Have you ever wondered how to convert PDF to Google Docs? Although Google follows its own file formats in Drive, it is fully compatible with Microsoft Word files, which means it's relatively easy to convert a PDF document into a file that can be opened in Google Docs without any changes in formatting or loss of content integrity.
Here, we'll show you one of the best PDF to Google Docs converters that you can use to convert your PDF workflows to Word files for uploading to your Drive account. We'll also show you some online tools that are handy when you're using a shared computer or you don't have your own laptop to hand.
UPDF is an exclusive PDF tool to help you convert files into editable formats such as the Google Docs-supported Word file type. It also converts PDF into an array of other useful formats such as Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, Text, XML, PDF/A, and image files. But only the Mac version supports converting PDF files. This tool also converts scanned PDF to Word. Get UPDF from the below button.
If you need to convert PDF to Google Docs, using UPDF for Mac to get a Word output for upload is the best option because of three key factors:
- Format Consistency: The original layout and other attributes of the PDF file are maintained with a high degree of integrity so the output is as close to the original as possible.
- Fast Conversion: Save time by processing multiple files in a queue. It's fast and accurate and will greatly boost your daily productivity when working with heavy document workflows.
- File Security: Your files are protected with advanced encryption to keep them safe throughout the import, conversion, and download process.
How to Convert PDF to Google Docs on Windows and Mac
Let's look at how UPDF works and converts PDF to Google Docs-supported formats on Windows and Mac:
Step 1: Import a PDF Document
You can import a PDF file easily with a simple drag-and-drop motion or use the "Open File" option on the home screen.
Step 2: Convert PDF to Google Docs Supported Format
In the right-side panel, click the first icon and select the "Word" option.
Then click "Export" in the pop-up window and select a folder to save the converted file.
Step 3: Upload to Google Drive
You can now upload the file to a Google Drive location using the "New" → "File Upload" option in Drive.
Step 4: Open and Edit with Google Docs
The file can be opened and edited in Docs, which fully supports the Word format. You can right-click the PDF file and then click "Open With" > "Google Docs".
How to Convert PDF to Google Docs Online
You can search for an online PDF service that does the job of PDF to Word conversion. The online tool's interface is simple, but there are many downsides that you'll need to upgrade to a paid plan to process batch conversions or use premium features. It is also not safe to upload your PDF file to the internet.
How to Convert PDF to Google Docs Online
Step 1: Upload the File
Select an online tool and go to the PDF to Word option and upload the file with a drag-and-drop action, or use the upload button on the site to do this
Step 2: Download the Word File
Click the Download button and save the converted Word file to your desktop
Step 3: Upload to Google Docs
You can now proceed to upload the document to a Drive folder, where it will appear as a Docs-compatible file that you can open and edit with Google Docs
Now that we've seen the benefits of using online services, such as convenience, what are the downsides? Let's explore these:
Security Concerns: Although these sites are secure in themselves and your files are generally deleted after a period of time has passed, your Internet connection might be compromised, which means sensitive documents or confidential files can be accessed by unauthorized users during the upload or download process. An offline tool such as UPDF can help you avoid this type of situation.
Document Size Limitations: Most online services won't let you upload large files because it blocks their server resources. For that reason, you may only get a limit of 5MB per file, which doesn't work for large PDF documents. In contrast, offline tools don't have these limits since they only use your local computer resources.
Low-quality Output: You'll notice that online PDF to Word conversion tools might not be true to the original formatting. Most of them simply take the text and render it in Word format rather than maintain the layouts, fonts, alignments, and other attributes. Moreover, if you're using a free service without OCR and your document has image-based text in it, you'll just get a Word file with images, not text.
Why Choose UPDF to Convert PDF to Google Docs
UPDF is an all-in-one PDF solution that can help you convert 5 PDF files without limits for free. It supports converting PDF to other 14 formats, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, CSV, Image, Text, RTF, HTML, and so on. What's more, it can convert PDF to Word without losing formats. The fast speed and accuracy are the advantages of UPDF. In addition, it also has some other stunning features.
Other Key Features of UPDF:
- You can add, remove, and edit text and images in PDF files easily.
- It allows you to annotate PDFs with many annotation tools.
- Quickly organize PDF pages, such as insert, extract, replace, rotate, and split PDF.
- Protect PDF with open passwords and permission passwords.
- Add and edit hyperlinks in PDF files effortlessly.
- Add and delete watermark and background in PDF with ease.
Try UPDF today from the below Download button.
Google Docs or, rather, Google Drive, supports a wide range of formats, as listed below:
General Files: ZIP, Text, audio, video, images, markup, HTML, CSS, etc.
Microsoft Files: Excel, Word, XML, XPS, PPT, etc.
Apple Files: Pages, Numbers, Keynote, etc.
Adobe Files: PDF, PSD, SVG, TIFF, AI, and so on
FAQs on Converting PDF to Google Docs
Can I open a PDF in Google Docs?
Yes, you can open a PDF in Google Docs.
- Step 1. Log in to your Google Docs account.
- Step 2. Click "File" and then "Upload" to upload your PDF into Google Docs.
- Step 3. After uploading the PDF file, you can click it to open it. Easy? Right.
How do I make a PDF editable in Google Docs?
If your PDF document is a scanned PDF or an image-based PDF, you can't make the PDF editable in Google Docs, as it doesn't have the OCR feature yet. However, you can use the OCR feature of UPDF to convert scanned PDFs into editable PDFs.
How do I convert a PDF to Google Doc without losing formatting?
If you want to convert a PDF to Google Docs without losing formatting, you need to use a professional PDF converter. UPDF is the best choice as it provides accurate conversion and it retains the original formatting.
In truth, there's really no such thing as a Google Docs format. It simply means that a particular file format is compatible with Google Drive and can be opened with Docs, Sheets, Slides, or one of the add-on tools that you'll need to enable. The best way to convert PDF to Google Docs-compatible files is to use an offline conversion tool such as UPDF because it's safe, fast and will do all the heavy lifting for you.
- Top 10 JPG to PDF Converters You Can't Miss in 2023
- Top 5 PNG to PDF Converters
- The Most Reliable and Best Note Taking App for iPad in 2023
- The Best Book Annotation Tool – Maximize Your Readability with UPDF
- Simple Methods to Convert GIF to PDF
- The Terrific Method to Convert TIFF to PDF
- How to Convert JPG to PDF with the Best Method
- How to Convert BMP to PDF in Terrific Way
- How to Convert PNG to PDF with High Quality Easily
- Free Printable and Editable Daily Planner Templates