PDF is the most used file format in the business, academic, and marketing industries. However, PDF has a fixed nature, and it is a hassle for users as they are unable to edit their PDF content. To address this issue, you need to convert PDF to ODF because it is the most open and editable format for all users. It saves you time and optimizes your productivity as you can seamlessly edit the contents of your document.
Furthermore, converting PDF to ODF also increases collaboration within the organization and academics. To convert PDF format into ODF, you'll need specific tools or software that support both PDF and ODF formats. In this article, we'll look at the top 5 online PDF to ODF converters and how UPDF can assist you before you undertake the conversion process.
Part 1. What are the Supported Formats in OpenOffice?
Apache OpenOffice is an open-source software that supports various file formats. In the following section, we have provided you with a list of file formats that OpenOffice supports:
- OpenDocument Spreadsheets: OpenOffice supports various file formats of spreadsheets, such as .xls, .slk, .ccv, and more. You can utilize it to store tabular data with charts, formulas, and other elements.
- OpenDocument Graphic Files: It can also support graphic file formats like BMP, JPG, SGF, and many more. These formats serve as a standard format for vector graphics, letting you create editable images and diagrams.
- OpenDocument Presentation: Some of the presentation formats that OpenOffice supports are .ppt, .pps, .pot, .cgm, and more. Moreover, users can add presentation slides with multimedia elements and slide transitions.
- OpenDocument Formula Files: OpenDocument Math 2.x can open different OpenDocument formula files like StarMath (.smf) and MathML (.mml) files. Furthermore, it enables you to represent mathematical notations and equations within documents.
- OpenDocument Text Files: Users can access different file formats of OpenDocument text files, including .xml, .wps, .doc, .hwp, and more.
Part 2. How to Convert PDF to ODF Supported Formats with UPDF?
Users can convert their PDF files into various other file formats with the UPDF convert feature within seconds. Furthermore, it ensures the quality, format, and page layout of your PDF file while converting. This tool's batch feature can also convert multiple documents simultaneously to optimize productivity. Moreover, you get the chance to transform your scanned documents into editable formats with the OCR technology.
In addition to that, its OCR conversion supports up to 38 languages and three output layouts. This tool is more than capable of converting PDF to various formats as it supports PNG, XLSX, XML, HTML, and more. The following are the instructions to carry out the PDF conversion other than converting PDF to ODF with UPDF:
1. Convert a Single PDF
With the UPDF conversion feature, you can easily convert a single PDF document into various ODF file formats. The following instructions will guide you on how to convert a single PDF with the UPDF conversion tool:
- After downloading UPDF, launch it on your desktop. Now, click the "Open Files" option to add your desired file for the conversion process.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
- When the file is added, go to the right-side panel of the main editing interface and hit the "Export PDF" icon.
- From here, choose the desired file format, such as Excel, Rich text Format, or XML, to convert your PDF file.
- Once you have chosen a file format, a small pop-up window will appear. Here, you can adjust the "Page Range" from custom to all pages and finally hit the "Export" button.
2. Batch Convert Multiple PDFs
The batch feature lets you convert multiple PDF files into different file formats at the same time. In the following section, we provide steps to convert PDF files into various formats:
- Once you have launched UPDF on your computer, click the "Batch" icon on the main interface.
- Now, select the "Convert" option under the "Popular Batch Actions" section.
- When a new window opens, press the "Add Files" button to import the desired PDF files you want to convert.
- You can change the format and layout from the right-side panel under the "Output Format" and "Layout Settings" options. When you're done, hit the "Apply" option.
3. Convert a Scanned PDF
It is much easier to edit, format, and customize your scanned PDF file if you convert it into editable form. So, the UPDF OCR feature can help you convert scanned PDF documents into editable and searchable formats. The steps given below can help guide you on how to convert a scanned PDF:
- Start by downloading UPDF to your computer and opening the software's main interface on your device. Now, click the "Open Files" option to add scanned PDF documents on UPDF.
- On the editing interface, press the "Recognize text using OCR" icon from the right-side panel.
- When a small side screen appears, check the "Searchable PDF" under the "Document Type" section. Here, you can make adjustments to PDF OCR settings according to your needs.
- You can change the file layout, document language, and page range of their PDF document. There are options to change the image resolution and choose odd or even pages.
- After performing all the modifications to the OCR settings, hit the "Perform OCR" button.
If you are interested in getting more information about UPDF features and tools, press the "Free Download" button and try it yourself. Moreover, you can purchase the Pro version of this tool to enjoy the time-limited offer.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
Part 3. Top 5 PDFs to ODF Converter Online
Now that we have discussed the UPDF conversion feature, there are other version tools online that you can try. Moreover, if you are having difficulties choosing a PDF to ODF converter, we have gathered the top 5 conversion tools to try.
Zamzar is a renowned PDF-to-ODF converter that can efficiently convert PDF files into any file format. Furthermore, this tool offers a range of conversion tools that can help you convert over 150 file formats with one click. It provides a reliable and convenient way to convert documents into the desired format. Therefore, the following steps will guide you on how to use this tool to convert PDF files into other formats:
Step 1. Start by opening the Zamzar website on your browser. From the main webpage, click the "Choose Files" button to add a PDF file for conversion. Also, you can drag and drop your files or choose from URL, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
Step 2. Once the PDF file is added, press the "Convert To" button to open a drop-down menu. From there, scroll down to find and click ".odt" format under the "Document Formats" section. Now, press the "Convert Now" button to begin the conversion process.
- Zamzar only supports up to 2MB PDF file size for the free PDF-to-ODF conversion.
Convertio is a quick and easy conversion tool that can convert PDF to ODF within minutes. In addition to that, it supports over 300 different file formats, and you can custom set the advanced settings. Users can adjust the quality, aspect ratio, codec, and other PDF settings from any platform or device. Now, let's learn the steps it takes to convert PDF into another format like ODF:
Step 1. Access the "PDF Converter" tool from the homepage of Convertio or use this link to directly access the PDF to ODT Converter. Click the "Select a Document" button and upload the PDF from the dialogue box.
Step 2. When you have added the PDF file, press the "Arrive" drop-down menu and select the "ODT" file format. After that, hit the "Convert" button to begin the conversion procedure.
- Convertio's conversion rate is extremely slow, which means converting PDF to ODF takes up a lot of time.
3. PDF24 Tools
If you want a highly secure PDF to ODF-converter that completely removes your files from their system, use PDF24 Tools. Moreover, it is easy to use and access; you don't need to install any software for this tool. There are various formats this tool supports, like OpenOffice, text, images, and more. Let's explore the steps to convert PDF to ODF with PDF24 Tools in the following section:
Step 1. First, tap the "Convert PDF to..." feature by selecting the "PDF Converter" tool from the main page of PDF24 Tools. Now, click the "Choose Files" button and upload your PDF file on this tool.
Step 2. Once the file is added, press the "Format" bottom-up menu. From here, choose the "Writer (.odt)" file format under the "Open Office" section. Now, click the "Convert" button, and the tool will convert your file into .odt in minutes.
- The interface of this PDF-to-ODF conversion tool is pretty outdated and dull.
Online2PDF is an efficient PDF-to-ODF converter that enables you to edit, unlock, and merge PDF content by converting it into ODT format. It also supports uploading up to 30 files at the same time, with a size limit of 150 MB. Furthermore, you can apply the advanced OCR option for up to 100 pages of PDF to convert it into an editable format. The step-by-step guide for using this tool to convert PDF to ODF is given below.
Step 1: Start the PDF conversion process by visiting the official website of Online2PDF and choosing the "PDF Converter." You can also use the PDF to ODT tool directly by visiting the provided link. Then, hit the "Select File" option to upload the PDF document.
Step 2: Once the PDF file gets uploaded, click the "Convert to" drop-down menu. After this, choose the "Open Document Text (*.odt)" option from this drop-down menu.
Step 3: Now, enable the "Advanced OCR" feature to make the whole PDF file editable and searchable. Then, click the "Convert" button to convert the PDF file to ODT format.
- Online2PDF works better with small-size PDF files because you cannot perform batch processing if your file size exceeds 200MB.
FreeConvert is an effective and secure PDF-to-ODF converter that ensures you get the highest-quality converted file. This tool protects your files with its 256-bit SSL encryption and automatically deletes them after a few hours. In addition to that, you can enter the file password in the advanced optional settings. Now, let's look at the following steps to convert PDF to ODF file formats.
Step 1. Once you have accessed the main interface of this website, click the "Choose Files" button. You can upload up to a max file size of 1GB from your computer, Dropbox, or Google Drive without creating an account.
Step 2. After uploading your desired PDF file for conversion, press the "Output" option to access the formats drop-down menu. From here, select "ODT" file format from the "Document" section.
Step 3. When you have chosen the file format, proceed and hit the "Convert" button. Once the conversion process is completed, you can download the finished file onto your computer.
- The conversion process occasionally stops working and displays error screens at the end of the conversion.
Part 4. Seamlessly Manage and Edit PDF Before Converting to ODF
There are a few things to remember before you convert PDF to ODF, and that is how to manage your PDF. For this purpose, you can use UPDF to handle PDFs before converting them into ODF format. With its diverse features, you can make edits and highlight important content before PDF-to-ODF conversion.
- Manage PDF: With UPDF, you can manage your PDF pages with the organizer feature. You can insert new pages or remove unnecessary pages from your PDF file. Moreover, for a consistent look, you can also rotate, flip, and split your PDF pages.
- Edit PDF: The editing feature lets you add a text bar anywhere on your PDF document with customizable options. Furthermore, add images to PDF to make them more appealing and reference them with web and page links.
- Annotate PDF: Users can now personalize their PDF with UPDF's vast collection of stickers, stamps, shapes, and more. Students can also make their PDF notes pop by highlighting, underlining, and adding a sticky note to them.
- UPDF AI: If you have difficulties understanding complex terms in your article, ask the UPDF AI chatbot. Moreover, the explain and summarize feature provides easy definitions and concise summaries. Users can also translate PDF content and add it to a file before the conversion.
- Redact: There are cases when you have some sensitive information in PDF that you don't want to share with others. In such cases, UPDF lets you remove that text or image with the redact feature. Furthermore, this feature adds a black box over unwanted or sensitive information.
- Fill and Sign: UPDF can help you create, fill, and sign different PDF forms in seconds. You can customize forms and sign in with electronic and digital signatures on any device. Additionally, share and send your PDF forms via a link, QR code, and email.
UPDF is the most recommended and versatile editing software that has more to offer than you can expect. Therefore, try out its features by downloading UPDF and exploring its various editing PDF tools.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure
Part 5. FAQs about Converting PDF to ODF
Q1. Can I convert a PDF to OpenOffice?
Yes, you can convert a PDF to OpenOffice document format using a few methods. You can either copy and paste the material of your PDF into a new document or use an effective online or offline conversion tool like UPDF. Furthermore, users can save PDF files in MS Word Format and re-save them in a .odt format.
Q2. Can OpenOffice open PDF files?
No, you cannot directly open, view, or edit a PDF file in OpenOffice. To open a PDF file or convert it into a compatible OpenOffice file format, you can use UPDF, a robust PDF editor and converter to manage PDF files without restrictions.
Q3. Why do you need to convert PDF to ODF?
There are multiple reasons for converting PDF to ODF. As we know, PDF files are not editable without specialized software, and some tools even want you to buy the subscription plan before editing the PDF file. On the other hand, ODF is an open-source file format and can be edited using any software. Moreover, it will help you save money because you will not have to buy any product to modify your documents.
To conclude this article, we can say that converting PDF to ODF file format is beneficial as you can access the PDF content more readily. That is why, to convert PDF to ODF, we have discussed the top 5 converters.
However, if you want to make edits to your PDF before conversion, you can make use of UPDF. Therefore, download UPDF today to learn and explore its advanced editing and managing features. Moreover, you can upgrade to UPDF Pro to avail yourself of all premium features without any watermark at 60% off.
Windows • macOS • iOS • Android 100% secure