accurate conversion of your PDF files to whatever format you want. Try UPDF from the below button.
- The information and data in the output XML file will be well organized and of high quality
- It features an Optical Character Recognition(OCR) that helps accurately convert the scanned or image-based PDF into other easy-to-edit formats. OCR supports 17 languages making it a great feature.
- With the tool, you have peace of mind knowing that all your confidential information is protected.
- An all-in-one PDF editor to resolve the PDF question.
- It has all kinds of robust PDF annotation tools.
- Easy to use and user-friendly interface.
It can capably handle whatever you throw into it for conversion. Here are steps on how to convert PDF to XML files with the UPDF.
Step 1. Open the PDF Document
Start by opening the PDF document you want to convert PDF by clicking on "Open File".
Step 2. Select Output Format as XML
Once your PDF file is opened, click on the "Export PDF" icon on the top right side. After clicking it, a list of multiple formats will appear as shown in the image below. Find and select the "XML" format as your preferred format.
Step 3. How can I convert PDF to XML
When you click on the "XML" format, a pop-up window will appear. It will allow you to set up your preference such as text recognition settings or page range. After setting up, click on the "Export" button and your PDF will be converted to XML.
Video Tutorial on How to Convert PDF to XML
Method 2. How do I Convert Scanned PDF to XML
OCR feature in UPDF allows you to convert scanned PDF to XML with high-level accuracy. Here are the steps of convert scanned PDF to XML with OCR using UPDF:
- When you open the PDF which you want to convert, click on "Recognize Text Using OCR" on the right menu.
- After clicking the "Recognize Text Using OCR", select "Searchable PDF" on the pop-up window.
- Select "Text and pictures only" or "Text over the page image" on the "Layout".
- Setting the language, image resolution, page range, and odd or even pages if you need.
- After done the setting, tap on "Perform OCR" to convert the scanned PDF to an editable and searchable PDF.
- A new editable and searchable PDF will automatically open in UPDF. Now you can convert this PDF to XML by clicking "Export PDF>XML>Export".
Method 3. How to Convert PDF to XML Online
You can use different tools to convert PDF to XML online. This is a simple and fast tool to use as you convert PDF to XML. Here are the steps to convert PDF to XML.
- Step 1: Go to Google and search " Convert PDF to XML online". Select one online tool you like and open it.
- Step 2: Choose the PDF files you want to convert. You can drag and drop the documents to the upload area.
- Step 3: Click the convert button to do the PDF to XML online conversion.
- Step 4: Wait for a few seconds and then click download and save XML documents to your device.
These are the steps of using the online tool and it does not mean it is the best. Because online tools are not safe. Uploading files online means that information can be stolen. And online tools will have strict limits on file size. We recommend that you find a safe offline tool with no restrictions, such as UPDF.
Knowledge: What is XML?
XML files feature XML codes and usually end with the file extension. XML. The files have tags that show how the document ought to be structured. The tags also show how the files should be stored and moved over the internet. Here is an example.
They contain plain text and tags. In the above example, plain text is shown in black while the tags are shown in green. The plain text is the actual data that is stored while the tags show what the data is. Since XML documents are plain text files, it is easy to create, store, move and interpret by humans and computers. This is the reason why XML files are popular online. It is also worth noting that most online software applications also store information and send the details to other apps in this format. XML files are used in web searching, computer applications, moving digital information, and also in websites and apps.
Converting PDF to XML is not a complex thing. This article shows you three ways to convert PDF to XML. But we recommend you to the offline PDF converter tool UPDF. It's completely safe and it can recognize scanned PDF text. The powerful OCR feature is the feature you shouldn't miss. So don't wait, download UPDF today to convert PDF to XML!
- Top 10 JPG to PDF Converters You Can't Miss in 2023
- Top 5 PNG to PDF Converters
- The Most Reliable and Best Note Taking App for iPad in 2023
- The Best Book Annotation Tool – Maximize Your Readability with UPDF
- Simple Methods to Convert GIF to PDF
- The Terrific Method to Convert TIFF to PDF
- How to Convert JPG to PDF with the Best Method
- How to Convert BMP to PDF in Terrific Way
- How to Convert PNG to PDF with High Quality Easily
- Free Printable and Editable Daily Planner Templates